PDA

View Full Version : Troon

draaiorgel
13-07-2007, 01:35
Follow signs for the Marina go up the south side of it past all the large bundles of wood on the left. Keep straight on till there is a sign saying no admittance or similar, look for row of cottages on the left drive past them car park on the left. Nice view in the morning and a quiet peaceful night. If you go past that car park there is another but I think it's used by the youngsters, stick with the first one.

With friendly greetings,
Draaiorgel

Big Westy
15-07-2007, 16:43
nice one Draaiorgel......
stayed there last night along with 2 other vans.
was quite busy around 6pm with locals enjoying the fantastic view
along with their fish suppers.
was lucky enough to get a superb sunset over Arran.
This is a real handy location if your using the P & O Irish ferry,
very close to Prestwick airport also.

hillwalker
15-07-2007, 20:27
nice one Draaiorgel......
stayed there last night along with 2 other vans.
was quite busy around 6pm with locals enjoying the fantastic view
along with their fish suppers.
was lucky enough to get a superb sunset over Arran.
This is a real handy location if your using the P & O Irish ferry,
very close to Prestwick airport also.
sounds good, i'll need to try and find this spot..:D

draaiorgel
26-07-2007, 16:26
Hey Big Westie n Hillwalker,
You're welcome guys.
We liked it anyway also got a nice pic of the ferry coming back to the mainland.
Like I said in the first post, the youngsters frequent the second car park but they were very quiet and didn't bother us when they were coming and going.

With friendly greetings,
Draaiorgel

mikejay
21-10-2007, 11:32
Drinking water @ public toilets on sea front next to free car park oppisite church and libray south beach esplanade.
Mike

draaiorgel
23-03-2008, 09:33
Hey Mikejay,
That's actually the North beach where the toilets and water tap are
just round the corner from the large statue at the free car park.
The snag is if you wanted to park there you've got to get in early in the morning.

Midnight Express
10-09-2008, 23:44
Where the first poster is talking about is the carpark of the now defunked Seacat ferry service........Good safe place to park......harbour master staff in adjacent building 24 hrs a day perched next to sea wall.......great fish and chips and a seafood restaurant next to fish harbour next to car park.......seals swim about dock daily.........Great views over Firth of Clyde............Handy for P&0 Express for Larne.....(their pier 5 mins down road towards Troon......well sign posted.......Also lovely restaurant at Troon marina ...."Scotts".....great food.........big Asda also nearby for supplies........

debsoi
23-05-2010, 19:59
Follow signs for the Marina go up the south side of it past all the large bundles of wood on the left. Keep straight on till there is a sign saying no admittance or similar, look for row of cottages on the left drive past them car park on the left. Nice view in the morning and a quiet peaceful night. If you go past that car park there is another but I think it's used by the youngsters, stick with the first one.

With friendly greetings,
Draaiorgel

Wow, arrived on Larne ferry at 7.30pm. In position by 7.45, two old dears came and told us about the chippy as soon as the handbrake was on. Had to invite them in for a wee glass of red. Chippy closes at 9pm........not gonna make it but the two old folk have made up for it

Cheers

ajs
24-05-2010, 23:13

ahh..troon one of my favourite golf courses... fabulous...:D

also try turnberry... even better :cool::rolleyes:

nice big hotel there... 500 squid a night...:eek:

regards :)
aj

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS