PDA

View Full Version : LPG in Western Isles

mardee
06-06-2012, 08:45
There is one listing in our LPG book for the Western Isles. It is Englebret Filling Station in Stornoway. We went there last week and were told the LPG was "not working". It has been out of order for several months. If you are planning a detour to there it would be best to phone them 01851702303. There seems to a dispute about the cost of repairing it
Regards
Margaret

champstar
07-06-2012, 16:42
I too encountered this problem a few weeks back and posted in the general chat forum.

Viktor
07-06-2012, 16:48
That's a basic problem with most databases unless you subscribe to the one's that charge a fee to update regularly and also that post closures and problem sites on their webpage....I found this out too when I started with the camper back in Nov last year...I relied on a free database only to find several marked locations were out of business or no longer sold LPG for various reasons...of course I wasted several hours and journeys trying to find one still selling....when I did lol...they had closed for the day!

veletron
13-08-2012, 20:06
Not in Inverness-shire, or on the Isles, but handy all the same:- LPG in Onich south of Ft William just after bridge. Persevere with the connection hose, its not your normal hose. Lever needs opening before it will fit onto van. Note that you have to read off no of litres used when filling and then tell them in shop!

onich - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/Z48eC)

gid7
13-08-2012, 20:47
Two filling stations with LPG on the Isle of Skye, Broadford and Uig - useful if heading off to the outer Isles via Uig Ferry: (Tarbert or Lochmaddy)

mardee
13-07-2013, 17:32
We phoned Engelbret filling station in Stornoway a few days ago since we are heading back there this week
They now have LPG back on. It is a useful stop there is a tap round the back and the shop is well stocked and open on a Sunday
Margaret and David

mardee
26-07-2013, 11:30
We have just come back from Lewis and Harris and in spite of what we were told by phoning them Englebret filling station did not have LPG. It was again "out of order". However we found Campbell's filling station did have LPG.
It is in Cannery Lane which is in an industrial estate Post code is HS1 2SF
Margaret and David

champstar
16-06-2014, 12:12
The LPG at Englebret filling station stornoway is not working...will have a look at Campbells and report back

molly 2
16-06-2014, 13:33
Two filling stations with LPG on the Isle of Skye, Broadford and Uig - useful if heading off to the outer Isles via Uig Ferry: (Tarbert or Lochmaddy)

Both not working 4 weeks ago

champstar
24-06-2014, 09:36
Just to update the lpg at campbells in Stornoway is working and I had no problems filling my gaslow and a spare 6kg for my mates lpg genie. It is not far from Englebrets the other petrol station but is in a industrial estate but not hard to find.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS