PDA

View Full Version : Abergavenny

SteveJ
17-08-2007, 20:16
There are 2 long-stay carparks that I cam across in Abergavenny. One was beside a bus depot so we went to the other which was called "FairField Car Park". Very large flat car park with several large bays where longer motorhomes would be able to overhang their rears on the grass verge.

Free Parking 5pm - 9am, and All day parking for 3.50 which is excellent value. Notice states "no dwelling" but we stopped of the night with no problems. Site is popular with the local boy racers until quite late in the evening.

Lots of shops within a few hundred yards including supermarkets, Wilkinsons, Outdoor shops etc. Don't park too close to the rugby club as their air conditioning units are quite noisy, and I would suggest not parking in the middle unless you like the boy racers whizzing past your windows every few minutes (bless 'em!). GPS Coordinates are: N51.82589, W3.01762

Regards, Steve

MORGANTHEMOON
05-01-2012, 14:19
There are 2 long-stay carparks that I cam across in Abergavenny. One was beside a bus depot so we went to the other which was called "FairField Car Park". Very large flat car park with several large bays where longer motorhomes would be able to overhang their rears on the grass verge.

Free Parking 5pm - 9am, and All day parking for 3.50 which is excellent value. Notice states "no dwelling" but we stopped of the night with no problems. Site is popular with the local boy racers until quite late in the evening.

Lots of shops within a few hundred yards including supermarkets, Wilkinsons, Outdoor shops etc. Don't park too close to the rugby club as their air conditioning units are quite noisy, and I would suggest not parking in the middle unless you like the boy racers whizzing past your windows every few minutes (bless 'em!). GPS Coordinates are: N51.82589, W3.01762

Regards, Steve

We use the Fair field car park regularly and had no problems we arrive Friday evening, get up at 9 to pay 3.50 Sat morn for 24 hours and it's free Sunday.

Not bad 3.50 for the weekend. Some noise Sunday morning when the mini rugby meet up for their game.

Good indoor market, weatherspoons, Good food in the Auberge. Excellent indian restaurant "The Spice Tree" and the butchers opposite the book shop is exceptional, I would recomend the faggots.

hdeagle
05-01-2012, 23:28
Just for everybodys info. The bus station car park is a very popular motorcycle meeting point on the weekends, especially on sundays when the weather is a bit better. :cheers:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS