24-06-2012, 18:44
Flag at the ready, couple of beers too, time for the footie.........:banana:

Forgot to mention, I have flag at half mast, in anticipation :scared:

Tco
24-06-2012, 18:47
I'll bet its upside down too!

lotty
24-06-2012, 20:19
We've got our George cross on the bonnet of the van while the footie is on. Typical Brit abroad, :lol-053:

vindiboy
24-06-2012, 20:25
I just do not understand all this hype over Football, my missing Gene I suppose, any one else not bothered ?:cheers:

vwalan
24-06-2012, 20:31
hi .we need a new stadium for football .it can have a big glass roof split in two halves ..we can have the band playing the dancing girls etc .the footballers walk on the pitch .the big open top glass roof is open .it starts to close .
the crowd sing the band plays and just as the roof meets in the middle if you listen carefully you can hear ,,,,hiisss all of a sudden they are all dead . quick clean up .gotta get it ready for tomorrow there is another game .
somehow i think it might latch on in lots of countries .or are we about to have world war three .hee hee .

runnach
24-06-2012, 20:34
UH-OH.................extra frikkin time :sad:

n brown
24-06-2012, 20:46
football to me was standing in the freezing cold drizzle in utter abject misery while the more agile kids held onto the ball never giving anyone else a chance,except for the occasional wet muddy ball in the face to make your life complete. i hated it so much i looked in the rules to see if it was legally mandatory and found that if i wanted to play rugby they had to let me,so for a whole year i was the school rugby team and spent many a happy games period in the boiler room having a fag and a cup of tea with the caretaker.my wife is unfortunately from scouserland and insists on watching it,i can't seem to knock it out of her,so i'm now sat here while she's speculating on whether some blokes who get loads of money for kicking a ball about are going to have a 'penalty boot out' or something like that.yawn

vwalan
24-06-2012, 20:52
now i know where your skills have come from and your attitude . i used to spend time sciving with caretakers etc . its amazing they put there hands to any of the problems . i mean just the running of the school .boilers plumbing woodwork .you name it they do it . reading your bits of info of travelling around spain and portugal how we havent met is beyond me .or have we?

runnach
24-06-2012, 20:57
I imagine more fun can be had prodding road kill with a stick :tongue:

Teffy
24-06-2012, 21:03
Watching England play is never a pleasure.

vindiboy
24-06-2012, 21:04
We had sports EEEK at school weekly and had to walk a mile to the playing fields, I enjoyed that bit, I deliberately forgot to take my Football Boots to School each week so never got to play, I had to walk round the playing fields litter picking as punishment, The dipstick games master never caught on that that was what I preferred doing.In those days we were never counted in and out so often I would just disappear off home ,In those days studs were hammered into the base off the boots with a hammer, remember that ?:lol-053::lol-053:

n brown
24-06-2012, 21:12
now i know where your skills have come from and your attitude . i used to spend time sciving with caretakers etc . its amazing they put there hands to any of the problems . i mean just the running of the school .boilers plumbing woodwork .you name it they do it . reading your bits of info of travelling around spain and portugal how we havent met is beyond me .or have we?

i must have been ducking when you were diving

runnach
24-06-2012, 21:15
UH-OH...............penalties :scared:

Thats them :shag: now ;)

n brown
24-06-2012, 21:16
We had sports EEEK at school weekly and had to walk a mile to the playing fields, I enjoyed that bit, I deliberately forgot to take my Football Boots to School each week so never got to play, I had to walk round the playing fields litter picking as punishment, The dipstick games master never caught on that that was what I preferred doing.In those days we were never counted in and out so often I would just disappear off home ,In those days studs were hammered into the base off the boots with a hammer, remember that ?:lol-053::lol-053:

i was quite small and could hide behind the coats in the changing room,as soon as they'd all left, i'd piss off home.feeling great

scenictraveller
24-06-2012, 21:16
theyre on pens and no sheep in site............ bugger

Teffy
24-06-2012, 21:17
I think it's all a fix. I said that's what would happen because they think it's good entertainment. Don't believe a word of it. Italy should have won hours ago, they were the better team.

runnach
24-06-2012, 21:25
Oh well, game over......shame!!

rach82
24-06-2012, 21:26
I just do not understand all this hype over Football, my missing Gene I suppose, any one else not bothered ?:cheers:

I am not bothered;)

And it's not because I am a girl:blah:I used to be really into football when I was a kid, but as I got older I grew out of it. Mick is not into football at all so when I met him it wavered off....

vwalan
24-06-2012, 21:27
i hated all football ,rugby .tennis .the only bit i liked was swimming .i never swam for the school as i got so much grief about the other sports i refused . i really was a proper pest when i was young . somethings never change . hee hee.

Teffy
24-06-2012, 21:29
Oh well, game over......shame!!

What did you expect?

runnach
24-06-2012, 21:34
I was hoping a win for England.

ellisboy
24-06-2012, 21:35
Same old England !:rolleyes:

vwalan
24-06-2012, 21:40
as there been some sort of a game then . ?

vwalan
24-06-2012, 21:43
be ok in november thats when summer starts .just catch that boat to spain mmmmm luvely

runnach
24-06-2012, 21:47
A russian prosi behind goal would been of benefit to Rooney to knock one in, up, over, off the woodwork :lol-053:

scampa
24-06-2012, 22:00
I reckon you could select any eleven members from this forum at random, promise them the same salary as the England squad if they were prepared to put in a couple of hours training each week, then watch us come home with a better result next time!! :):):)

vwalan
24-06-2012, 22:04
i take it there as been a kick around .best find a football forum to talk about it . we arent intersted . this is wild camping not wild football. hee hee . :mad1::hammer::have fun::mad1:

runnach
24-06-2012, 22:13
I'm with you, Alan. We share a love in the healthy pursuit of Wimmin :wave:

Firefox
25-06-2012, 01:33
Just think, you can now forget about footie for a month till the olympics, when it will be plastered all over our screens again... and then the regular season starts once more :sleep-027:

ellisboy
25-06-2012, 06:45
Just think, you can now forget about footie for a month till the olympics, when it will be plastered all over our screens again... and then the regular season starts once more :sleep-027:

:banana::banana::cool1:

Bigpeetee
25-06-2012, 08:26
Flag at the ready, couple of beers too, time for the footie.........:banana:

Forgot to mention, I have flag at half mast, in anticipation :scared:

Why the Union Flag for England?? It's not owned by England as some would suppose!!

TCO, most people don't know the right way up!!, in the last couple of jollification efforts , the Queen's jubilee and the Olympic torch, loads of business and private properties had the union flag upside down, a sign of distress!! A local holiday park (camp) had some 30 flag poles all flying the flag inverted, when I called the MD and explained that it probably meant it reflected his business, he almost had a heart attack (or that's what it sounded like!), within an hour, they were all the right way.

Footie, rugby etc I can't stand, I've always hated from an early age team sports, I used to do time trial cycling, but that was me against the clock. Mind you, this has stayed with me all my life, I like to rely on myself and no one else!!

Sadly we live in a country where the TV channels are sport obsessed, despite the fact that we've now got umpteen digital channels, where sport could go, all the programming schedules are arranged around sport. A 90 minute match takes over three hours, why??? Do people really need to know every last detail of each of the team members or afterwards what they should, or shouldn't have done by some over paid pundits?.

At least it's over for England, and with it some of the hysteria, after all Wimbledon starts today, Murray out in the first match???

vindiboy
25-06-2012, 10:07
I know next to nothing about Football and all other Sports ?? for that matter but I do know that kicking penalties at a goal to decide major results is madness in extreme, :confused::confused:

John H
25-06-2012, 10:34
loads of business and private properties had the union flag upside down, a sign of distress!!

Making a political statement perhaps? ;)

Bigpeetee
25-06-2012, 10:48
Making a political statement perhaps? ;)

They're not that bright John, you give them too much credit!!

Sadly, many people who claim to be patriotic are very likely to not understand the basics of Democracy, Royalty or even what patriotic means!!

Note,, I said many, not all!!

Firefox
25-06-2012, 11:21
I've never been much of a watcher, but I've played them all, some to reasonable standard. My dad was a football referee at local league level but his enthusiasm never really rubbed off on me.

bopper
25-06-2012, 11:47
I got myself out of playing games and PE at school by writing school plays and reviews. I had special dispensation to take the time out to write and rehearse these plays and reviews.
Today I have a hatred for football which goes beyond all other sports; why? you may ask.
When football was played on a Saturday afternoon and there was one cup, I was happy with that, I just went out!
Now it is seven days a week, there is a Bloggs and Company cup, a Jones.com cup, an FA cup and England cup, a league cup, a world cup and so on. Even a cup winners cup for christ's sake. Full grown men on the one hand act like children over it, on another hand they behave like animals.
Wives get battered if the team loses, innocent people get caught up in their fighting and so on.
Television drops everything for it and pays huge sums for the rights to show it at the cost of cutting decent programmes and budgets.
But the worst thing for me is being told that EVERYONE likes it. Statements made like "We were all disappointed that we lost ......." We ALL hope that the England team.... Etc; Even the weather forecaster will come up with "The weather should be good for the match at..... etc;
We don't ALL like it but what are we told? The same thing we are always told by people with power and the need to have their own way "The majority wants it" .... How do they substantiate this? by asking a few like minded people and knowing what the outcome will be.

Firefox
25-06-2012, 12:43
To be fair football is the biggest sport in terms of interest and spectator numbers. Out of those who watch sport, football is the majority sport. You don't need to ask anyone, just look at the numbers going to watch football matches on a regular basis compared with say tennis, rugby, cricket or any other sport you care to mention.

The problem with football is that it has become wall to wall with almost all year coverage. There's been a proliferation of competitions, and it's also a very tribal (Hence "we"), as well as attracting a fair number of meatheads, nominally as fans but their real motive is causing trouble.

So although it carries a fair amount of baggage with it, it's difficult to argue it isn't the majority sport in the UK.

bopper
25-06-2012, 16:14
To be fair football is the biggest sport in terms of interest and spectator numbers. Out of those who watch sport, football is the majority sport. You don't need to ask anyone, just look at the numbers going to watch football matches on a regular basis compared with say tennis, rugby, cricket or any other sport you care to mention.

The problem with football is that it has become wall to wall with almost all year coverage. There's been a proliferation of competitions, and it's also a very tribal (Hence "we"), as well as attracting a fair number of meatheads, nominally as fans but their real motive is causing trouble.

So although it carries a fair amount of baggage with it, it's difficult to argue it isn't the majority sport in the UK.

Sorry to disagree. Motor sport has the greatest numbers of fans and the greatest turnout (Rallying).

Firefox
25-06-2012, 16:39
According to this page:

United Kingdom (UK) - Leisure, Entertainment and Sports | ExpatFocus.com (http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-uk-leisure-entertainment)

and this one

Racing is the second biggest spectator sport: Horse Racing - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/6990498/Racing-is-the-second-biggest-spectator-sport-Horse-Racing.html)

and this one

Sport in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_the_United_Kingdom)

football is the most popular spectator sport. I guess one has to take account of attendance at live events and TV figures over the whole year. Probably for a huge individual motorsport event like the Isle of Man TT there may be more live spectators than one single football event, but the number of football events and the overall TV coverage makes football the winner.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS