PDA

View Full Version : Cl type sites

kingfisher1
16-06-2012, 08:42
I,m off to france on saturday and planning a trip down to annecy taking our time and exploring on the way
Then i hope to book in to a site for 4 nights before we take a slow drive home,the sites i seem to find are all large and we would prefer a small cl type preferably with a swimming pool .does anyone no if sites like this exsist and where would i start in looking?

John Thompson
16-06-2012, 11:09
I,m off to france on saturday and planning a trip down to annecy taking our time and exploring on the way
Then i hope to book in to a site for 4 nights before we take a slow drive home,the sites i seem to find are all large and we would prefer a small cl type preferably with a swimming pool .does anyone no if sites like this exsist and where would i start in looking?

CL type sites are a peculiarly British thing, dictated by the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.

Abroard they have Commercial or Municipal caravan sites. These sites have facilities such as showers, Toilets and things like pools.

The Aires system is for self contained Motorhomes only (no Caravans), to stay for a period from 24 hours or more according to local limitations. Some aires are free other do have a charge. Some Aires have bournes for Water and black waste dumping, some other villages provide bournes but not an Aire. Some bournes are free but most take tokens (jettons) for the supply of drinking water, obtainable from local shops or the Marie (Town Hall). You can buy books in the UK or France that list the Aires.

France Passion is a system where become a member and you can park at a farm, vinyard etc. Do not expect any facilities at these stops as they do not make a charge.

If there is no contrary signage you can wild park in suitable locations in France.

John

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS