PDA

View Full Version : Would you trust this man with your Country ?

vindiboy
11-06-2012, 10:25
Cameron leaves daughter, 8, at pub - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cameron-leaves-daughter-8-pub-055846798.html) :scared::scared::scared:

John H
11-06-2012, 10:37
Let's hope his tendency to lose things extends to the next general election - assuming that we still have a country by then. :lol-053:

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 11:22
Cameron leaves daughter, 8, at pub - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cameron-leaves-daughter-8-pub-055846798.html) :scared::scared::scared:

Seems ironic that this report has come out the same day.

Rise in child neglect worries NSPCC - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rise-child-neglect-worries-nspcc-232654416.html)

Do you think will be investigated?

John H
11-06-2012, 11:50
Seems ironic that this report has come out the same day.

Rise in child neglect worries NSPCC - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rise-child-neglect-worries-nspcc-232654416.html)

Do you think will be investigated?

In my professional career I saw the way Social Services operated at close quarters and was constantly amazed at how their attitude was influenced by the accent, income and occupation of the people being investigated. In short, with the right accent you can get away with almost anything. For example (and I wasn't involved in this case!) I am convinced that if the McCanns had come from the east end of London instead of being GPs they would have been investigated for leaving their children unattended and would have had the other children taken away from them, at least temporarily. Let no-one tell you that there is no longer a class divide in this country.

donkey too
11-06-2012, 11:59
I don't think for one moment it is a case of child neglect. Come on this has happened to lots of people. I know it has happened to me on one occasion. Also he was in a difficult situation not being allowed to travel with his family. They have to travel in seperate cars easy enough to think the partner had the child with them. If there is any blame it must lie with the security people. they should have checked. That's what they are paid to do.

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 12:00
In my professional career I saw the way Social Services operated at close quarters and was constantly amazed at how their attitude was influenced by the accent, income and occupation of the people being investigated. In short, with the right accent you can get away with almost anything. For example (and I wasn't involved in this case!) I am convinced that if the McCanns had come from the east end of London instead of being GPs they would have been investigated for leaving their children unattended and would have had the other children taken away from them, at least temporarily. Let no-one tell you that there is no longer a class divide in this country.

I think you are spot on there John.

chass
11-06-2012, 12:07
Let's hope his tendency to lose things extends to the next general election - assuming that we still have a country by then. :lol-053:

What a short memory you have! The last lot didn't do use any favours if my memory serves me.;)

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 12:13
What a short memory you have! The last lot didn't do use any favours if my memory serves me.;)

This lot will ruin the country and blame everybody else.

The latest excuse.

UK Recovery Being 'Killed Off' By Eurozone | Orange UK (http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/uk_recovery_being_killed_off_by_eurozone)

John H
11-06-2012, 12:13

Don't remember any of them losing their kids! :D

kenjones
11-06-2012, 12:49
After the London riots David Cameron reportedly said that parents should know where their children are at all times.
Is leaving your child in the pub leading by example?

kenspain
11-06-2012, 12:50
I dont think this man could even run a P up in a Brewery :cheers: Saying that i dont think any of then could

Smaug
11-06-2012, 13:33
Just too many young professional politicians. Never done a proper job or run an office/ site/ workshop in their lives. How are they going to know how to deal with people, or how their voters live?

Politicians should be a minumum of 40 years old with industrial or other management experience & a grown up family. Maybe then they will have shown they have the ability to deal with life as we know it & could be trusted to have a decent shot at running the country!

:banana::banana::banana:

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 13:36
Just too many young professional politicians. Never done a proper job or run an office/ site/ workshop in their lives. How are they going to know how to deal with people, or how their voters live?

Politicians should be a minumum of 40 years old with industrial or other management experience & a grown up family. Maybe then they will have shown they have the ability to deal with life as we know it & could be trusted to have a decent shot at running the country!

:banana::banana::banana:

And should never have lost any children!

afl777
11-06-2012, 13:40
Each thought the child was with the other as they were in different cars. Didn't they stand by the cars before they left and check all children were with them?

And of course this isn't quite like Joe Bloggs forgetting a child.....this is a child of Britains Prime Minister who on any day might well be a target of kidnap.

On the news today it was announced that none of the security that were there with them would be punished for her being left behind. What an outragous thing to say. It's the parent's job to look after their child not anyone else's.

Ange

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 13:59
Cams moto.

A Gaff a day helps you work rest and play!

He's not doing to well on or off the field.

I think he should be dropped!

John H
11-06-2012, 14:23
On the news today it was announced that none of the security that were there with them would be punished for her being left behind. What an outragous thing to say. It's the parent's job to look after their child not anyone else's.

Ange

I absolutely agree - I almost exploded when I heard that idiotic statement on the radio. The more I hear, the more it smacks of one law for those with power and a completely different law for the rest. Anyone out there fancy starting our own planet? :D

Firefox
11-06-2012, 18:11
I'm not a Cameron fan by any means , but there is a lot of cheap political point scoring going on here!

Never forget Blair lied to the nation so that Britain got tied up in another man's war... one of the reasons we are in this financial mess.

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 18:21
I'm not a Cameron fan by any means , but there is a lot of cheap political point scoring going on here!

Never forget Blair lied to the nation so that Britain got tied up in another man's war... one of the reasons we are in this financial mess.

They all lie to us firefox.

I just feel this guy is out to make a name for himself to be as well known as Thatcher.

Funky Farmer
11-06-2012, 18:25
And should never have lost any children!
Well I heard and don't tell anyone else this, the kid was trying to run away. She reckoned her dad was ruining her street cred. ( Thinks ... Where have I heard that before?:D)

John H
11-06-2012, 18:58

To put things in perspective - I am certainly no fan of Blair and his war - but the financial mess was due to other reasons. I may score political points, but not cheap ones :)

Firefox
11-06-2012, 19:52
The current financial crisis is due to a number a reasons. Wasting money on other people's wars was just one of them. If you look at the record of UK's financial position in history versus involvement in conflict, we are always in a financial mess after wars.

John H
11-06-2012, 19:56
The current financial crisis is due to a number a reasons. Wasting money on other people's wars was just one of them. If you look at the record of UK's financial position in history versus involvement in conflict, we are always in a financial mess after wars.

I don't disagree with you - its simply a matter of scale. The collapse of the banking system would have landed us in the same mess, irrespective of the wars we engaged in during the time of the last government, therefore I discount the wars as a cause of the mess.

Firefox
11-06-2012, 21:39
The banking meltdown would have landed us in a somewhat lesser mess without war debts, not the same one.

ricc
12-06-2012, 07:14
which ever way you look at it the prime ministers security staff should have been keeping an eye on the brats.

MORGANTHEMOON
12-06-2012, 11:07
which ever way you look at it the prime ministers security staff should have been keeping an eye on the brats.

They were having a pint! or 2!

Funky Farmer
12-06-2012, 12:46
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Funky/aca2a05d.jpg

wild west jack
12-06-2012, 13:49
Didnt thatcher lose her son in the desert doing some dodgy arms deals ? bet that cost us a few bob :p

Cure greed and thirst for power and all the world could relax !...............fat chance !

John H
12-06-2012, 14:15
Didnt thatcher lose her son in the desert doing some dodgy arms deals ? bet that cost us a few bob :p

That settles it, then - Tories 2; Labour 0 (sorry, Firefox, that was a cheap one but I couldn't resist it! :rolleyes2::lol-053:

Somelier
12-06-2012, 17:01
Frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about. A perfectly natural mixup. I've got kids all over the place and have no idea where they are.:p

GeoffB
12-06-2012, 18:11
Cameron is a sad disappointment. As the Telegraph (OK I know that's me categorized!) pointed out, he has a very good first class honours degree from Oxbridge but despite all his big talk, has achieved absolutely nothing positive from any of the international conferences he's been to since taking office. He's also made a stack of promises at home but has wriggled out of actually implementing any of them (Euro referendum, slashing immigration, stopping scroungers, etc). As far as he's concerned becoming PM was the objective, and he's made it - what he actually does while being it is secondary in his mind. Mind you, he'll have us at war in Syria before too long, I'm sure - like Blair, he can't resist using the armed forces to show the world he's a force to be reckoned with. Any British deaths that result are just an inconvenient disadvantage.

Wouldn't give tuppence for any of the front bench team either. Pity David Davis isn't running the show, now there's someone who has plenty of real-life experience and a head well screwed on to his shoulders.

donkey too
12-06-2012, 18:35

And look what he is doing now> Last month he said he was expanding the Terriers. Now today we know why. he is cutting the regular forces. So 1 Saving money. 2. Using teritorials in front line situations. and 3. He is able to say there are less on the dole as when a teritorial soldier is sent on active duty they are taken off the unemployed list.
wait till the BNP get in.:lol-053:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS