PDA

View Full Version : Maryport advice

Vanterrier
13-07-2012, 10:11
Anyone camped in Maryport recently? I know there are some great sites around the harbour having been there in my daily recently but I wondered if anyone had any advice about where abouts to pitch and if there are any "must avoid" points that are not obvious on a saturday lunchtime. I was thinking of the carpark just outside the harbour overlooking the sea, there wasnt any no-camping signs and it looked ideal but I must admit I was a bit concerned about being "out of sight" if there were any undesirables about?

any advice appreciated

K ;)

Vanterrier
16-07-2012, 10:42
Well, to answer my own question in case its of any interest to others, we camped friday and saturday night in the harbour next to the Marina dock gates and had no bother at all, in fact the only people who came over to talk were a couple of new owners of a similar IH van who wanted to compare notes, very welcome they were too. various other folk nodded and said their hello's or whatever in a friendly way, and the Lock-Gate man who chatted away with us when he came to lock the gates.
A great location with plenty of space and no hassle.

ps - weather was great as well, but I cant guarantee that for the next visitors - sorry

K ;)

Old_Arthur
16-07-2012, 11:49
thanx for that K this is how we used to post in the old days :sleep-040: much nicer than a line of numbers :ninja: used to spend hours lookin at the county we were going too and planning on others advice who had been and actually done it.

Vanterrier
18-07-2012, 07:19
thanx for that K this is how we used to post in the old days :sleep-040: much nicer than a line of numbers :ninja: used to spend hours lookin at the county we were going too and planning on others advice who had been and actually done it.

Haha... for those of you who like a line of numbers there is a POI for the carpark just outside the harbour walls which was a bit exposed and not very level. I think our pitch was better.

K ;)

Hawthorn
28-06-2014, 14:05
Yes we thought the same about the car park but had an excellent quiet night alongside the marina. Parking bays right down alongside the road - marina one side grass bank the other. Perfectly level too.

On way out of Maryport towards Silloth, passed the rugby club campsite which looked nice and also a very large secluded drive through layby on the right hand side.

Car park by lifeboat station at Silloth doesn't seem to have any no overnighting signs either. Nice spot too

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS