PDA

View Full Version : Stratford upon Avon get together, 2008

voxol51
17-08-2007, 14:40
Hi everyone,

PLEASE NOTE: DATES NOW FRI 25th to MON 28th APRIL

The Shakespeare Birthday Celebration weekend in 2007 was popular with those attending the get together at Riverside Park.
I can now confirm I have booked the rally field for 3 nights to coinside with the celebration weekend in 2008.

The dates for 2008 are;
Friday 18th April to Monday 21st April

Venue (as in 2006 and 2007) is;
Riverside Caravan Park,
Tiddington Road,
Stratford Upon Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 7AB

Price per night; 7

This meet / rally is essentially a chance to meet up with members of 3 forums;
Wildcamping, Motorhometoday, and Motorhome-list, but if you have motorhoming friends, or tugging family members that would like to attend please let me know.

Please contact 'Voxy' at laizin5@ntlworld.com

For those that have not been before, Riverside Park is situated on the banks of the River Avon, only one mile from Stratford Town Centre, and adjacent to the village of Tiddington is Riverside Caravan Park.
Exclusive River Taxis to & from Town Centre.
Shop & Cafe. Adjacent Clubhouse and Children's Playground.
Footbridge spanning the River Avon. Free Fishing.
Moorings & Slipway. Pets Welcome
New Modern Clean Toilet & Shower facilities.
Resident Manager & Wardens.
Laundrette & Washing-Up facilities
Riverside & Counrtyside Walks
The rally field does not have hook up facilities.

Riversides website is; www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/riverside.html

rebbyvid
17-08-2007, 16:52
Think we will be up for that one Voxy
Rob

grath
17-08-2007, 17:08
Hi everyone,

The Shakespeare Birthday Celebration weekend in 2007 was popular with those attending the get together at Riverside Park.
I can now confirm I have booked the rally field for 3 nights to coinside with the celebration weekend in 2008.

The dates for 2008 are;
Friday 18th April to Monday 21st April

Venue (as in 2006 and 2007) is;
Riverside Caravan Park,
Tiddington Road,
Stratford Upon Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 7AB

Price per night; 7

This meet / rally is essentially a chance to meet up with members of 3 forums;
Wildcamping, Motorhometoday, and Motorhome-list, but if you have motorhoming friends, or tugging family members that would like to attend please let me know.

Please contact 'Voxy' at laizin5@ntlworld.com

For those that have not been before, Riverside Park is situated on the banks of the River Avon, only one mile from Stratford Town Centre, and adjacent to the village of Tiddington is Riverside Caravan Park.
Exclusive River Taxis to & from Town Centre.
Shop & Cafe. Adjacent Clubhouse and Children's Playground.
Footbridge spanning the River Avon. Free Fishing.
Moorings & Slipway. Pets Welcome
New Modern Clean Toilet & Shower facilities.
Resident Manager & Wardens.
Laundrette & Washing-Up facilities
Riverside & Counrtyside Walks
The rally field does not have hook up facilities.

Riversides website is; www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/riverside.html
Hi Folks.
I was told that the water taxis did not run this year. Will they be running next year or is it guess work?
I ask as a keen boater.
regards Graham

voxol51
17-08-2007, 18:48
Earlier this year the parks water taxi's had to have various work done for the license renewal, just the same as any other taxi. Then the floods etc caused a lot of damage to the 'taxi's' and the mooring so as you say, the taxi's did not run this year. The site staff are making no promises, but hope to have them running again from next easter when the season re-starts.

Voxy.

grath
17-08-2007, 18:56
:D
Earlier this year the parks water taxi's had to have various work done for the license renewal, just the same as any other taxi. Then the floods etc caused a lot of damage to the 'taxi's' and the mooring so as you say, the taxi's did not run this year. The site staff are making no promises, but hope to have them running again from next easter when the season re-starts.

Voxy.
Thanks Voxol51, we will try to make it, Sam has told me you are a nice crowd.
regards Graham:D

18-08-2007, 16:20
yes we will attend all 3 nights voxy...cheers samm 'n' dave ;)

loubylou
25-09-2007, 17:37
Sounds good to us. Can we just turn up and camp or do you need to know names and numbers before the date?:p

25-09-2007, 19:31
Sounds good to us. Can we just turn up and camp or do you need to know names and numbers before the date?:p
last time voxy had names but didnt take a deposit...was a fantastic weekend...come along next time..samm:cool:

loubylou
26-09-2007, 10:00
Thanks Samm
we probably will, not far from us, just have to see closer to the time-work gets in the way!:o

Lou

03-10-2007, 19:40
:D
Thanks Voxol51, we will try to make it, Sam has told me you are a nice crowd.
regards Graham:D
Hi Voxol.
Please remind us a little nearer the time as we would like to come.
:cool:

Nomad1
03-10-2007, 23:01
The last Straford meet was good,,,lots to do in Stratford over the weekend,, nice site too,,even if MikeJay and I had our awnings a little too close :) :)

voxol51
05-10-2007, 05:39
The last Straford meet was good,,,lots to do in Stratford over the weekend,, nice site too,,even if MikeJay and I had our awnings a little too close :) :)

Mr Jobsworth from the CC rally opposite. We'll count you as one unit this year !!!

Voxy.

voxol51
05-10-2007, 05:52

Although last minute bookings are ok, I could do with confirmed names and which forum(s) you belong to before hand just to have some idea how many to expect and from where.
It will also help the site owners if they have some idea how many to expect.

It is a large field that could easily take 100 units, but my gazebo might be a bit stretched to accomodate everybody.

No deposits required when booking, I will collect o/n fees as people arrive.

Voxy.

loubylou
05-10-2007, 19:48
Count us in, wouldnt want to miss it. work will have to wait!
4 of us in total, will there be other chilblanes? ours are 9 and 13 years old.

voxol51
06-10-2007, 10:48
Stratford upon Avon Riverside Park get together 2008

PANIC STATIONS !!
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR THIS GET TOGETHER ARE NOW
FRIDAY 25TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

In the past, the Birthday celebrations have always been held on the weekend AFTER St Georges Day.
Stratford Council in their wisdom announced the 2008 celebration would br brought forward a week, the weekend BEFORE St Georges Day, so I booked the rally field for the weekend before St Georges day, 2008.
The Shakespeare Trust have now just released the dates for 2008 as reverting to the normal weekend, the one AFTER St Georges day!!!!

A few hectic phone calls this morning, trying to make sure which weekend the celebrations will be, and I have managed to change the dates with Riverside Park.

I'm sorry if this causes diary problems with some of you, but in the words of a politician, "It ain't my fault"

Voxy.

NOW FRIDAY 25TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS