PDA

View Full Version : Edale

Greytop
14-06-2012, 13:48
Anybody ever wild camped in Edale, saw the post on the car park being allowed by the authorities. Anyone ever camped at the pub there Ramblers Inn, or the railway station?

MORGANTHEMOON
14-06-2012, 13:51
Welcome greytop.

donkey too
14-06-2012, 15:11
looks a nice place and the pub has a motorhome in the car park. why not ask them. Also consider the village hall car park. I aften use small village hall car parks and have never been asked to move on.

DTDog
14-06-2012, 17:42
I'm not sure about Edale, but I'm sure that you can stop overnight here:- Untitled - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/61jF)
Which is only a few miles away from Edale and WHAT A VIEW !!

I live about ten miles away and use the Hathersage, Hope, Edale, Castleton road whenever I need to take the motorbike out for a blast.

Greytop
19-06-2012, 18:11
Just as a follow up to this thread, which I started.
I phoned the pub (Rambler Inn) and they were happy for me to stay in their car park overnight.
However on arriving only spaces free were nowhere near level, we therefore went around the corner to the Railway Station and stayed on their car park. We paid the car park charges as stated on the Pay and Display of 2-50 per 24 hour period and spent a peaceful night there, I really don't mind the sound of trains passing by !!!
Just one point as I stated the Pay and Display stated that it was 2-50 per 24 hour period, however on getting the ticket the ticket stated that the ticket expired at midnight!!! Needless to say we did not pay after after midnight because legally they would have had no case after what was written on the Pay and Display sign!!!
Anyway there was no problem anyway, I am sure that the site does not see a car park attendant from one month to the next.
I can recommend the site as it is a lovely area for walking and chilling out.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS