PDA

View Full Version : Dorset / Bournemouth

robjk
28-06-2012, 20:29
Away this week in the Bournemouth area and wilding has been a bit of a nightmare I have spent 3 nights in Avon country park lorry park (from poi ) other poi interest I have tried are no go areas now.

About 20min after pulling into a car park (lake drive Poole) a car pulled up behind me and took photo,s of the van and when I spoke to a local fisherman he told me it was 1 of the locals who would be back at night to take more if I was still there
Both of locations below have no overnight sleeping and no cooking signs. and all the car parks that I have seen this week have the same.

Rob

50.721936,-1.825404 - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/7Rli)

Lake Dr, Poole, UK - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/WFKB)

BambiOwner
29-06-2012, 06:26
It is getting to be a problem every where and I think that the main cause is that instead of staying one or maybe two nights people stay for a week or even two weeks in the same place, leave a mess and make the place very untidy. Some years ago we used to go to Shell Bay just by the chain ferry at Poole we would arrive Friday evening and leave on Sunday morning but that was all stopped because people used to stay there for 6 months in motorhomes and caravans we were there one night and there was a big fight between two caravan owners about what I do not know but the police were called and they were taken away. Shell Bay used to be a great place but once again it was spoiled by idiots who think that they can do what they want and ruin every thing for others

Dezi
29-06-2012, 06:35
Hi, I live just round the corner from the first spot indicated.

I have mentioned in the past that you can park here free all day,every day with no restriction on time.

So I really do not see a problem in the evening going elsewhere to park up at night.

It is individuals spending days on end here & refusing to move that creates resentment.

Dezi :pc:

Canalsman
29-06-2012, 19:06
Away this week in the Bournemouth area and wilding has been a bit of a nightmare I have spent 3 nights in Avon country park lorry park (from poi ) other poi interest I have tried are no go areas now.

About 20min after pulling into a car park (lake drive Poole) a car pulled up behind me and took photo,s of the van and when I spoke to a local fisherman he told me it was 1 of the locals who would be back at night to take more if I was still there
Both of locations below have no overnight sleeping and no cooking signs. and all the car parks that I have seen this week have the same.

Rob

50.721936,-1.825404 - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/7Rli)

Lake Dr, Poole, UK - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/WFKB)

I have removed these spots from the POIs - thanks :)

Chris

canalwheeler
29-06-2012, 19:15
About 20min after pulling into a car park (lake drive Poole) a car pulled up behind me and took photo,s of the van

Did you take photos of his car. I would have done.

Tone

robjk
29-06-2012, 19:19
Did you take photos of his car. I would have done.

Tone

No I did not as he had gone before realised what he had been doing :mad1::mad1:

Wind Dancer
30-06-2012, 08:13

Other than trying to intimidate, I don't believe they can take action against anyone on the basis of a photo like that. Certainly our CC wouldn't, or in their words 'couldn't'.

Vanterrier
31-08-2012, 14:26
Maybe he was a motorhome spotter :) ... ooohhhh look, an IH ! dont see many of them about - "Tick" and "Click" a photo for my album...

K ;)

Dezi
31-08-2012, 15:22
Hi, Bournemouth Air festival is on at the moment ( I live directly under the flight paths. )

I spoke to a couple of motorhomers last night who had been all day day at the spot I mention above 50.721936,-1.825404

and intend to return each day of the festival, arriving at 7.30 & leaving around 9.30.

No problems at all because they do not stop over night.

Dezi :pc:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS