PDA

View Full Version : Annual summer visit - Germany

zipnolan
20-06-2012, 09:07
well we're off this Saturday for our Summer visit to Germany, 1st to the beautiful Eifel area (near Lux/Bel border) then 2 stops on the Mosel (wine region) finishing off at the historic town of Monschau (near Belgium border) ready for our trip home, no doubt loaded with German beer/coffee/food/wine. Its a route that we've done many times and would recommend to anyone. The Euro is a better rate (I got 1:21E) and the forcast is sunny with some showers (mostly at night I hope). Please keep that wheel turning till we get back.

aufwiedersehn.

fishy & Nina
20-06-2012, 09:09
:have fun:

suej
20-06-2012, 11:55
Wishing you a great time and safe travels. Love the Mosel region and am envious

Sue :)

MORGANTHEMOON
20-06-2012, 12:12
well we're off this Saturday for our Summer visit to Germany, 1st to the beautiful Eifel area (near Lux/Bel border) then 2 stops on the Mosel (wine region) finishing off at the historic town of Monschau (near Belgium border) ready for our trip home, no doubt loaded with German beer/coffee/food/wine. Its a route that we've done many times and would recommend to anyone. The Euro is a better rate (I got 1:21E) and the forcast is sunny with some showers (mostly at night I hope). Please keep that wheel turning till we get back.

aufwiedersehn.

Enjoy your holiday Zipolan.

How do you find the Germans in that area?

We only visited Germany once when my daughter played hockey for Wales in Hamburg, I did not find the Germans very friendly and not very helpful either.

It's put us of revisiting but the area you are going to looks really nice.

mrbadger
20-06-2012, 12:39
Hope you have a great time.. I served in Germany for 5 years and loved every minute. Have been back several times and always found the Germans to be warm, open and friendly. Germany is the best kept tourist secret in the world!!

vindiboy
20-06-2012, 12:53

aufwiedersehn.

Hi and have fun , sounds great, just a word of warning ,the French have set limits on the amount of alcohol you can bring into France from another Country, wouldn't like to see them confiscate your stash, :mad2::mad2:

Teutone
20-06-2012, 13:35
Enjoy your holiday Zipolan.

How do you find the Germans in that area?

We only visited Germany once when my daughter played hockey for Wales in Hamburg, I did not find the Germans very friendly and not very helpful either.

It's put us of revisiting but the area you are going to looks really nice.

Just avoid the nooorfff. The further south you go, the better it gets!

zipnolan
20-06-2012, 16:07
Never ever had a problem with the Germans, always found them polite and friendly, as a German speaker I don't always let on and over the last 30 years I've never heard them slagging us off, they always get a bad press especially from the newspapers, nice country, nice people, nice food and very, very nice beer ! it's heaven and I'm pushed to find somewhere nicer.
As for the iimporting of goods via France not a problem - we're going via Rotterdam Holland and not going to France this time ................ see ya suckers !!!!

Alf Hookham
20-06-2012, 20:36
Please take some piccys, we are off on more or less the same route soon!!

David & Ann
21-06-2012, 12:02
Never ever had a problem with the Germans, always found them polite and friendly, as a German speaker I don't always let on and over the last 30 years I've never heard them slagging us off, they always get a bad press especially from the newspapers, nice country, nice people, nice food and very, very nice beer ! it's heaven and I'm pushed to find somewhere nicer.
As for the iimporting of goods via France not a problem - we're going via Rotterdam Holland and not going to France this time ................ see ya suckers !!!!

My humble Thanks for your support. Have a wonderful trip, especially along the Mosel.

bob2273
21-06-2012, 12:44
for two weeks17th

aufwiedersehn.

Hi zipnolan Would you give me the names of the two stops on the Mosel i am going out to try it 17th july bob2273

David & Ann
21-06-2012, 13:18
Hi Bob, I am sure Zipnolan will be along to give you the info: you require. If down that way, there is a main kind of road running along the Mosel from the TRIER end all the way to LUXEMBOURG. A lot of campsites enroute and also a lot of pull off points if you do not want to stay on a site. Great scenery and a lot of fun. Try the Mosel town on the Lux: side called REMICH. Free parking in a proper car park with toilet and water facilities along the promenade end of the car
park. Have fun.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS