PDA

View Full Version : Morecambe

rach82
06-07-2012, 17:03
We are filming a wedding tomorrow in Morecambe so are going to take the van and stay the night.

Any ideas for a spot to camp for the night - we will be pulling up fairly late - after 10pm?

We will have the dogs with us.

Cheers:)

2madcollies
06-07-2012, 17:14
Try Bolton-le-Sands its only 4 miles away

wints
06-07-2012, 19:32
We are filming a wedding tomorrow in Morecambe so are going to take the van and stay the night.

Any ideas for a spot to camp for the night - we will be pulling up fairly late - after 10pm?

Go north out of Morecambe, and just as you enter Bolton-le-sands there's an Indian restaurant on the right. Opposite is Pasture Lane. This takes you down to the shore. Take the left along the shore towards Red Bank campsite / cafe.
Large parking area / stopping area on shore.
You'll be about 150 yds from the campsite, so no worries.
Seen lots of vans, including yank rvs overnighting here.

regards

Allen (one of the few B-teamers still posting)

rach82
06-07-2012, 20:33
Thanks - that sounds perfect!!;)

whitevanwoman
06-07-2012, 20:57
I can second (third?) that, but would add to park in the middle of the line of parking bays at right angles to the road and facing towards the open bay. I parked alongside the road where it was flatter (cos I didn't have levelling ramps) at the end of the parking bays nearest the houses, only to find out the following morning that I was 6 foot away from a dog poo bin and every dog owner in the village was walking their dogs between 8 am and 11am, and being responsible dog owners the lid was banging every few minutes!

But its a good spot for dogs as you are only a few feet away from the bay, and it's a nice walk around the rocky headland where the farm & caravan camp site is.

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 21:22

Work and play can go together.

rach82
06-07-2012, 21:33
Work and play can go together.

Yes they can!!:dance: (I hope..)

How are you MORGANTHEMOON???:dance:

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 21:59
Yes they can!!:dance: (I hope..)

How are you MORGANTHEMOON???:dance:

Fine Rach we went to the southern frosties meet in the fox & goose.
It was our first meet but it was great to meet a load of the guys on here, it was very relaxed and we spent the odd hour or so in the pub.

I'm hoping to go to more meets and run one in Wales, I'm just looking for the right venue.

rach82
06-07-2012, 22:05
It was our first meet but it was great to meet a load of the guys on here, it was very relaxed and we spent the odd hour or so in the pub.

I'm hoping to go to more meets and run one in Wales, I'm just looking for the right venue.

Exciting! I hope to maybe go to a meet too sometime now we have a proper van.... hope it's not too scary??:scared: Wales would be good for us - not too far:) and an hour or two in the pub sounds good too:dance:

kimbowbill
06-07-2012, 22:10

Are you coming to the July meet MtM?

MORGANTHEMOON
06-07-2012, 22:10
Exciting! I hope to maybe go to a meet too sometime now we have a proper van.... hope it's not too scary??:scared: Wales would be good for us - not too far:) and an hour or two in the pub sounds good too:dance:

Well don't get in a round with Rob, Firefox and apache2.

Boy can they drink.

Deleted user 21925
06-07-2012, 22:16
What are you trying to say! We may have a small snifter of Port at christmas - moderations the name of the game, Hic!

Deleted user 21925
06-07-2012, 22:23
Anyway, as I recall we had to drink as fast as we could before a certain Welshman drank all the Doombar!

queencatifah
13-02-2015, 17:28
As a local I can confirm that this is a great safe and picturesque place for wild camping. And if you are a dog owner please support the Shore Cafe which serves wholesome inexpensive food and welcomes dogs.

jeffmossy
19-07-2015, 20:50
Go north out of Morecambe, and just as you enter Bolton-le-sands there's an Indian restaurant on the right. Opposite is Pasture Lane. This takes you down to the shore. Take the left along the shore towards Red Bank campsite / cafe.
Large parking area / stopping area on shore.
You'll be about 150 yds from the campsite, so no worries.
Seen lots of vans, including yank rvs overnighting here.

regards

Allen (one of the few B-teamers still posting)

Went to this spot on Friday only to be confronted by the campsite owner who told us we cant park overnight and showed us the no overnight parking signs that have been put up he said it was affecting his business , so I told him we are moving but not going on his site and went to Arnside and spent over 80 in the village over the weekend

KayD
16-08-2015, 14:28
Another place nearby is in Hest Bank, a little closer to Morecambe than the previous suggestion - there's a turn off the main road that crosses the level crossing (which is quite busy) and you can park along the front there, overlooking Morecambe Bay.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS