PDA

View Full Version : the duke william matlock

pappajohn
31-07-2007, 19:36
go up church street til you see the duke william pub on the left (uphill)
the entrance is a bit steep. if you have much rear overhang go past and turn round we had both rear corner steadies in the tarmac :( (ouch).
parking is in the c/park at the mo cos of weather but there is a large field to the rear.
toilets and water are available 24hr ?
fee is 3.50 pppn but well worth it for food and good ale.
pics in gallery.

co-ords

N53.13292
W 1.55256

PS forgot to mention the church bells on sunday from around 6.30am.

mandrake
03-08-2007, 17:35
have seen that pub looks quite good we are going to matlock tonight then may stay at monsel head sat night then go to the boot sale at bakewell last time there we managed to pick up a roll of good quality cloth enough to re cover the cushions and make all new curtains for our van all for a tenner

pappajohn
03-08-2007, 18:46
sounds like a bargain to me.
if you stay at the pub watch the turn in as i posted.
if i didnt have corner steadies it would have ripped the rear end apart.
ooops, forgot to mention the church bells on sunday from about 6.30am every 15mins.

john

Neckender
06-09-2007, 18:02
I am new to this site , and just picked up this information on the Duke of William pub, so that is where we are off to this weekend.
Cheers guys

John. (trikerman)

pappajohn
06-09-2007, 21:23
I am new to this site , and just picked up this information on the Duke of William pub, so that is where we are off to this weekend.
Cheers guys

John. (trikerman)

hi john,
cant stress enough about the entrance.very steep on the near side. better to go uphill and turn around. ask at the bar if you can use the carpark as the field dont look too level but you may find a level spot. we used the carpark as due to the floods the field was unusable. (a mud bath :eek: ).
enjoy your weekend.

john.

mandrake
06-09-2007, 21:47
trikerman if you dont get on the pub field try the railway car park in matlock we use it its ok or go into maylock bath railway car park 20p ten pm to eight am thats ok we were there last weekend

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS