PDA

View Full Version : Galloway forest park questions

jetblast787
08-06-2012, 21:18
Hiya all,
I have a few questions about GFP, sorry if its in the wrong sub forum. I'm planning a trip with a few other people to go from london and camp out in the wilderness for a few days. We will be going by hire car.
I was wondering, what roads are actually open? This (http://goo.gl/maps/41tr) is the route and location I've chosen so far, but actually want to go somewhere deeper into the park, thus less people. My dads coming with us and cant walk more than a few miles which is why I need somewhere which doesn't have any human presence while in close reach to the car. We're mainly looking for somewhere where there is a loch (big or small doesnt matter), sheltered by hills, BUT with a view of both the sun rise/set and the stars. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much

Arnold
08-06-2012, 22:33
if you go to the visitor centre on dukes pass they have the key for the shut roads and you can borrow it if camping. they could also perhaps tell you where to get the views.

jetblast787
08-06-2012, 22:43
if you go to the visitor centre on dukes pass they have the key for the shut roads and you can borrow it if camping. they could also perhaps tell you where to get the views.

Thanks for the reply. Google doesn't seem to be able to find dukes pass, i also cannot find any information about dukes pass on their site.

Canalsman
08-06-2012, 23:34
Duke's Pass is on the A821 north of Aberfoyle ...

Arnold
08-06-2012, 23:39
I am sorry, I have got totally muddled. dukes pass is wrong area, however it does meet most your other criteria..... am away for weekend but will check when I get home for info. sorry about that.

jetblast787
08-06-2012, 23:41
Ok, thanks. So there isn't any restrictions on use borrowing the keys?

Arnold
09-06-2012, 00:18
keys that I was talking about are for wrong area.

jetblast787
09-06-2012, 00:28
keys that I was talking about are for wrong area.

Oh, ok, I'll wait for your reply for galloway then. thanks

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS