PDA

View Full Version : Hawes

Amethyst
28-06-2012, 18:45
Hawes village is a problem for wilding.

When we were last there (in a cottage) we met some motorhome owners in the pub, who were stopping at a small like cl or cs type spot walking distance away.

Anyone know the name or where it is please?

regards

Rob

lotusanne
28-06-2012, 21:22
Dont know about the CL but we stayed at Semer water recently which is a few miles from Hawes. Its a beautiful lake and you can camp right on the lake shore. The farmer who owns the land charges about 5 a night depneding on the size of your vam (mine is a SWB Transit) No facilities atall ... apart from stunning views a loads of birds!

Ste
28-06-2012, 21:46
I know of 3 sites in Hawes, caravan club site next to the river, Honeycott on the Ribblehead road, but I think the little one you want is behind the cattle market (ish), which according to Google is called Bainbridge Ings.

Although if it were me, I'd have a look at the industrial estate, and just park on street.

rach82
28-06-2012, 22:00
If you go from Hawes to Mucker, its a really nice quiet road and I am sure you could wild camp there, we havent done it as found it the next morning!!

Amethyst
29-06-2012, 06:56
Thanks for ideas but it was to have an evening in Hawes itself (or the pubs anyway) that we were

after something local

Rob

Somelier
29-06-2012, 08:15
There's a pub in Hardraw, which is an easy walk from Hawes, which allows motorhomes in their car park.

Hawes is a lovely village on the River Usk

http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/landscape/hawes_waterfall.jpg

Russtic
29-06-2012, 11:16
A word of warning about Semer Water, we had to move the van last time we went as it rained and the water rose 3 feet!! Brilliant spot though.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS