PDA

View Full Version : Bridlington;--

roifromnwales
03-01-2005, 16:46
A deep lay-by on left of the A165 coming out of Bridlington, as you exit town

wildone
02-05-2005, 09:44
Yeah we stopped in that last week.
Coming up from Beverly on the A165 about 7 miles before Bridlington on the right!

There were 4 other campers stopped there aswell!
:D

mandy&Andy
21-02-2007, 10:27
We stopped here last week too, while attending a funeral just down the road. I was born in Harpham (the next village on) and the lady who died was from the village. Lovely place, under trees so lots of late drips from the trees after the rain had stopped, but counting them helped me go to sleep, made a change from sheep counting. Now got picnic tables , burger van, no loos though. The heading is the official name of the place and is signposted this on the road.
Mandy

mickymoor
09-04-2007, 15:27
been to bridlington this weekend 90p per hour to park on the seafront,height bars on the north & south beach carparks.
i think i was in the wrong layby as it was just outside the town but no picnic tables or burger van.
shared the night with 3 other vans.

jezport
04-05-2009, 21:17
We were in Bridlington this weekend.

The council do not want our custom, they have height limits on most car parks, you are banned from overnighting on the streets. Its no wonder that most the shops are to-let or closing down.

channa
04-05-2009, 21:32
Bracey Bridge is on the Driffield road. About 8 or 9 miles outside the town.

If you take the Scarborough road there is a layby too about 3 miles out. You will see a radio mast at the side of it.

And then there is the layby already mentioned past Carnaby and near Fraisthorpe.

If heading out of Brid towards the M62 / Goole in effect there is also another layby at Beighton and another one about 1/2 a mile out the village on the left ..I guess here you are about 12 miles outside Bridlington.

Channa

Old_Arthur
05-05-2009, 11:41
we spent sunday in brid 3.50 all day parkin on the sea front just past the spa,stopped over night near carnaby ind estate no probs

nigel54
05-05-2009, 21:16
I do not visit brid anymore, the borough council seem to be against m/homes. Up to 2yrs ago you could park free on Nth shore,then they introduced 1hr parking only. This lasted a season, this yr the 1hr as been put up to 3hrs.So you cannot spend the day thier. To me it seems that they don,t want day trippers either. Perhaps this is why Brid has so many empty shops, day trippers & M/homers can,t find allday parking. I visit Whitby now, accesible & free parking on West cliff.

jezport
10-07-2009, 21:16
I do not visit brid anymore, the borough council seem to be against m/homes. Up to 2yrs ago you could park free on Nth shore,then they introduced 1hr parking only. This lasted a season, this yr the 1hr as been put up to 3hrs.So you cannot spend the day thier. To me it seems that they don,t want day trippers either. Perhaps this is why Brid has so many empty shops, day trippers & M/homers can,t find allday parking. I visit Whitby now, accesible & free parking on West cliff.

I posted earlier about the same thing, also the parking on the North side is 45degrees facing the kerb, totally unsuitable for a motorhome. We stayed overnight away from yellow lines and not obstructing anyone and received a threatening letter from the council.

The next week we went to Blackpool and had no problem. If I add everything up that we spent in Blackpool over the weekend it came to 125. Bridlington 0 Blackpool 125.

robert b
11-07-2009, 10:40
i dont like brid now. theres a lot of drunks and druggies there now aways trying to scrounge money .and as you say parking not that good i prefer scarborough and whitby much more .but even scarborough is changing the parking for motorhomes this year

channa
11-07-2009, 19:09
It is becoming increasingly frustrating on the Yorkshire coast due to the narrow mindedness of local councils who seem completely bereft of any commercial acumen. It seems they are arrogant or and ignorant to the fact businesses pay rates too and many are dependant on tourism.

Just a thought, these towns often twin with German and French counterparts.

Considering the success of aires and stellplatz abroad, When the councilors are spending our money visiting, perhaps they should have on the agenda a visit to an aire/ stellplatz to see the benefit it brings to the local economy.

On second thoughts probably asking too much of those elected to serve to actually do a job

Channa

LozSiBen
12-07-2009, 21:42
Hi Allan b,

What do you mean regarding Scarborough ?, it's one of our favourites, usually park near the water pump house on marine drive.

Cheers Simon.

kimbowbill
13-07-2009, 00:09
Hi Allan b,

What do you mean regarding Scarborough ?, it's one of our favourites, usually park near the water pump house on marine drive.

Cheers Simon.

Hi Simon

i along with others use Scalby Mill, sea life centre, the parking rules are up for debate at the moment, if you can find chrissy on here, she has posted the info i think its titled, scarbourgh parking but chrissy will put you right when she sees this post, wont ya gal?

J

kimbowbill
13-07-2009, 00:14
Hi Allan b,

Cheers Simon.

heres chrissys post Simon

Hi EV1 just wanted to bring this one out in case members have not seen it. It is being supported by several other members who have sent objection emails - you don't have to use their car parks to make an objection???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
Hi, went to Scalby Mills overnight on Saturday and new notice has been posted saying under the road traffic act off-street parking blah blah that they are applying to change the parking criteria and that overnight a maximum of 4hrs will be allowed with a 2hr break in between - this will also apply to approx 7 other car parks including Marine Drive.

Please see this link to the appropriate report.

Report: http://democracy.scarborough.gov.uk/....aspx?ID=11238

I have emailed Mr Bedford the author and Cllr Backhouse the report holder and will let you know the outcome.

I have challenged them that most MH owners who visit the area and use the overnight parking facility do so for this reason and not necessarily to visit the area in particular and that an appropriate overnight parking fee would bring them in revenue and indeed not lose them the "birds in the hand" that they already have.

This is just my opinion and I don't propose to speak for anyone else but I would rather pay the 24hr charge of 5/6 than lose the facility all together.

I got their email addresses from the Council website so they are for anyone's use and I include them here should anyone else wish to try to get this proposal changed.

bruce.bedford@scarborough.gov.uk
cllr.andrew.backhouse@northyorks.gov.uk

Whoops, forgot to mention, this doesn't take effect fully until after mid July - I think it's the early 20th something. So not panic just yet

Thanks
Chrissy
This is the reply I have received

Sent: Monday, 22 June, 2009 16:21:59
Subject: Re: USE OF CAR PARKS AND ON-STREET PARKING BAYS BY MOTOR CARAVANS

Dear Christine
Thank you for your comments on the proposed order. I can assure you that the points you make were in Members minds when originally considering the options open to them. As this is a statutory process, objections submitted must be taken into account by the Council before confirming or rejecting the proposal.

Your e-mail will be taken as an objection and will be formally submitted to Members in due course, when they consider whether to continue with the proposal.

yours sincerely,

Bruce Bedford
Technical Services Manager
Scarborough Borough Council
Town Hall
Scarborough YO11 2HG
tel: 01723 232452
fax: 01723 503826
email: bruce.bedford@scarborough.gov.uk
web: Scarborough Borough Council Homepage - Whitby | Scarborough | Filey

if anyone else would like to make an objection then probably the more they have the more they will consider not going ahead with the proposal. I will send a copy of my original email if anyone wants it by Private Message, on request.

Cheers
Chrissy

robert b
13-07-2009, 05:52
hi simon. i to love scarborough i am over there every other weekend somtimes every week. as my daughter lives there. but these big wigs that sit in their offices with nothing better to do but bring in these laws as and when they please . i to sent an e mail objecting to what they are doing but no reply as yet

blobb140
13-07-2009, 07:30
I believe Councillor Backhouse and his family own two caravan sites in the town one that takes tourers at Jacobs Mount ......perhaps he will be offering special rates for motor homes

Chrissy
13-07-2009, 07:40
I believe Councillor Backhouse and his family own two caravan sites in the town one that takes tourers at Jacobs Mount ......perhaps he will be offering special rates for motor homes

Nice one, a good conflict of interest to argue against if they take the decision as he would become a very interested party in changing this parking situation and it may even be illegal for him to have anything to do with this ????

Fanks
Chrissy

kimbowbill
14-07-2009, 05:51
Nice one, a good conflict of interest to argue against if they take the decision as he would become a very interested party in changing this parking situation and it may even be illegal for him to have anything to do with this ????

Fanks
Chrissy

i agree Chrissy, deffo a conflict of interest,

J

bikertec
31-07-2009, 20:03
B road just heading out of Flamborough heading to Scarborough Little industrial site on right very quite no problems.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS