PDA

View Full Version : Lymington car ferry

Joony
07-07-2012, 14:59
Hi does anyone Know of any overnight stops near the Lymington car ferry? We are planning to come over from the Isle of Wight late on a friday evening and need somewhere to stop for the night for early start on the Saturday on our way to Cornwall. Would be grateful for any help please .

bobowas007
07-07-2012, 15:47
Hi does anyone Know of any overnight stops near the Lymington car ferry? We are planning to come over from the Isle of Wight late on a friday evening and need somewhere to stop for the night for early start on the Saturday on our way to Cornwall. Would be grateful for any help please .

Try avon truck park ashley heath A31 ringwood

Joony
07-07-2012, 15:58

Thank you

ellisboy
07-07-2012, 17:59
Try along the sea front at Barton on sea.

:cheers: Stephen.

robjk
07-07-2012, 18:27

Stopped there 2 nights last week quiet spot for a restful night.

Rob

Joony
14-07-2012, 11:48
Stopped there 2 nights last week quiet spot for a restful night.

Rob

Thank you

Joony
14-07-2012, 11:49
Thank you for all your replies x

The Rebel Camper
14-07-2012, 17:06

As you have given no indication of date... lol

We will be having the HAMPSHIRE CAMPFEST in August.... 6th - 13th

We can offer you a stopover on any of those nights.

We are camping near BOLDRE just 20 mins from the Lymington Ferry Terminal

Regards
The Rebel Camper.

m4tt
08-10-2012, 21:58

Hi if you put tanners lane in your sat nav. Its about 2 miles from car ferry drive to the end of tanners lane you can drive strait on the beach. We have used this site many a time and never bothered.
Nice view as well as a lovley walk along the beach towards Lymington my 4 yr old now reffers to it the secret beach

Harmergeddon
07-11-2012, 14:33
Hi if you put tanners lane in your sat nav. Its about 2 miles from car ferry drive to the end of tanners lane you can drive strait on the beach. We have used this site many a time and never bothered.

The road looks very narrow on google maps, whereabouts do you actually park up for the night, please? Surely not actually on the beach?

JED THE SPREAD
07-03-2013, 05:58
There is a No Camping sign there now. If anyone is thinking of going here in anything bigger than transit size I wouldnt bother as you will get bogged down in the sand for sure. We saw a couple of cars very nearly stuck after loads of wheel spinning we were OK though as we have 4wd and front and rear diff locks.

Jed

loulou
07-03-2013, 09:54
Nice view as well as a lovley walk along the beach towards Lymington my 4 yr old now reffers to it the secret beach

We visited this site, fantastic, shhhhh but don't tell anyone, its secret!!!!

:dnd::dnd:

joe
07-03-2013, 13:37
Try The Filly Inn. It 3-5 Miles From the ferry at Lymington SO42 7UF 01590 623449. There's often vans in the car park if you have a drink or Meal he is More than happy to Let you stay.

tonyscowen
16-06-2013, 19:24
We have stayed a few times at the Filley Inn, but they now expect you to have a meal, which means its now cheaper to go on a all singing & dancing campsite !

Harmergeddon
27-06-2013, 11:41
We have stayed a few times at the Filley Inn, but they now expect you to have a meal, which means its now cheaper to go on a all singing & dancing campsite !

Alot of campsites insist on a minimum of a weekend stay particulary in the summer and alot also close in the winter in the forest plus you'd still have to eat when staying on a site. Beer and a meal in the filly can be had for 13. I know where i'd rather go if i had to choose one or the other.

skyrakes
27-06-2013, 14:47
Just outside Lyndhurst. Large car park. Give thm a ring before going.
We stayed Sunday evening 3/2/13. Booked a meal and had a couple of beers, maybe 4. Good choice of real ale. I had the steak & kidney pudding. It was massive. You have a choice of potatoes (Chips, mash, saute) plus plenty of fresh vegetables. The mrs had a lamb steak. I could not finish mine. Just a tip, ask for a couple of slices of bread the gravy is brilliant. You do not have to have a meal.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS