PDA

View Full Version : South of Oban Easdale

cowanhouse
12-08-2007, 16:52
hi leave Oban on the Lochgilphead road A816 travel 8miles south approx. turn right on the B844 Easdale Road
go over Atlantic Bridge keep going into Easdale when you come to harbour turn right following signs for free parking car park is part of old quarry right on sea front, locals use this for parking caravans, lorries etc on. Signs are there no parking but no one bothered. Spent a night there locals came and went no trouble great location.

jenspen
09-11-2007, 21:49
Hiya stayed at Easdale for a couple of nights in July. We were going to stay on the harbour car park but too windy so parked near new community hall no bother also parking down near beach on the left before you get to the village. Friendly motorhome owner even allowed us to fill up our water from his outside tap. Jen

christine
15-11-2007, 21:26
We've stayed in the disused quarry at Ellenabech, (Seil) just before the village hall. Great place with access to the shingle beach and fresh water from the streams. It was excellent for our inflateable, meant we could visit Easedale on our own.

kalamitty
24-05-2009, 20:39
i've just returned frome easdale you can park behind the art and crafts shop on the large carpark for a small charge ( he gets charged by the council for the rates 5000pa.) it was only 8 for the night.:)

bob690
24-05-2009, 23:09
Have stayed here many times, excellent spot for viewing otters, and wild mink. Good mackarel spot too....Bob

Yogihughes
25-05-2009, 11:20
I went there to have a look round but I thought it was a bit much to pay to park overnight.
I just drove back up the road a bit and wildcamped well out of the way of others.

PaulC
25-05-2009, 19:06
i've just returned frome easdale you can park behind the art and crafts shop is that the same artist who used to be regular in The Sunday Post? Because when I was there in the 80s it was a bit weird! I think there a another gallery at Luss, Loch Lomond.

champstar
05-04-2010, 19:16
Spent 2 nights on the car park at Easdale.. can conrifm that there is a no camping sign on the grass down the bottom of the car park. Spoke to a local and he said the guy in the last house complains but the parking is no enforced...just dont go right to the bottom where the sign is as I think it blocks the guys view. on our last night 4 vans in the car park. We did spend money in the village and made it known we were parked up. The locals were all very friendly...dont waste 8 for that greedy git park for free and use the spare cash to support the locals. Do go on the ferry across to Easdale island..the food is very good in the Puffer bar and very friendly staff.

veletron
02-06-2010, 12:28
Hi

We were there last September, parked in the free car park, no trouble at all, and the local pub is close-by and excellent, and the locals very friendly.

There's some pics here:Weekend Break Around Oban (20-22/11/09) (http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15577)

The car park can be seen in this pic: Easdale (http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15630) (our van bottom right).

Nigel

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS