PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to the Jura?

davyboy
26-05-2012, 01:19
looking at the Jura for this year's hols. never been before but fed up with the Alsace and Annecy regions so thought we'd go for something similar but different - if that makes sense

anyway, we're looking for somewhere near a river or lake, with safe cycling - any recommendations?

merci mes amis

Kath
26-05-2012, 08:32
Hi Davyboy,
We have friends who live in Gex and we have spent some great times in the Jura Mountains, fabulous place.
The Jura is well known for it's abundance of lakes. If you google 'the Jura' and read the Wikipedia report it lists them by name. if you want to see a really impressive lake, the Jura is not that far from Geneva and lake Leman.
Have a great holiday.
Kath

jeffscarborough
26-05-2012, 09:25
We stayed here,

Campsite Domaine de Chalain France Franche-ComtÚ Jura - ACSI Eurocampings (http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/france/franche-comte/jura/campsite-domaine-de-chalain-100362/)

Plenty of cycling / walking routes.

channa
26-05-2012, 13:06
We stayed here,

Campsite Domaine de Chalain France Franche-ComtÚ Jura - ACSI Eurocampings (http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/france/franche-comte/jura/campsite-domaine-de-chalain-100362/)

Plenty of cycling / walking routes.

One of the campsites my old company use in the jura....

I can't remember eurocamp or keycamp,

However if it is the former, get a price from the site then ring eurocamp independant for a price including crossing.

not saying it will , but might save you a few quid, popular site high season

Channa

MATS
27-05-2012, 18:14
I have taken my 22 foot on small ferry but watch gradient as I had to scrape rear metal bumper to get off - an accepted risk that I discussed with the the captain try and get high tide. Then carry on along single road, pass village then look for disused airfield along a small track towards sea side - great place

mart1
28-05-2012, 11:56
Hi,

I'm from Jura and live near Besanšon :)
Are you looking for wild camping or for a camp site?
If you have any questions, you can ask me... ;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS