chopper
11-06-2012, 14:26
how far south do you need to get really to have
good weather like spain temps
i no its a bit of a long shot but an idea please
july and august time

kenspain
11-06-2012, 14:54
Well sitting by the pool now its 32deg thats 50min drive inland from Alicante so down by the coast could be 35 deg :wave::cheers:

Byronic
11-06-2012, 14:54
How about Spain? You do get Spanish temperatures there most if not all of the time!!

MORGANTHEMOON
11-06-2012, 15:49
Well sitting by the pool now its 32deg thats 50min drive inland from Alicante so down by the coast could be 35 deg :wave::cheers:

Ken you are at it again!

Keep it up and I'll have you banned.

Kath
11-06-2012, 15:50
I have been keeping a watchful eye on the Met Office satellite imagery covering the whole of Europe and feeling very sorry for those motorhome owners who have taken the last couple of weeks holiday in France.
Only the very South Easterly corner of France together with most of Italy and Spain have had great weather.
In a couple of weeks it could all change and be cracking the flags as far North as Normandy, fingers crossed.

kenspain
11-06-2012, 16:47
Ken you are at it again!

Keep it up and I'll have you banned.

Your be the first to know when we get the wet stuff. That will make you happy:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049: Bloody ice melts quick in this heat have to get a bigger bucket can,t have warm beer :wacko:

Talbot
11-06-2012, 17:26
I have been keeping a watchful eye on the Met Office satellite imagery covering the whole of Europe and feeling very sorry for those motorhome owners who have taken the last couple of weeks holiday in France.
Only the very South Easterly corner of France together with most of Italy and Spain have had great weather.
In a couple of weeks it could all change and be cracking the flags as far North as Normandy, fingers crossed.

Don't read too much into weather forecasts. I've just come back from 2 weeks in North Britanny and Normandy and had beautiful weather. We had a huge downpour with thunder one night which cleared the air ready for the next day. Got the tan to prove it. It got cold when we left Normandy and got into Northern France but apart from one night rain referred to, we only had 2 hours of rain around Dunkirk or Bergues to be precise.

ellisboy
11-06-2012, 19:27
Try the Charente Maritime! Second sunniest region in France (after the med) :banana::banana:

charliechan
16-06-2012, 00:33
This region is lovely especially Gastes there is an aires on the shores lake biscarrosse.
It costs between 7-8 euros per night it's quite popular. Its surrounded by ancient forest, with some old species of plant which are very rare. This aires is also bordering a mariner, we met a lovely English teacher (he was French ), he spoke perfect English. His is name is Jean pierre, he took out on his speed boat and showed us around the lake and took us water skiing. It's was fantastic. Well we tried to water ski, managed 30 secs.lol.
This lake is so warm you can swim in it all day, and the water clarity is crystal clear, the bed it a light sand colour. Ps the bread man comes at 8.0. If you can't get on the aires there are quite few other aires around the lake. Have look on google earth. Also dedicated bike routes through forest. You are also quite close to the coast if you fancy a dip, it's quite refreshing. Chilly. ps this lake has some carp

If you want know on some of the other regions give us shout, we've travelled to quite a lot of different areas n,s,w,e and alpes (les saisies, alpe d'huez. They've have reasonable priced aires)
NB most towns have aires although they aren't in the aires books, if you can't find one don't panic. We've stopped supermarkets before. Don't stop on motorway aires. You get turned over. There only 3 motorway aires we stay at.

Walkwithfire
16-06-2012, 07:12
Hi all we will be travelling to Italy San maritino sul fiora, Manciano! Tuscany in August, to stay in an Eco village, and are trying via sat nav to avoid toll roads in France and Italy, we will need to stay at least 2 nights as the journey is around 17 hours 1100 miles, any idea where is safe to stay just outside Paris? We will arrive at Calais and then drive around 4 hours arriving around 4 to 5 pm, then we will drive around 6 hours the following day into Italy,
Love and light...

X my rig is a Conway folding hardtop camper, so not very good at being in stealth mode! What else do I need to know about travelling through Europe?

markin
05-07-2012, 03:00
We're off on the 21st, and the plan is to do the West coast of France, then Andorra, crossing to the Cote D'Azur (Nice, Cannes etc), then Northern Italy and back up through the Fatherland.

I'm pretty sure the weather will be ok everywhere apart from the West coast of France. 2 yrs ago it rained all the way up from Biarritz and right through the Loire Valley, only clearing up when we got to Versailles.

Much as we really want to revisit the West coast all the way down (beaches AND surf) , I get the feeling the weather will steer us straight off the tunnel and down to the Cote as fast as possible, just like it did last year when it rained all the way down to Grenoble.

I'm sure the West coast must get decent weather sometime cos enough people go there, but up to now it's looking pretty grim, so to answer your question, if you want guaranteed good weather, head South my son, the further the better.Good weather on the South coast of France is virtually a given at this time of year.:cool::cheers:

chopper
15-07-2012, 17:14
well i am just past clermont ferrand and its still raining on and off
but aparently the locals say its going to get hot the rest of the week

ellisboy
15-07-2012, 19:23
:banana: Nice one ! Enjoy.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS