PDA

View Full Version : changing money for France trip.

solarman
23-05-2012, 22:31
what do you guys normally do when changing money for France,do you change it over here(uk) ,on the ferry or wait till you get over?Going on Friday night so need a plan,thanks for reding,
Solarman.

mark61
24-05-2012, 00:25
Depends on so many things, how much and how long away. Here or away, always a gamble, but perhaps easier to sort at home first. Ferry, last resort.

BambiOwner
24-05-2012, 05:48
We always have about 500 on a prepaid euro card and carry about 300 woth of Euros in notes the card is used for petrol and toll roads

Skar
24-05-2012, 05:59
We normally just pop into the post office and get a few hundred pounds worth for bits and pieces, everything else goes on the Nationwide Credit Card.

pochaie
24-05-2012, 05:59
....... change your money at the port, complete rip off !
I try Tesco or Marks and Spencer, Tesco on line is good

ellisboy
24-05-2012, 06:44
I always get my cash from M&S. Usually give very good rate.

Makzine
24-05-2012, 07:31
We have a French account so no need to change anywhere. :cheers:

John H
24-05-2012, 08:57
I always try to avoid changing money at all and instead use ATM machines that give you a much better exchange rate (especially if you use something like the Halifax Clarity Card - zero charge). Why would you need to change money beforehand? If you need fuel on leaving the ferry, pay for it on your debit card; if you need to buy anything on the ferry, use sterling. But if you absolutely have to change money, I recommend Travelex online for the best rates (but don't just turn up at one of their offices at ports/airports because the rate there is appalling). Happy travels.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS