PDA

View Full Version : Internet trolling

John H
12-06-2012, 12:58
Good news from the government for a change!

Websites Will Be Forced To Identify Trolls - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/websites-forced-identify-trolls-033754759.html)

Funky Farmer
12-06-2012, 13:18
And not before time either. Perhaps they should start with Yahoo comments section? Some of the post on there are appalling.

fishy & Nina
12-06-2012, 14:31
I agree - it's a step in the right direction but having read the report I can see it being difficult to stop people trolling, we could see the 're-routing' of emails take off (as goes on already, and would the normal person in the street have the wherewithall to actually proceed!
The cynic in me says it will help the wealthy and those who can use 'the system' to their benefit.......
as I said above though - a step in the right direction.

afl777
12-06-2012, 14:56
I wonder if Id be considered too old to be a troll? Ive never been a troll, and it might be exciting :)

Seriously though, I don't know a great deal about tech stuff, but I would imagine that the persistent troll could maybe use ghosting or a dongle registered in a false name and address.

Ange

baloothebear
12-06-2012, 16:37
My pal has had a troll on his case for the last 5 years. It has affected his business and the spineless creep has even made very peculiar and threatening posts to his guests
The worst being to a woman whose daughter was working abroad. The woman never said what country but the little piece of scum found out and then proceeded to frighten the poor lady half to death with worry

So yes, the sooner it becomes Law the better as Feckbook and others have been less than helpful

scenictraveller
12-06-2012, 22:35
can we bring back public hanging of trolls make twitter more intresting.

Makzine
13-06-2012, 08:04
can we bring back public hanging of trolls make twitter more intresting.

Yes please, and then expand it to other scum that way I can bring me knitting, :hammer::hammer::hammer:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS