PDA

View Full Version : Glen Croe

ellieloy
04-06-2012, 21:36
We found acouple of nice ones this weekend that I dont think you have yet:
Honeymooners Bridge Carpark - this is a forestry commission place not far from Rest and Be Thankful (after the next two listed coming south on the A83). It has three bays for parking with plenty of room for larger vans. Lovely spot with walks up into the forest, very quiet at night and we got a good nights sleep.... the down side is that if you want to sit out or need to walk dogs etc, you will be eaten alive by midges, but this aside it was avery peaceful stopover.

The other was a large set back layby type area on the A83 down to Campbelltown before you get to Tayinloan. On the right hand side heading south. It had a nice beach close by. We just stopped for lunch, but the road was quiet and it would have made a reasonable stopover place. Again fine for larger vans. I think the map reference is: N55 43.3759 W5 36. 4609 ????

Just another comment - some tome ago Iasked for places to stay in Campbeltown as we were there for the Mull of kintyre Run - someone suggested the Esplanade but wecouldn't park there as the road was shut off for runners,but we parked alongside the harbour and noone bothered us. They seemed to have quite a laid back attitude to campers. Two campers parked on the Pier where there is a carpark - which I think is a pay and display during the day - but although there is plenty of space to turn etc, we didn't fancy it as there was such a strong wind coming in off the sea on Saturday night, which at best would have been noisy.

Canalsman
05-06-2012, 00:37
Thanks for the information, and I've added the two new spots to the POIs :)

(It took a while work out where the first place is located - latitude & longitude details make the job a lot easier ...)

Regards

Chris

champstar
12-06-2012, 17:33
Have used Honeymoon Bridge car park before..it gets very busy at peak times and when hot weather

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS