PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 14:17
Well i've never seen so much rain, i had a list of jobs to do this afternoon after work, all of them are outside :scared:, i'm now snuggled up in mi blanket and watchin the woman in black, what is everyone else doing?

maingate
06-07-2012, 14:20
Minding my own business. :mad1:

You should try it. :lol-049:

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 14:22
Minding my own business. :mad1:

You should try it. :lol-049:

:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

oldish hippy
06-07-2012, 14:32
wombling through the forum havent been out again not raining here at moment

kangooroo
06-07-2012, 14:33
Contemplating getting drenched by walking into town to see the floods....

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 15:33
Contemplating getting drenched by walking into town to see the floods....

Where are the floods kango?

Millie
06-07-2012, 15:36
I've had my Grandson today so we went to 'Tots and Tunes' this morning and had a lovely sing song - then we went to the park. The weather down here isn't too bad today. Hopefully it will be OK for the weekend as we have two big festivals going on in the town. Saturday is a festival for young people then Sunday is the multicultural Mela so I've got a busy weekend working coming up.

You are brave Kim watching Women in Black. My Daughter's seen it several times and loves it but I'm far too scared to watch. :scared:

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 15:48
I've had my Grandson today so we went to 'Tots and Tunes' this morning and had a lovely sing song - then we went to the park. The weather down here isn't too bad today. Hopefully it will be OK for the weekend as we have two big festivals going on in the town. Saturday is a festival for young people then Sunday is the multicultural Mela so I've got a busy weekend working coming up.

You are brave Kim watching Women in Black. My Daughter's seen it several times and loves it but I'm far too scared to watch. :scared:

sounds like you've had a lovely day Millie, i'm glad you don't have the rain, i hope it keeps away for you for the weekend

Yeah its proper scary, i've turned it off, going to watch it round my friends later, too scared on my own lol

ricc
06-07-2012, 16:00
had a day pottering at home, though it was overcast this morning it was quite warm, managed to get the last of the gooseberries picked, it turned noticeably cooler lunch time with a bit of thunder and a couple of heavy showers this afternoon.. so ive topped and tailed the gooseberries and bagged them for the freezer.

grumpyengraver
06-07-2012, 16:01
Well i've never seen so much rain, i had a list of jobs to do this afternoon after work, all of them are outside :scared:, i'm now snuggled up in mi blanket and watchin the woman in black, what is everyone else doing?

Swimming :have fun::lol-049:this is me doing the back stroke.

Tony

MATS
06-07-2012, 16:03
Murray leads 1 set up, 2nd set 4 games to 3

just in case some of you not getting a tv signal

guess what I am doing then...

kenspain
06-07-2012, 16:04
Loading the motor for of to Portugal Saturday and then a dip in the pool only 27deg today :cool: :lol-053::lol-053:

runnach
06-07-2012, 16:05
Completed three day first day course this afternoon, home at 16.30, now pondering to head west, maybe just beyond Calendar, Oban area tomorrow???

This area seem the better option for this weekend.

n brown
06-07-2012, 16:13
looking after the grandkid,long day in the rain,took her duck feeding to the park and caught a duck for her to pat on the head as usual.came home and made chili bean puffs for tomorrow but got stuck into them as soon as they came out.oh dear,supposed to cook sos and mash for everyone tonite but strangely un-hungry. i blame the alluring slab of coconut cake i had after the puffs

runnach
06-07-2012, 16:27
This some kind of special powers you have then ???
Completed 3 day course first day course this afternoon ????
Now you getting inside our Calendar ????
Or you been smoking something good ? :lol-049:Inserted to comply with public safety regulations

Oops typo!!

Stuff it, we're off, be back Tuesday.........maybe???

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 16:57
sounds like you've had a lovely day Millie, i'm glad you don't have the rain, i hope it keeps away for you for the weekend

Yeah its proper scary, i've turned it off, going to watch it round my friends later, too scared on my own lol

Bet you didn't have the same problem with 50 shades of grey Kimbo.

Millie
06-07-2012, 18:00

Thanks Kim. Hope you enjoy the film.

I've just watched the news and seen the awful flooding everywhere. Hope you are all keeping dry and safe - take care. :boat::boat::boat:

Randonneur
06-07-2012, 20:09
Been over to where I store my motorhome to pull out my silver screens for herbenny. Put some photos of them in my album for her. :wave:

Now I'm catching up on what everyone else is up to. :scared:

herbenny
06-07-2012, 20:19
Been over to where I store my motorhome to pull out my silver screens for herbenny. Put some photos of them in my album for her. :wave:

Now I'm catching up on what everyone else is up to. :scared:

Thanks Randonneur for making the effort and posting the photos to me much appreciated........:wave:

Randonneur
06-07-2012, 20:22
Thanks Randonneur for making the effort and posting the photos to me much appreciated........:wave:

No problem! :hammer: :wave: :lol-053:

rach82
06-07-2012, 20:35
Making Lasagne for tea and planning where to stop tomorrow:banana:

REC
06-07-2012, 20:36
Had a busy day, washed and dried (very little rain here...sorry!) clothes ready to take with us tomorrow. Went shopping for a bit of fabric to make curtain for the van...got a real bargain ..6.49 from 25.99 for a ready made pair of curtains. Cut one into bits and sewed it into the shape needed...still got a lump of fabric and a whole curtain spare. Turned out the cupboard under the stairs for curtain wire, couldnt find it, went and bought some, looked for screwdriver and found the curtain wire :rolleyes2: Went to the allotment with OH and collected new potatoes while he dug them up, pulled beetroot and cut spinach. Home to cook dinner and watch a bit of tennis.
Watched woman in black in the van the other night..I found it really jumpy but Dave said it was tame!

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 20:41

Nice to hear you are out and about rach.

Save some Lasagne for me. Is it with Bechemal sauce?

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 20:43

You feeling better Herby?

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 20:47
Had a busy day, washed and dried (very little rain here...sorry!) clothes ready to take with us tomorrow. Went shopping for a bit of fabric to make curtain for the van...got a real bargain ..6.49 from 25.99 for a ready made pair of curtains. Cut one into bits and sewed it into the shape needed...still got a lump of fabric and a whole curtain spare. Turned out the cupboard under the stairs for curtain wire, couldnt find it, went and bought some, looked for screwdriver and found the curtain wire :rolleyes2: Went to the allotment with OH and collected new potatoes while he dug them up, pulled beetroot and cut spinach. Home to cook dinner and watch a bit of tennis.
Watched woman in black in the van the other night..I found it really jumpy but Dave said it was tame!

sorry, don't want to fall out with you, but i've beat you in the bargain depo, i got 2 pair of curtains and a king size duvet for 30 reduced from 120, for my house, and then got another pair of curtains and 6 tie backs for 3, for camper, then for my free, free range eggs from my friends, rhubarb, raspberry's and wild garlic out of my garden, made rhubarb and raspberry crumble and the garlic went on my salad, and new pots, had to buy them tho :sad:

Admin
06-07-2012, 20:47
Playing Poker :)

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 20:49

Hope you have sunshine, or is that too much to ask, well just dry for you, enjoy :)

oldish hippy
06-07-2012, 21:01
sorry, don't want to fall out with you, but i've beat you in the bargain depo, i got 2 pair of curtains and a king size duvet for 30 reduced from 120, for my house, and then got another pair of curtains and 6 tie backs for 3, for camper, then for my free, free range eggs from my friends, rhubarb, raspberry's and wild garlic out of my garden, made rhubarb and raspberry crumble and the garlic went on my salad, and new pots, had to buy them tho :sad:

thats one of the many thing i miss can be bothered to cook them for myself ,can cook but just dont have it in me and with restricted diet then it trusting someone to cook it for me oh dear gett melancholy not cauliflower lol

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 21:06
Playing Poker :)

not strip i hope :scared:

kangooroo
06-07-2012, 21:37
Where are the floods kango?

Ross-on-Wye. Our driveway is flooded and today low-lying parts of the town have been. Shops, schools and the M50 have been closed and some low-lying properties, including sheltered accommodation, have been flooded and evacuated. We're on a hill so the house is dry but many of us have flooded garages.

The floods are dispersing now but the Wye will probably burst its banks (again) when the deluge from the Welsh mountains reaches our stretch in a few days.

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 21:40
Ross-on-Wye. Our driveway is flooded and today low-lying parts of the town have been. Shops, schools and the M50 have been closed and some low-lying properties, including sheltered accommodation, have been flooded and evacuated. We're on a hill so the house is dry but many of us have flooded garages.

The floods are dispersing now but the Wye will probably burst its banks (again) when the deluge from the Welsh mountains reaches our stretch in a few days.

My gosh we stayed in the bottom car park Saturday night by the swimming pool, is that flooded?

rach82
06-07-2012, 21:42
Nice to hear you are out and about rach.

Save some Lasagne for me. Is it with Bechemal sauce?

I make a mean Lasgane, maybe not authentic though:lol-061:

I make a nice cheese sauce (butter,flour,milk,cheeses) and a nice bolognaise sauce (depends what's in the fridge but tonight it was garlic,onion,corgette,green pepper,mushrooms,mince,tomatoes)

Then layered it all up served with garlic bread:lol-053:

Not really authentic but I improvise!! It tasted good though!

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 21:46
I make a mean Lasgane, maybe not authentic though:lol-061:

I make a nice cheese sauce (butter,flour,milk,cheeses) and a nice bolognaise sauce (depends what's in the fridge but tonight it was garlic,onion,corgette,green pepper,mushrooms,mince,tomatoes)

Then layered it all up served with garlic bread:lol-053:

Not really authentic but I improvise!! It tasted good though!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rach sounds good.

rach82
06-07-2012, 21:47
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rach sounds good.

I can post you the leftovers.......:tongue:

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 21:49
I can post you the leftovers.......:tongue:

So kind rach.

kangooroo
06-07-2012, 22:16
My gosh we stayed in the bottom car park Saturday night by the swimming pool, is that flooded?

Here's the entrance to that car park: ROSS TODAY | NEWS | Horrendous flooding - homes evacuated | 2012 (http://www.ross-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=23988&headline=Horrendous%20flooding%20%20-%20homes%20evacuated)

You wouldn't be swimming in the pool today, but maybe in the road instead!

If you're on Facebook, there's a better pic at: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392106754186270&set=a.177752715621676.45283.100001608451614&type=1&theater

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 22:24
Here's the entrance to that car park: ROSS TODAY | NEWS | Horrendous flooding - homes evacuated | 2012 (http://www.ross-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=23988&headline=Horrendous%20flooding%20%20-%20homes%20evacuated)

You wouldn't be swimming in the pool today, but maybe in the road instead!

If you're on Facebook, there's a better pic at: Gail Lucas's photos | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=392106754186270&set=a.177752715621676.45283.100001608451614&type=1&theater)

Wow we were walking through there last Sat night.

Firefox
06-07-2012, 22:33
At 3.00pm today I was having a brew with WhiteVanWoman in Northwich before setting off for a gig in Worcester by the Roving Crows, a celtic music band. I was going on to see Kangooroo tonight in Ross on Wye, but is flooded that way, so after the gig I am now stealth camping in Worcester. I am in a street in the city centre at the moment, but it is a bit noisy, so I'll probably move and stealth camp in the suburbs instead and move on to Ross tomorrow if it has cleared.

n brown
06-07-2012, 22:36
read back v, all sounds very shifty!

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 22:38
At 3.00pm today I was having a brew with WhiteVanWoman in Northwich before setting off for a gig in Worcester by the Roving Crows, a celtic music band. I was going on to see Kangooroo tonight in Ross on Wye, but is flooded that way, so after the gig I am now stealth camping in Worcester. I am in a street in the city centre at the moment, but it is a bit noisy, so I'll probably move and stealth camp in the suburbs instead and move on to Ross tomorrow if it has cleared.

Where are you heading after firefox?

Firefox
06-07-2012, 22:44
Yes I am certainly very shifty this week... I have shifted from Brandon, to Thetford, to Stockport, to Northwich, to Worcester, to Ross (tomorrow), and hopefully back via Stonehenge :lol-053:

A variety of cheap(pub) camping, wild camping, car park/picnic area camping, urban(street/stealth) camping, and friend's drive camping and will meet 4 or 5 forum members and take in two gigs on the way as well as dropping in on my Stockport family.

n brown
06-07-2012, 22:50
always welcome here mate

Firefox
06-07-2012, 22:54
Thx for that :) I'll take you up sometime!

n brown
06-07-2012, 23:05
Thx for that :) I'll take you up sometime!

pm, got room

pink
06-07-2012, 23:45
woofed down a special fried rice with blue wicked, was chilling after doing split shifts..now getting earache from son whos just limped back from work having drove through a flood which kind of killed his car:eek:

Firefox
07-07-2012, 02:16
See this link

Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/1iKa)

I'm in this leafy residential road. Very quiet and next to the fence. Not directly outside anyone's house and behind another big white van ... there's safety in numbers!

scampa
07-07-2012, 02:20
See this link

Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/1iKa)

I'm in this leafy residential road. Very quiet and next to the fence. Not directly outside anyone's house and behind another big white van ... there's safety in numbers!

If I'd known that it was you parked behind me, I would've invited you in for a drink.. but it's too late now, the bottle is empty! :):)

Firefox
07-07-2012, 02:26
It's OK, come round to mine, I've got a few cans of 1664 and a bottle of pear cider left over from lift-off at Northwich with the Levellers ;)

(By the way, note to Canalsman, don't bother adding this one to the POI , LOL!)

oldish hippy
07-07-2012, 06:04
Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/MFWc) quite road Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/kLg8)

Firefox
07-07-2012, 10:07
Nice find OH! I was in Pierpoint Street in the City centre and was heading South today, so I thought I'd take the A38 out and follow my instinct which turned out well, but I think your one is better, No houses at all and a nice view too!

oldish hippy
07-07-2012, 12:34
well i livved in worcester a lot of my life so know all the hiding places heading south towards tewkesbury through kempsey you could end up at the pub on kempsey common

herbenny
07-07-2012, 15:45
I have the house to myself today (bliss), its still raining outside, the heatings on, dog is snoring and I am listening to peaceful and relaxing 'enya' tunes. :sleep-040:.....luverly !!!

Somelier
07-07-2012, 16:02
Just back from a week near Shrewsbury. Been downloading the pics I took while there - mostly of fungi that I found in the woods above Haughmond Abbey. I'll post a few when I've got them sorted.

I particularly enjoy Shrewsbury. The churches are excellent for photography and as I find the Cadfael books entertaining, I like to look round the town finding the places that are mentioned.

Randonneur
07-07-2012, 19:29
Today I have been.....

Working on my woodturning lathe, finishing off some fishy floaty things ( don't know what the correct name is! ) for my mate at work.

Then I made some pens that a friend of my wifes has ordered.

So quite a busy day really.

Now catching up with what everyone else has been doing.

maingate
07-07-2012, 19:34
Just back from a week near Shrewsbury. Been downloading the pics I took while there - mostly of fungi that I found in the woods above Haughmond Abbey. I'll post a few when I've got them sorted.

I particularly enjoy Shrewsbury. The churches are excellent for photography and as I find the Cadfael books entertaining, I like to look round the town finding the places that are mentioned.

You sound a fun guy yourself. :lol-049:

Somelier
08-07-2012, 11:07
As promised, some fungi images:

Can you imagine what this turns into?
http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/fungi/stinkhorn_egg_02.jpg

This:
http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/fungi/stinkhorn_mature_01.jpg
the stinkhorn Phallus impudicus

http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/fungi/stinkhorn_mature_02.jpg
Stinkhorns give off an odour similar to a rotting carcass, which attracts flies. Once smelled, never forgotten!!!

http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/fungi/stinkhorn_mature_03.jpg
The flies eat and get covered by the black gelatinous covering of the head of the fungus, which carries the reproductive spores. They then carry this elsewhere allowing the fungus to colonise new areas.

kimbowbill
08-07-2012, 11:42
Mushroom omlette off the menu tonight now, thanks bud :dance:

REC
01-08-2012, 23:01
As promised, some fungi images:

Can you imagine what this turns into?

Yes, I can and I did not want to! :scared: Someone must have made a film with these featuring as the aliens! Nature is wonderful but not always as attractive as David Attenborough leads us to believe!

Somelier
04-08-2012, 09:59
Yes, I can and I did not want to! :scared: Someone must have made a film with these featuring as the aliens! Nature is wonderful but not always as attractive as David Attenborough leads us to believe!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Here are another couple of beauties:

http://www.rakm.co.uk/images/photography/fungi/witches_butter_02.jpg
Witches' butter

http://www.rakm.co.uk/web_pics/dead_mans_fingers.jpg
Dead man's fingers

Funky Farmer
04-08-2012, 10:35
Today I hoovered had a shower and watched the Olympics. I'm knackered now!!!! I think I need a pint or .

Did I tell ya it's me birfdy soon? No? Well it is. Mmmmmm Cake:o

n brown
04-08-2012, 10:38
don't know how old you are but i bet your suit needs ironing

Funky Farmer
04-08-2012, 10:44
don't know how old you are but i bet your suit needs ironing

SUIT????????????? I should be so posh. More a overalls and wellies type geezer me

Bigpeetee
04-08-2012, 13:31
Getting ready as we're going to Manchester area for couple of days, waiting until an almighty thunderstorm passes by.

We love sitting in the MH listening to the rain on the roof, even better watching the winter gales crash over the prom.

Just seen the fastest exodus of our promenade as all the "Good Weather" fishermen and tourists disappear as soon as it starts to rain/thunder & lightening!!!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS