PDA

View Full Version : Top of Thorpe Bank, Fylingthorpe

Rubbertramp
14-06-2012, 21:15

This shiny new sign has appeared on the larger of the two POI's here. Does anyone recognise the colours? Perhaps the lord of said manor is having a little dig at the site.....or is it my imagination working overtime?
The smaller one down the road belongs to the North Yorks national parks and as yet has no signs

lala
14-06-2012, 21:25
just got back from fylingthorpe last week and we stayed at a great little cl on thorpe bank called croftlands, all hardstanding with fantastic views over the bay, no toilets/showers but only 13 a night well worth the money:D:D sorry not thorpe bank its on church lane

IJenk52
15-06-2012, 07:57
Have a look at The Manor of Fyling Court Leet (http://www.fylingcourtleet.org/) for more details

MORGANTHEMOON
15-06-2012, 08:59

This shiny new sign has appeared on the larger of the two POI's here. Does anyone recognise the colours? Perhaps the lord of said manor is having a little dig at the site.....or is it my imagination working overtime?
The smaller one down the road belongs to the North Yorks national parks and as yet has no signs

That's a pretty one.

I'm considering collecting these.

I could put them all around my garden.

Rubbertramp
15-06-2012, 10:20
That's a pretty one.

I'm considering collecting these.

I could put them all around my garden.

.....and be sure to manure well and talk to them a lot.......or maybe both;)

sagart
15-06-2012, 13:44
Court Leets lost their powers in, I believe, the 70's except for one in Nottinghamshire which my father was involved with at one stage.
THeir existing power is only over their members and they have no power to institute criminal proceedings against anyone.
They can only act under civil law so the notice is really without point

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS