PDA

View Full Version : Keswick Rugby Club

wildwannabes
04-07-2012, 14:41
Just confirmed with Keswick Rugby Club that the committee is not keen on overnight stops in their back carpark as per the POI. Even though I was offering to be very discreet and spend money in the club and explained we are doing a charity cycle ride for the NSPCC, they explained that the council has been clamping down on overnight vehicles.

They suggested paying for the council carpark at the front of the club instead.

Im happy to pay for parking for the 11hours...but does anyone have an update on whether we can sleep in the carpark overnight safely?

suej
04-07-2012, 14:51
We have overnighted in the carpark near the theatre in Keswick, by the lake.. it's about 3yrs ago now so don't know if it's still permitted. We had no problems there. See this link Keswick Parking - Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages - Parkopedia (http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/keswick/) the carpark I am on about is no6
Good luck to the guys doing the cycle ride.. my son did it a couple of years ago and we shadowed them in our van

Sue:)

wildwannabes
04-07-2012, 14:58
Thanks very much for the info Sue. Keswick has been a total headache...So expensive and awkward. I'm not even quite sure how I got the job of organising the trip!

bethatthehug
04-07-2012, 15:29
The theatre car park is a well known and tolerated place for motorhome and campervans. Alternative is the old dead end road to Portinscale: google (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=portinscale&hl=en&ll=54.605141,-3.154857&spn=0.004965,0.010686&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.379125,21.884766&t=h&hnear=Portinscale,+Cumbria,+United+Kingdom&z=17) - often used in the day by coaches and usually at least another 'van or two overnight whenever I've stayed there.

marydot
04-07-2012, 15:54
We used the Portinscale one earlier this year no problem. There were about 6 vans overnighting, although you need to get there early to be sure.

Marydot

Ste
04-07-2012, 16:10
Have you tried the top car park at Threlkeld? It'll be 10 years since I've been there, but I always remember the odd tent nearby as its right on the moor edge.

Had too check the map, but its right at the end of Blease Rd, above the Blencathra Centre (54.621158,-3.081998 on GM). No idea about signage etc.. but if anyone is passing maybe they could check it out.

And for Threlkeld, just cycle up St Johns Vale, instead of heading for Keswick

Canalsman
04-07-2012, 19:15
Just confirmed with Keswick Rugby Club that the committee is not keen on overnight stops in their back carpark as per the POI. Even though I was offering to be very discreet and spend money in the club and explained we are doing a charity cycle ride for the NSPCC, they explained that the council has been clamping down on overnight vehicles.

Thanks for the info - I've removed it from the POIs :(

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS