PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready for our big trip!

bob72
18-06-2012, 19:02
Two weeks left in work, then another two or so sorting things out and we are off!!

Current plan is 6months or so on the road. Sods law the vans clutch packed in yesterday but at least it happened before we left.

We are building a site you can follow if interested its at Wandering Europe (http://www.wanderingeurope.co.uk) and has a few posts on there about our van.

We will be updating it as we go! I'm both excited and scared (never quit a well paying job without going straight to another before)

rab13
18-06-2012, 19:09
good luck to you,it will be a blast:D

n brown
18-06-2012, 19:18
have agreat time,you're doing the right thing at the right time and you know it,sod the job.luck to you and L

Deleted user 21925
18-06-2012, 19:20
Lovely van. Good luck with your trip

ellisboy
18-06-2012, 20:16
Nice one Bob! good luck and have :fun:,I'll be following your blog avidly as it's something we plan on doing next year,once the van is finished :banana:

bigjimdsmith
18-06-2012, 22:24
Have a good time. The camper looks great and comfortable, bon voyage

fishy & Nina
19-06-2012, 08:45
Have a good one!

Any idea where you are headed? or will it be a point and go trip?

christine
19-06-2012, 08:50
Will read with interest. Thanks.

bob72
19-06-2012, 11:06
We have a vague route planned which we should have on the site in the next few days.

Basically we are heading north first to Scandinavia then down towards Bulgaria.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lots of stuff will be added to the site soon. Past trips is going online today or tomorrow hopefully plus the route.

We are both excited now!

chas17
19-06-2012, 11:27
We have a vague route planned which we should have on the site in the next few days.

Basically we are heading north first to Scandinavia then down towards Bulgaria.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lots of stuff will be added to the site soon. Past trips is going online today or tomorrow hopefully plus the route.

We are both excited now!

6 months sounds great. We are starting our more modest 5/6 weeks in Norway/Sweden mid July. We are leaving 15 July then up through Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark crossing into Norway about 21/22 July. Really looking forward to it - and we have told the dog she will enjoy it.

bob72
19-06-2012, 12:10
6 months sounds great. We are starting our more modest 5/6 weeks in Norway/Sweden mid July. We are leaving 15 July then up through Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark crossing into Norway about 21/22 July. Really looking forward to it - and we have told the dog she will enjoy it.

We may well bump into you then! That's pretty much the route we are following. Pretty much the same date too if all goes to plan

Lee
19-06-2012, 12:28
We willbe following your blog with interest - that is what we plan to do next year when herself finally retires. her plan is finish work, have a big retirement party on Saturday and leave the country on Monday!! If only the Government had not moved the retirement goalpost we could be away now...

fishy & Nina
19-06-2012, 12:58
We made a similar trip 3 years ago - absolutely fantastic!

If i may make a suggestion for your outward journey - When you get to the German / Danish border stop off in Suderlugum and stock up on all essentials. There is a Llidls - need I say more?

There is also a Spellplatz at the leisure centre (no facilities), and also a Motorhome Dealership - Krone Camping, where we were able to fill up with water etc for a modest cost (We also stopped here on our return journey just so that our wallets could feel liberated and the fridge be filled!).

We then travelled across the islands of Denmark stopping o/n at some of the spots in the Nordic Camper Guide. On into Sweden, up through Finland, a visit to see Father Christmas in Rovaniemi (very strange to here Christmas music in May). Onwards and upwards to Kirkenes with a quick trip out to the Russian border post. Across the top and up to Norkapp - not cheap buut it's done now.............

Then the trip southwards via the Lofoten Islands and lots of fjords etc until crossing back into Denmark (Jutland) via the ferry from Kristiansand.

etc etc 10,000 miles all told and a brilliant experience. We didn't stay on any sites (mind you nothing really opens until June anyway!) and stopped in some beautiful places.

We envy you going and hope to go again in the not too distant future - we will be watching your blog with interest.

ian & nina:have fun:

John H
19-06-2012, 13:42
Have a great trip - I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Just one thing - a six month trip will take you up to the end of December and it can be very cold in winter in Bulgaria and all points between there and here, with mountain passes blocked by snow, so you will probably need to plan a route back that avoids the high Alps. I would recommend, at this time of year, heading across northern Italy, hugging the coast (the area around Genoa can be surprisingly warm when everywhere else is cold) and then head north from the French coast in Provence, via either Cleremont Ferrand or Lyon but not further east. That way you avoid the real high stuff. Happy travels :wave:

afl777
19-06-2012, 14:24
Have a great time :)

Ange

bob72
19-06-2012, 14:58
Good tips thanks! I think in December we will be heading to somewhere warm, maybe Greece. Still planning that.

markymo
19-06-2012, 15:14
Have a great trip look forward to reading about your adventures

lotty
19-06-2012, 15:39
Have a fantastic trip. I'm worried about going France for 2 weeks, goodness knows what my nerves would be like for a 6 month trip!
Enjoy
Lotty

jennyp19
19-06-2012, 19:41
If Luxembourg isn't too far off your route, its worth filling up with Derv (& a few containers), as its only 1.19 E a litre.

bob72
29-07-2012, 15:48
We did it. We are now on the road and having a great time. Currently in the Center of copenhagen.

Heading to Sweden in the next few days.

Will be updating the blog soon with lots of info on wilding in Denmark, it's sooo easy and really uncrowded. Highly recommend it!

Wandering Europe (http://www.wanderingeurope.co.uk)

ellisboy
29-07-2012, 16:53
:fun:

n brown
29-07-2012, 17:19
.glad to see you having it so good,full of envy but glad you both have the bottle to do what you want to do,all best wishes from us pair,and don't send a postcard unless there's a ticket attached !

bob72
03-08-2012, 15:47
.glad to see you having it so good,full of envy but glad you both have the bottle to do what you want to do,all best wishes from us pair,and don't send a postcard unless there's a ticket attached !

Ticket for what? The olympics :lol-053:

Now in Sweden and heading north......

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS