PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough parking this weekend

amandadarren
03-05-2012, 17:46
hi we are thinking of heading to Scarborough this weekend does anyone know wheres best to park at night bearing in mind we are 24ft length, this will only be our second outing wildcamping so any help would be grateful, or anywhere along that coast like e.g whitby, bridlington etc many thanks amanda and darren

sean rua
03-05-2012, 18:13
Hi,
until folk who know the area well come on with their replies, I think it may help you to look at some of the previous threads about Scarborough that are on this forum.

Just type in "Scarborough" in the box near "Advanced search" ( top right).

You will see that there has been some fun and games.:)

sean rua.

amandadarren
03-05-2012, 18:40

kimbowbill
03-05-2012, 18:44
i wouldn't waste your time at Scarbados, they dont seem to be liking MH's at the moment, as suggested, read some of the threads, also read some of the comments what the locals have put, i would be concerened of my van getting damaged, they dont deserve the revenue

amandadarren
03-05-2012, 19:06
ok will do any suggestions of motorhome friendly places alone that coast thanks

channa
03-05-2012, 20:35
Last week I spent a quiet night behind the plough ph on the Scarborough to filey road....I also spent a night near brid same road layby with a phone mast at the side of it .........leaving Bridlington, on the hornsea road, there is a layby just before fraisthorpe....stopped there often...btw all are big enough to accomodate your van

Channa..

Blue bank outside Whitby o. The Pickering road is worth a look when I stopped really windy....hole of horcum A bit further down

amandadarren
03-05-2012, 20:44
thank you :)

swishy
03-05-2012, 21:17
Going along the A171 from Middlesborough towards Whitby. Once you get to the top and start to drop down the long hill there are a couple of carparks. Perhaps its two miles out of town, maybe three. I'm sure they're cosha but perhaps someone else on here will confirm. Its not right on the coast but near. If you're in the RSPB then they'll likely turn a blind eye to you overnighting at Bempton. We've done this and weren't alone but in my defence I am a paid up bird lover.

maingate
03-05-2012, 21:39
The big car park in Whitby (next to the Marina and Supermarket) is now a no go area. The Council are moving m/homes on.

CasaMia
05-05-2012, 14:57
I live in Scarborough & spent 9 weeks at the pay & display car park at the Sea Life Center North Bay last June July (see my posts for reasons :) We Had absolutely no probs & its a beautiful place with pub & cliff walk on hand :)

amandadarren
05-05-2012, 17:03
Hi thanks we spent lastnight on the north shore spending another night here tonight

CasaMia
06-05-2012, 12:12
Hope you enjoy your stay :)

rach82
06-05-2012, 15:26
We went to scarborough to look for a wild camping spot but didnt really like it so moved on to Robin Hoods Bay and parked on the car park there. Nice quiet spot and a lovely location. It was (I think) 5 for a 24hr ticket but as we went to get ours somebody leaving gave us theirs so it was free!!

smose
21-05-2012, 20:40
We live in Scarborough and there are always vans parked along marine drive - they removed the restriction on overnight parking a few years ago. There is also the mere where there are two car parks suitable and forge valley/ raincliffe woods which we have spent a night in on way home once.

Also a little known fact is that there is an easily accessible elson point on Olivers Mount. Its right at the top field at the side of the football changing rooms. In the summer the mount is often used for rallies and other events but if you go late on there will be little problem.

Sandie
16-08-2012, 17:01
We went to scarborough to look for a wild camping spot but didnt really like it so moved on to Robin Hoods Bay and parked on the car park there. Nice quiet spot and a lovely location. It was (I think) 5 for a 24hr ticket but as we went to get ours somebody leaving gave us theirs so it was free!!

Hi, does the car park in RHB still have the "no overnight camping or sleeping in vehicles" signs? I assume, as with Whitby that they are not legally enforecable? Has anyone had any probelms there?

Sandie

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS