PDA

View Full Version : Who's on a diet.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 20:59
I have to lose some weight so I'm dieting.

I know this is drastic and I'm unsure about this decision but I'm giving up drinking in the week.

Any good ideas on how to be slim again after all these years?

ellisboy
16-07-2012, 21:05
Stop eating Chap ! :lol-061:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:07
Stop eating Chap ! :lol-061:

Does that mean I can drink?

ellisboy
16-07-2012, 21:07
:cheers:

rach82
16-07-2012, 21:09

I know this is drastic and I'm unsure about this decision but I'm giving up drinking in the week.

If I gave up drinking I would probably be a size 8 - I am a small 5'2 size 12-14

I give up food - not beer:tongue:

No seriously, If I gave up cider I would lose some weight - I really am trying though!:dance:

hdeagle
16-07-2012, 21:11
Does that mean I can drink?

yes I'm sure you can drink as much water as you can handle.
:lol-049:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:12
I thought of just cutting down on both.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:13
yes I'm sure you can drink as much water as you can handle.
:lol-049:

So kind but I don't think Brains do water.

rach82
16-07-2012, 21:13
I thought of just cutting down on both.

sensible!:cheers:

maingate
16-07-2012, 21:14
Just carry on eating as normal ...... except use chopsticks instead of a knife and fork. :dance:

Teffy
16-07-2012, 21:15
Use a smaller plate.

kimbowbill
16-07-2012, 21:15
1 vodka and Cranberry, 1 gin and orange, 1 pineapple and malibou, 1 cider and 1 tomatoe juice, there's ya 5 a day, simples, enjoy :dance:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:16
sensible!:cheers:

No not me.
Be ok until I go into Weatherspoons and the cider festival.

You just gotta try em all.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:17
Use a smaller plate.

For cider?

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:19
1 vodka and Cranberry, 1 gin and orange, 1 pineapple and malibou, 1 cider and 1 tomatoe juice, there's ya 5 a day, simples, enjoy :dance:

Kimbo if you are a weight watchers leader I'll be there! I like the way you're thinking on this.

kernowprickles
16-07-2012, 21:19
Well, it would certainly cut down the consumption of cider, so should do the trick!! :(

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:29
Well, it would certainly cut down the consumption of cider, so should do the trick!! :(
I'm going off you prickles.

n brown
16-07-2012, 21:40
most sensible advice i saw was don't eat more than a light snack after 6pm. think about that roast dinner you had at 7 laying heavily in your gut all night with no physical activity to help break it down.speaks for itself.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 21:42
most sensible advice i saw was don't eat more than a light snack after 6pm. think about that roast dinner you had at 7 laying heavily in your gut all night with no physical activity to help break it down.speaks for itself.

Yes good advice. I hate eating late.

kimbowbill
16-07-2012, 22:04
Kimbo if you are a weight watchers leader I'll be there! I like the way you're thinking on this.

yeah, i'm like Pauline of LOG, "Pauline's pens" :dance:

Viktor
16-07-2012, 22:09

A couple of years ago I was 17.5 stone, now I'm about 14.2 stone...used the filmstars diet - The Dukan Diet...eat all you want, little exercise..(In fact I didn't do any really)...and amazingly it worked exactly as it said on the tin....I admit was was very pleased and gobsmacked....it took me Aril to September to lose it and then a further 9 months to stabilise it by carefully following the diet advice on how to do that...

You don't need to buy the book as you can get all the info from online blogs...just Google 'dukan diet blog', or if you want a copy of the file notes I used I'll stick it in my dropbox and send you a download link by PM.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:11
A couple of years ago I was 17.5 stone, now I'm about 14.2 stone...used the filmstars diet - The Dukan Diet...eat all you want, little exercise..(In fact I didn't do any really)...and amazingly it worked exactly as it said on the tin....I admit was was very pleased and gobsmacked....it took me Aril to September to lose it and then a further 9 months to stabilise it by carefully following the diet advice on how to do that...

You don't need to buy the book as you can get all the info from online blogs...just Google 'dukan diet blog'.

Thanks viktor.

lotusanne
16-07-2012, 22:14
Noooo not cider - thats the most fattening drink there is... switch to shorts and nasty slimlines. And i have more good advice - loads of soup and loads of excercise. i saw a documentary on it, but cant rememeber the exact science but basically they took a plate of food and liquidised it to turn it into soup, and some people had itas food some as soup, the soup ones all stayed fuller for much longer. Also excercise - think thats the key actually, get up them welsh hills every day and the weight will drop off! And if all else fails you could think aboiut taking up smoking!!

kimbowbill
16-07-2012, 22:14

You don't need to buy the book as you can get all the info from online blogs...just Google 'dukan diet blog', or if you want a copy of the file notes I used I'll stick it in my dropbox and send you a download link by PM.

well done you

kimbowbill
16-07-2012, 22:15
Noooo not cider - thats the most fattening drink there is... switch to shorts and nasty slimlines. And i have more good advice - loads of soup and loads of excercise. i saw a documentary on it, but cant rememeber the exact science but basically they took a plate of food and liquidised it to turn it into soup, and some people had itas food some as soup, the soup ones all stayed fuller for much longer. Also excercise - think thats the key actually, get up them welsh hills every day and the weight will drop off! And if all else fails you could think aboiut taking up smoking!!

i have heard sexual activity is very good for weight loss too :tongue: maybe i need to get more:dance: :help:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:17

Have you seen the size of this bloody ills I'll be avin a hart atak.

Sound advice on the drinks.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:18
i have heard sexual activity is very good for weight loss too :tongue: maybe i need to get more:dance: :help:

Oh so you're getting some then kimbo.

lotusanne
16-07-2012, 22:19

Kimbowbill meet mtm... sounds like you could help each other out!!:dance::dance:

maingate
16-07-2012, 22:19
You know what your trouble is?

You eat like a Pig. :dance:

Deleted user 21925
16-07-2012, 22:21
I stuck up for him when someone said he wasn't fit to eat with pigs, I said he was.:)

Firefox
16-07-2012, 22:24
I'm on a diet at the moment. I have to lose 3 stone down from about 14 to 11 or so.

Go for about 1000 calories a day. That's a loaf of bread or 10 bananas. I stick to slow release carbs like oats or pasta or bread + some fruit and veg like bananas or broccoli, beetroot or cherries.

Just eat it all barely cooked or raw with no sauces or recipes.

Drink water and coffee/tea only.

Don't drink alcohol even at weekends. Not only is it 200 calories a pint, it makes you want to eat more, so you'll blow your whole weeks diet at the weekend. If you go down the pub, drink pints of soda water out of the scoosher... it's usually free :)

kimbowbill
16-07-2012, 22:24
Oh so you're getting some then kimbo.

yeah, bit ov bonking in mi greenhouse wi mi funghi :tongue: working up a sweat, wrapped in cling film for extra sweatage :tongue: i'm gunna bed, all this talk is making me tired, Night all, sweet dreams MTM

maingate
16-07-2012, 22:29
One day a week have some toast for breakfast and then only eat fruit for the rest of the day. You can put banana on your morning toast.

I did that some years ago and within 3 months I looked like Charles Atlas.

:idea: or was it Charlie Drake ?

Geraldine
16-07-2012, 22:29
Dukan worked for us,lost loads and enjoyed the steaks,eggs,etc. I found i could keep it off drinking cider but put it back on drinking the beer (love both).We have slipped at the moment but now I know I could loss half a stone in aweek if i wished too! Mandie and I will have a chat with you this weekend about it if you wish,We are both fans of the diet and it would be nice to chat as our paths didnt cross much last time at Greywell.Look forward to seeing you again. cheers David

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:30
I'm on a diet at the moment. I have to lose 3 stone down from about 14 to 11 or so.

Go for about 1000 calories a day. That's a loaf of bread or 10 bananas. I stick to slow release carbs like oats or pasta or bread + some fruit and veg like bananas or broccoli, beetroot or cherries.

Just eat it all barely cooked or raw with no sauces or recipes.

Drink water and coffee/tea only.

Don't drink alcohol even at weekends. Not only is it 200 calories a pint, it makes you want to eat more, so you'll blow your whole weeks diet at the weekend. If you go down the pub, drink pints of soda water out of the scoosher... it's usually free :)

Vernon you have really depressed me now

All sound advice but , no booze.how many Doombars did you put away in the Fox and goose.

Deleted user 21925
16-07-2012, 22:32

All sound advice but , no booze.how many Doombars did you put away in the Fox and goose.

All of 'em

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:36
All of 'em

He had a bloody good try and I bet he's still eating that salad. lol.

Deleted user 21925
16-07-2012, 22:43
yeah, bit ov bonking in mi greenhouse wi mi funghi :tongue: working up a sweat, wrapped in cling film for extra sweatage :tongue: i'm gunna bed, all this talk is making me tired, Night all, sweet dreams MTM

I off to bed too, gotta be up early dammit!

Still, as they say, theres no WKD for the rest!

MORGANTHEMOON
16-07-2012, 22:45
I off to bed too, gotta be up early dammit!

Still, as they say, theres no WKD for the rest!

Yep same here work in the morning.

Firefox
16-07-2012, 22:53

Lost count but probably about 8 or 9. Which considering it was from 1.00pm till 10.00pm was pretty slow going really ;D

That was a days worth of calories just in beer :tongue: No wonder we didn't win too many volleyball matches the next day! I don't usually drink anything like that much. A couple of bottles in the evening and that's me done.

Anyway, Kangooroo will probably be getting her blood pressure monitor out next time I visit, so a combination of the weight loss and no alcohol for a few months should keep her monitor happy!!

pink
17-07-2012, 00:54
my sister lost 9 stone in around as many months on the cabbage soup diet, bit too drastic but worked for her..i tried it for a week or two and lost half a stone, its not as yuk as it sounds,the soups not just cabbage but has tomato,onions,celery,peppers,and carrots and you can add flavouring to suit..you follow a plan over a week,the soups the main thing all through,first day eating as much of it as you want,and you have a steak day,jacket spud day,lots of fruit and veg day,a banana and skimmed milk day to boost calcium and potassium levels, and a day with chicken,steak or fish,salad or veg.and a brown rice and veg day..great for a short term fix,or to kickstart a healthier lifestyle..the weights lost as your almost guaranteed to burn the calories,lots of water lost too though..but its boring and alcohols not included..and you,re only supposed to do it for a week then have a break from it...it does have another plus side though..you fart that much when you,re on it that no one will invite you out anywhere, so you,re not tempted to indulge!:lol-053:

MORGANTHEMOON
17-07-2012, 06:39
my sister lost 9 stone in around as many months on the cabbage soup diet, bit too drastic but worked for her..i tried it for a week or two and lost half a stone, its not as yuk as it sounds,the soups not just cabbage but has tomato,onions,celery,peppers,and carrots and you can add flavouring to suit..you follow a plan over a week,the soups the main thing all through,first day eating as much of it as you want,and you have a steak day,jacket spud day,lots of fruit and veg day,a banana and skimmed milk day to boost calcium and potassium levels, and a day with chicken,steak or fish,salad or veg.and a brown rice and veg day..great for a short term fix,or to kickstart a healthier lifestyle..the weights lost as your almost guaranteed to burn the calories,lots of water lost too though..but its boring and alcohols not included..and you,re only supposed to do it for a week then have a break from it...it does have another plus side though..you fart that much when you,re on it that no one will invite you out anywhere, so you,re not tempted to indulge!:lol-053:

I was on the cabbage soup last week.
It's tough but it kickstarts the diet I lost half stone but now it's time for a sensible diet.
The carbs seem to be the key, cut out bread, potatoes, pasta and rice and of course the beer and the weight should come off mixed with some exercise.
I am interested in Viktors diet though, will have a look at that today.

kimbowbill
17-07-2012, 06:43
It's tough but it kickstarts the diet I lost half stone but now it's time for a sensible diet.
The carbs seem to be the key, cut out bread, potatoes, pasta and rice and of course the beer and the weight should come off mixed with some exercise.

Anyway, its Tuesday today, diets always start on a Monday :tongue:

kimbowbill
17-07-2012, 06:47
On a serious note Hayden, no quick fix diets are going to work, its a lifestyle change, eat healthy, and regularly, you are totally responsible for what goes in ya gob, be sensible, if it comes off fast, it goes back on fast, and most of all, enjoy your food, don't be a slave to it, you will give up after a few weeks and the weight will pile on, hope this little lecture helps :idea-007:

MORGANTHEMOON
17-07-2012, 06:59
On a serious note Hayden, no quick fix diets are going to work, its a lifestyle change, eat healthy, and regularly, you are totally responsible for what goes in ya gob, be sensible, if it comes off fast, it goes back on fast, and most of all, enjoy your food, don't be a slave to it, you will give up after a few weeks and the weight will pile on, hope this little lecture helps :idea-007:

Thanks for that kimbo.
I know what you're saying is right, I've been dieting on and off most of my life and I know it's a lifestyle change but it's getting the balance right.
It's pointless being miserable dieting and you need to have something to look forward to .
I think you have to be in the right frame of mind for it but once you get going you get encouraged with the weight loss, feeling a lot better and getting back into clothes you've keeping in case you loose weight.

lotusanne
17-07-2012, 07:00
.... and dont forget the exercise!! Another program i saw had a couple, she was really fat and he was really thin. They thought he had a higher metabolic rate and burnt his food quicker, but turns out it was all down to excerise... he never sat still , always up and down, fidgting ,whereas she was a couched potato and hardly moved. My best advice is get a dog... someone said to me once Anne that dog is probably adding years to your life, and i always rememeber that cos I hope its true! But I am out with her 4 or 5 times a day, havent got a garden so its up and out, nip home at lunchtime for half an hour walk, straight home and out....but do live in the countryside so its a pleasure really (apart from hangover days)! And lastly.... rememeber...you are what you eat...literally ... so eat ****.....!! I agree with Jen, crash diets dont work it all piles back, its lifestyle change, then its no effort. Good luck!

kimbowbill
17-07-2012, 07:08
Thanks for that kimbo.
I know what you're saying is right, I've been dieting on and off most of my life and I know it's a lifestyle change but it's getting the balance right.
It's pointless being miserable dieting and you need to have something to look forward to .
I think you have to be in the right frame of mind for it but once you get going you get encouraged with the weight loss, feeling a lot better and getting back into clothes you've keeping in case you loose weight.

Your spot on, it is a mind set, i've been the same for many years and found that the more i deprive myself of the things i enjoy and that make me happy, i pig out on em, and throw it all to the wind, i think have a little of what you fancy :dance: food i mean but don't pig out on it, exercise i believe is the key tho, find something you enjoy,and don't be swapping and changing diets, you have to be careful when you get older, no disrespect with that but its true, but good on you for starting this thread, a lot of us struggle with weight, your not on your own with it,

MORGANTHEMOON
17-07-2012, 07:13
.... and dont forget the exercise!! Another program i saw had a couple, she was really fat and he was really thin. They thought he had a higher metabolic rate and burnt his food quicker, but turns out it was all down to excerise... he never sat still , always up and down, fidgting ,whereas she was a couched potato and hardly moved. My best advice is get a dog... someone said to me once Anne that dog is probably adding years to your life, and i always rememeber that cos I hope its true! But I am out with her 4 or 5 times a day, havent got a garden so its up and out, nip home at lunchtime for half an hour walk, straight home and out....but do live in the countryside so its a pleasure really (apart from hangover days)! And lastly.... rememeber...you are what you eat...literally ... so eat ****.....!! I agree with Jen, crash diets dont work it all piles back, its lifestyle change, then its no effort. Good luck!

Thanks.
Sound advice.

ricc
17-07-2012, 08:19
youve also got to realise that most official advice has an industry behind it trying to sell something.

ive recently read a book , trick and treat.... starts off with the idea that 30 years of healthy eating advise have coincided with a massive increase in obesity, heart disease , cancers etc.

in a nutshell it suggests that all carbohydrates are metabolised to sugar which leads to sugar highs and crashes, fat deposites and the use of muscle rather than bodyfat as a quick energy source . to burn body fat the body needs protein and dietary fats, the fats are also needed to make horemones.
the five a day veg thingy was thought up on the way to a press conference with no scientific basis. the advise that animal fat is bad came from a nutter feeding (vegetarian )rabbits on an exclusivly animaal fat diet and finding they died...ergo fat in the diet is bad for humans...tis well worth a read

add to that theres abolutely no science behind the cholesterol tests for heart disease or psa tests for prostrate cancer.
early testing for cancer is the latest craze..... doctors never claim to cure cancer , but if you survive 5 years from detection your in the statistics as a sucessfull treatment....your lifes been hell with the side effects effects of chemo and radiation "treatment" and you die in year six.... without the tests and early detection you may well have had 10 years of a happy life with your undetected cancer...but if they find a cancer at your autopsy you go in the stats as a cancer failure

sorry ill get off me soapbox and get back to me high protein , fatty, low carb breakfast...... two boiled eggs, one slice of toast with lashings of butter this morning. whoops nearly forgot the salt on the eggs

Somelier
17-07-2012, 08:39
Never been on a diet. My weight has stayed around the 75-80 kilo mark for many years and since I'm 1.85 metres tall, my BMI is well within limits. I eat what I like, I don't believe in vegetarian diets, because our bodies are designed for an omnivorous diet.

Why do I stay slim? I exercise a lot. I walk the dog at least twice a day and up until recently (owing to my wife having some health problems) I did a lot of hill walking.

Just had to stop typing for a moment there, as, looking through my window, I could see a swift flying around outside.

Most of my interests are activite ones. Even my photography demands quite a lot of physical effort, especially carrying around my heavy camera bag.

If I can't get out as much as I'd like - which is happening at present because of the weather, then I spend some time on my static bike, which keeps me going.

Randonneur
17-07-2012, 08:52
Losing weight is easy:-

EAT LESS, MOVE MORE!

Nuff said, :banana:

Makzine
17-07-2012, 10:22
Whats a diet ?????????

maingate
17-07-2012, 11:27
Try the Cabbage Soup diet using my recommendation ....... eat it with chopsticks. :lol-049:

That'll get the weight off.

Somelier
17-07-2012, 12:27
Try the Cabbage Soup diet using my recommendation ....... eat it with chopsticks. :lol-049:

That'll get the weight off.

Or order soup in a basket - same results!!

MORGANTHEMOON
17-07-2012, 12:29
Or order soup in a basket - same results!!

Don't be silly it will leak through. doh! lol.

mandymops
17-07-2012, 14:58
The Montignac method was developed for heart patients and diabetics but is really just very healthy and you never have to go hungry. You can even have a glass of red each evening and some dark chocolate. I lost 5 stone in a year on it and felt fabulous-lots of energy. You need to get the book but in a nutshell,don't eat sugar,processed starch (so only brown rice,brown pasta,proper, heavy wholemeal bread,rye bread, oat cakes)no grapes,melon,banana,sweetcorn or(and this was the hardest for me) no cooked root veg. It really starts working fast and your gp will love you.:goodluck:

Deleted user 21925
17-07-2012, 17:32

You must get loads of excercise anyway Jen, when Henry takes you for a walk!

kimbowbill
17-07-2012, 20:35
You must get loads of excercise anyway Jen, when Henry takes you for a walk!

I do, and he does :wacko:, he's quietend down a lot, he's got even bigger, weighed in just under 11st :scared::scared: but he's as good as gold, except when my neighbour puts her hand over the fence xx

lotty
17-07-2012, 21:34
being a woman I've been on a diet most of my adult life!! One thing I have found the best way for me is to just eat sensible, no chocolate or rubish. just good homecooked food, plenty fruit and veg etc, Oh and no alcohol in the week just a few glasses on a Saturday night. (sorry) That way I don't feel like Im on a diet, im not following any kind of plan and I still get a treat at the weekend. I recently lost a stone in 8 weeks and didn't even feel like I was trying.
Some people like following a set plan, some like to do their own thing, its what suits you best but its basically you've got to burn off what you put in. How about some exercise :shag:
My hubby and I weighed ourselves on our return from France and after 2 weeks I was half a pound lighter than when I went, hubby was 6lb heavier! We had both eaten what we wanted but I did not drink alcohol (I was worried about being caught over the limit the next day so thought best bet, don't have any then theres no problem) Alcohol is dead calories on top of your daily allowance so easily adds up to extra pounds!

Good luck with the weight loss, don't be too strict on yourself.

:goodluck:
Lotty

MORGANTHEMOON
17-07-2012, 21:40
being a woman I've been on a diet most of my adult life!! One thing I have found the best way for me is to just eat sensible, no chocolate or rubish. just good homecooked food, plenty fruit and veg etc, Oh and no alcohol in the week just a few glasses on a Saturday night. (sorry) That way I don't feel like Im on a diet, im not following any kind of plan and I still get a treat at the weekend. I recently lost a stone in 8 weeks and didn't even feel like I was trying.
Some people like following a set plan, some like to do their own thing, its what suits you best but its basically you've got to burn off what you put in. How about some exercise :shag:
My hubby and I weighed ourselves on our return from France and after 2 weeks I was half a pound lighter than when I went, hubby was 6lb heavier! We had both eaten what we wanted but I did not drink alcohol (I was worried about being caught over the limit the next day so thought best bet, don't have any then theres no problem) Alcohol is dead calories on top of your daily allowance so easily adds up to extra pounds!

Lotty

Thanks Lotty I'm doing OK but I could murder a drink.
But no drinking in the week is my plan, eating the right things and walking those dogs more.

lotty
17-07-2012, 21:46
Thanks Lotty I'm doing OK but I could murder a drink.
But no drinking in the week is my plan, eating the right things and walking those dogs more.

Yeah, the dogs give us a good excuse to get out in this lovely British summer weather don't they:scared:
:boat:

wild west jack
18-07-2012, 01:27
Hi MTM what works for me and mates is low carb diet and H.I.T high intensity training only once every 5 days for about 20 mins heavy weights exercises to major muscle groups slow reps no stopping till its impossible to do anymore no cheating then strait onto next excersise no more than 10 second breaks between you should only be able to do about 4-5 reps if weight is right before failing to complete. you rest the 5 days to recover and allow muscle growth which burns loads of calories to keep muscle and stops you losing it as body eats its own fat with low carb diet .
I have just started back on it after stopping about 10 months back and piled a bit of fat back on but it works if done properly.
Why we get fat and what to do about it and the diet delusion by Gary Taubes is a good read.

Firefox
18-07-2012, 10:29

Lotty

I'm definitely with the no drinking alcohol bit when losing weight. If I want a drink, I just have one or two pints of cold fizzy water or soda.

People who smoke tell me part of the habit is the manipulation of the cigs etc. So, similar with drinking, if you are used to having a pint, just drink a pint of soda water. You get the same feeling of the glass and the full belly but without the calories.

I've just got my BMI down to 29.5 now, target is 24-25.

MORGANTHEMOON
18-07-2012, 11:07
Hi MTM what works for me and mates is low carb diet and H.I.T high intensity training only once every 5 days for about 20 mins heavy weights exercises to major muscle groups slow reps no stopping till its impossible to do anymore no cheating then strait onto next excersise no more than 10 second breaks between you should only be able to do about 4-5 reps if weight is right before failing to complete. you rest the 5 days to recover and allow muscle growth which burns loads of calories to keep muscle and stops you losing it as body eats its own fat with low carb diet .
I have just started back on it after stopping about 10 months back and piled a bit of fat back on but it works if done properly.
Why we get fat and what to do about it and the diet delusion by Gary Taubes is a good read.

Thanks Jack.

MORGANTHEMOON
18-07-2012, 11:15
I'm definitely with the no drinking alcohol bit when losing weight. If I want a drink, I just have one or two pints of cold fizzy water or soda.

People who smoke tell me part of the habit is the manipulation of the cigs etc. So, similar with drinking, if you are used to having a pint, just drink a pint of soda water. You get the same feeling of the glass and the full belly but without the calories.

Drinking is a habit and you can get used to doing without it, but I enjoy a drink and I want to try to have some but much less than I do now.
Something to look forward to.

Firefox
18-07-2012, 12:01
Same here, I like a drink and usually have a couple in the evenings most days.

Luckily I don't have an addictive complex towards alcohol, and can stop drinking any time with no ill effects. I've kept off it for about a week now.

But I know for some people this is very difficult. My Uncle had a real problem with it for many years. He's dry now but he is in his late 70's. He needed to give up completely to keep on living.

MORGANTHEMOON
18-07-2012, 12:14
Same here, I like a drink and usually have a couple in the evenings most days.

Luckily I don't have an addictive complex towards alcohol, and can stop drinking any time with no ill effects. I've kept off it for about a week now.

But I know for some people this is very difficult. My Uncle had a real problem with it for many years. He's dry now but he is in his late 70's. He needed to give up completely to keep on living.

I'm not addicted to alcohol and only have one or two drinks per evening, with the occasional blast but it does relax me in the evening.

I went 5 days last week and none yet this week.

lotty
18-07-2012, 12:32

Well done Vern,
Its not easy but slowly does it is the best way. I Think as soon as you cut something out completely thats when you crave and bing. A little treat at the weekends keeps the cravings down and rewards you for your hard work in the week.

lotty
18-07-2012, 12:39

Thats like a bodybuilder regime. My hubby's mate was a bodybuiler for years, doing competitions etc. Lots of protien, chicken n fish etc and no carbs before a comp to reduce the body fat then after lots of carbs to bulk up then hit the gym to rip the muscle!

I think for someone who isn't into weights a low weight, high repetition is better, This burns body fat faster and doesn't make you walk like John Wayne the next day, lol :lol-053:

Oasis
18-07-2012, 13:07
Have an overactive thyroid - I have lost over 1 stone in 4 weeks!!!!

pink
18-07-2012, 22:32

Keep us posted on how you get on..will have to get myself focused on losing weight in august..am going on a cruise for 12 days on fri so will be having to get rolled off it when i get back!:boat:..this thread you started is a great place for some motivation, advice and encouragement!

MORGANTHEMOON
18-07-2012, 22:37
Keep us posted on how you get on..will have to get myself focused on losing weight in august..am going on a cruise for 12 days on fri so will be having to get rolled off it when i get back!:boat:..this thread you started is a great place for some motivation, advice and encouragement!

I will pink.
Sat in the pub with my wife while that greeedy cow had lager and I had pissing diet coke.
But I just had a sexy low fat greek yogurt (f****ing foul) and a fruit tea. lol

We will motivate you when you get back, enjoy your cruise don't worry about joining the Rolly polys till you get back.

wild west jack
19-07-2012, 01:03
Thats like a bodybuilder regime. My hubby's mate was a bodybuiler for years, doing competitions etc. Lots of protien, chicken n fish etc and no carbs before a comp to reduce the body fat then after lots of carbs to bulk up then hit the gym to rip the muscle!

I think for someone who isn't into weights a low weight, high repetition is better, This burns body fat faster and doesn't make you walk like John Wayne the next day, lol :lol-053:

haha hi lotty im not into body building its just that muscle growth of even a little will burn more calls than spending ages on cardio equipment like treadmills,bike etc as your body needs to burn lots of energy to keep muscle alive hit is intense and quick to do but if you have more time lower weight at higher reps is still good in curcuits combined with a low carb diet it will shift the fat quicker than a low fat stuffed with sugars to hide the taste diet combined with equipment excercise which is fine if you dont like weights groundwork,rowing, skipping & swimming are great too.
I am over my comfortable weight limit by to much so something that works hard and fairly fast to rip it off suits me but may not suit others and i dont want to end up lookin like a roider john wayne :mad1: :lol-049:

maingate
19-07-2012, 08:13
Have an overactive thyroid - I have lost over 1 stone in 4 weeks!!!!

I have an overactive imagination.

Will I lose weight?

donkey too
19-07-2012, 08:19
Sea food diet is best. See food and eat it.:lol-053:

But best way to lose weight is to wild camp and live off the land for a few weeks. NO shop bought food at all.

Firefox
19-07-2012, 11:09
Brandon is going to be difficult for me.

I'm going to stick to soda water. If anyone catches me drinking alcohol, I have to buy them a drink on the spot!

MORGANTHEMOON
19-07-2012, 11:13

I'm going to stick to soda water. If anyone catches me drinking alcohol, I have to buy them a drink on the spot!

I'll expect a full report off kimbo.

MORGANTHEMOON
22-07-2012, 20:10

How did the diet go firefox?

I weighed in Saturday and lost another 6.5 lbs so that's 11.5 lbs in the first 2 weeks.
I expect it to slow down now though.

lotty
22-07-2012, 20:17
How did the diet go firefox?

I weighed in Saturday and lost another 6.5 lbs so that's 11.5 lbs in the first 2 weeks.
I expect it to slow down now though.

Well done on the weight loss. :banana:

MORGANTHEMOON
22-07-2012, 20:20
Well done on the weight loss. :banana:

Thanks Lotty.
Having a more relaxed day with the diet today, I've not been terrible but I've had a few drinks.
Back to it tomorrow.

herbenny
24-07-2012, 11:43
Hi Morgan hope the diet is going well for you and if you dont mind I will be joining you .... I Feel its about time and would like to lose some before my op and also I am just feeling generally unwell and sluggish. This time eighteen months ago I was a curvy size 12:dance: and now I feel just yuk !!!

So today I have started a new eating plan .......

I have just made a fab lunch which was

pasta
pre cooked chicken chopped
sweetcorn
chopped spring onions
chopped tomatos
peppers

Season and then add tablespoon philedelphia onion and black pepper and mix together.

It was bloody gorgeous ! :tongue:

MORGANTHEMOON
24-07-2012, 11:50
Hi Morgan hope the diet is going well for you and if you dont mind I will be joining you .... I Feel its about time and would like to lose some before my op and also I am just feeling generally unwell and sluggish. This time eighteen months ago I was a curvy size 12:dance: and now I feel just yuk !!!

So today I have started a new eating plan .......

I have just made a fab lunch which was

pasta
pre cooked chicken chopped
sweetcorn
chopped spring onions
chopped tomatos
peppers

Season and then add tablespoon philedelphia onion and black pepper and mix together.

It was bloody gorgeous ! :tongue:

It sounds very nice but I'm trying to avoid pasta, bread potatoes at the moment.
It's all acording which plan you follow.

herbenny
24-07-2012, 12:20
It sounds very nice but I'm trying to avoid pasta, bread potatoes at the moment.
It's all acording which plan you follow.

Hi Morgan.
I have never done this plan before so we will see how this goes.
I am not supposed and to eat pasta either Oooops and like you try to avoid it ....but it is gluten free. I wont be eating bread thats the biggest culprit 'its evil':mad2: unless I knew how to make my own ???, I cant eat potatos either especially the skins I would be violently ill.

The dukan diet is quite good my brother lost weight on that but it was too severe for me :(

Firefox
15-08-2012, 20:40
I really have hit a plateau around 14 stone at the moment.

Having lost nearly 2 stone, I think my body is resisting losing any more, trying to hold on to every pound!

My latest attempt to break the current plateau is stair climbing with weights. I've got a 6kg body belt to replace some of the weight I've lost and am doing climbing the office stairs 25 times in one go. That's 36 steps x 25 = 900 steps . 900 x 0.2 = 180m. I'm doing two reps a day for a total of 360m. That's 1200 feet a day for a total burn of about 500 kcalories. It should theoretically bring off 1lb a week.

After 900 steps it is very tiring, a real workout. Though I go down the stairs slowly, so it is very low impact. Going up it's just working against gravity in a gentle controlled manner. Quite boring, but totally free. Saves 500 a year gym membership!

lotty
15-08-2012, 20:45

Having lost nearly 2 stone, I think my body is resisting losing any more, trying to hold on to every pound!

My latest attempt to break the current plateau is stair climbing with weights. I've got a 6kg body belt to replace some of the weight I've lost and am doing climbing the office stairs 25 times in one go. That's 36 steps x 25 = 900 steps . 900 x 0.2 = 180m. I'm doing two reps a day for a total of 360m. That's 1200 feet a day for a total burn of about 500 kcalories. It should theoretically bring off 1lb a week.

After 900 steps it is very tiring, a real workout. Though I go down the stairs slowly, so it is very low impact. Going up it's just working against gravity in a gentle controlled manner. Quite boring, but totally free. Saves 500 a year gym membership!

2 stone, well done Vern. It is hard isn't it, i usually hit my plateau after loosing a stone then have to up the exercise or starve to loose any more!
Keep going Vern:)

lotty
15-08-2012, 20:46
Hey MTM

Hows your diet going??
X

mariesnowgoose
15-08-2012, 21:27
Do what I do.

Do bl**dy housework.
Shop for groceries, etc.

Eat (9 times out of 10 cooked by other half, ain't I lucky).

Mow grass big style for miles and miles 2 days a week.
Cut hedges big style for miles and miles 2 days a week.
Strim rough ground big style for miles and miles 2 days a week.

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Mow grass and other garden type stuff odd times of the week for other peeps.

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Borrow various friends' dogs and walk a few miles.

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Muck about in own greenhouse and work in own garden as often as possible.

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Sort out paperwork for me and other half <groan>

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Work on business computery-type stuff <groan>.

Eat.

Do bl**dy housework.

Eat.

Sit at computer in this forum and pig out on jaffa cakes, toffees, cakes (any kind), chocolate (any kind), Ringtons caramel wafers, Ikea oat biscuits (yummy!), hot chocolate, "ket" (Geordie term for sweets),
crisps, peanuts, cashews, bananas, fruit, whatever I find in the fridge/cupboards/pantry.......:blah:

Guess what - my fingers are lovely and slim !

:lol-053:

OOOO! New smileys creeping into the site. Who's been finding those then? :dog:

pink
15-08-2012, 21:49
Thats so not fair! I,ve been swimming tonight and doing situps etc,about lost half a stone holidau excess and working on losing more...now i,m bloody starving and fancy cake! But alas the cupboards are devoid of yummies..only cake here is soap!

MORGANTHEMOON
15-08-2012, 22:22
Hey MTM

Hows your diet going??
X

Can we talk about the weather Lotty?

I've been on hols so not good I'm afraid but back to it next week;)

Firefox
16-08-2012, 03:27
Can we talk about the weather Lotty?

I've been on hols so not good I'm afraid but back to it next week;)

Morgan you go for it!

We all have bad days and weeks due to outiside circumstance but the more important thing is to forget what has gone and get back on the case.

Aside from my plateaux I don't find it too bad losing weight if I vary diets from week to week but the main thrust I go for is stick to Atkins ideals.

I have most of carbs ATM from veg and some fruit. Avoid white bread, pasta, rice, flour, and sugar. Eat whole foods not processed. If I fancy a bacon sandwich, I have a bacon omlette instead. Can add all kinds of interesting stuff like chopped spring onions, herbs, spices for almost zero extra cals.

kimbowbill
16-08-2012, 06:38

:rabbit::rabbit: well done you, that's a massive achievement

ellisboy
16-08-2012, 06:41
I'm not on a diet! :nothingtoadd: :banana:

Firefox
16-08-2012, 10:59
:rabbit::rabbit: well done you, that's a massive achievement

Thanks Jen.

I'm also bearing your words of wisdom in mind which have helped recently

you are totally responsible for what goes in ya gob, be sensible ;)

And to WVW for telling me to set myself targets. Targets are a good idea. Don't be disappointed if you don't reach them. But if you can get some way there, that's only half as much you need to do for the next target!

MORGANTHEMOON
16-08-2012, 11:11
Morgan you go for it!

We all have bad days and weeks due to outiside circumstance but the more important thing is to forget what has gone and get back on the case.

Aside from my plateaux I don't find it too bad losing weight if I vary diets from week to week but the main thrust I go for is stick to Atkins ideals.

I have most of carbs ATM from veg and some fruit. Avoid white bread, pasta, rice, flour, and sugar. Eat whole foods not processed. If I fancy a bacon sandwich, I have a bacon omlette instead. Can add all kinds of interesting stuff like chopped spring onions, herbs, spices for almost zero extra cals.

I agree Vern make the food interesting which I try to achieve but some weeks life is rush rush rush! and I struggle a little but I will be back on it from Monday.
Going to struggle on the Wales meet in three weeks time as it sounds like the things folks are baking to bring along sound to tempting.

mariesnowgoose
16-08-2012, 11:17
You know what I always think?

If I don't eat that cream cake now, I may get run over by a bus in the next few hours and I'll die never having had my cake and eaten it.
Now that WOULD be tragic! :scared::lol-053:

Guess that's why I've never dieted, though I'll probably pay for it in the next few years.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/glasscat33/Smilies/full-full-food-fat-smiley-emoticon-.gif

Firefox
16-08-2012, 11:56
I agree Vern make the food interesting which I try to achieve but some weeks life is rush rush rush! and I struggle a little but I will be back on it from Monday.
Going to struggle on the Wales meet in three weeks time as it sounds like the things folks are baking to bring along sound to tempting.

One of my fave meals at the moment is wild rocket salad.

Get a big bowl. Fill with rocket leaves, drop in 15 cherry tomatos, 7 or 8 mushrooms broken up, some chopped spring onions (optional). 100-150g of smoked salmon/skinless chicken/tinned fish or two chopped hardboiled eggs or other lean meat or fish. Lots of herbs and spices to taste. Mix all together. Takes 3 mins to prepare. Whole lot is only about 400 calories. There's so much bulk in the rocket, mushrooms and tomatoes you will be stuffed for 6 hours on almost no calories. You can live on 3 bowls of this a day for a week, varying the meat and veg. Lots of nutrients, Only 1200 cals per day

MORGANTHEMOON
16-08-2012, 12:07
One of my fave meals at the moment is wild rocket salad.

Get a big bowl. Fill with rocket leaves, drop in 15 cherry tomatos, 7 or 8 mushrooms broken up, some chopped spring onions (optional). 100-150g of smoked salmon/skinless chicken/tinned fish or two chopped hardboiled eggs or other lean meat or fish. Lots of herbs and spices to taste. Mix all together. Takes 3 mins to prepare. Whole lot is only about 400 calories. There's so much bulk in the rocket, mushrooms and tomatoes you will be stuffed for 6 hours on almost no calories. You can live on 3 bowls of this a day for a week, varying the meat and veg. Lots of nutrients, Only 1200 cals per day

Sounds good Vern. I love rocket.

I do something similar to take to work and I nibble all day, stops me going to the canteen.

lotty
16-08-2012, 12:31
[QUOTE=MORGANTHEMOON;226032]Can we talk about the weather Lotty?

I've been on hols so not good I'm afraid but back to it next week;)[

Your allowed a break off it for a holiday. Nothing worse than going on hols and having to watch what you eat! I think it does you good to have a break off a diet, they can get a bit boing.

Xx

Daiboy
16-08-2012, 12:32
Hi all, I too can struggle with my weight having always been super fit but now with nadgered knees. I use a combination of Cambridge and Atkins (very low carb). The Cambridge shakes, soups and bars are very easy and convenient and I have a good blowout in the evening. I can lose a stone in about a month this way. As soon as I get down to 14 stone I go back to my old ways lots of bread, cakes and potatoes. I'm in remission at the moment (on the way back up) it takes me about 4/5 months to get up to 15stone and the back on the diet.

Probably not too healthy doing it this way, but I love my food and whiskey and love cooking especially whilst away in the MH. Judging by the events coming up, Welsh meet, Southern Frosties meet and a few local weekends with my caravanning friends, I'll be back on the diet during November to give me my freedom for Christmas festivities.

Roll on Xmas let's have some nuts. (sorry for those with an allergy but has has been pointed out before you may be on the wrong forum).LOL :banana::banana::lol-049:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-08-2012, 12:35
[QUOTE=MORGANTHEMOON;226032]Can we talk about the weather Lotty?

I've been on hols so not good I'm afraid but back to it next week;)[

Your allowed a break off it for a holiday. Nothing worse than going on hols and having to watch what you eat! I think it does you good to have a break off a diet, they can get a bit boing.

Xx

I feel better now Lotty thanks.

kangooroo
16-08-2012, 12:40
Dieting to lose weight seems to be a popular thread but is anyone here adopting a diet to try and *gain* weight?!!

I've tried all sorts of diets to do this but none work. I've only put on about 3kg since my teens and no matter how much I eat, or what I eat, my weight simply won't budge from 53kg. I'd happily acquire someone's surplus kgs, if only that would work....

pink
16-08-2012, 22:05
yes, the other end of the scale (no pun intended ) can prove just as fustrating..a friend of mine could never put any weight on, had to buy childrens clothes etc, but she found out she had an overactive thyroid...

I,m no good at this dieting lark...have been monitoring what i eat all day, nice, healthy salmon salad for dinner etc etc...only to be given a fresh cream donut tonight :tongue:..tut..i know i could have refused..but it would have been rude to do so..

Have learned one thing though...don,t tell anyone that you,re dieting!!

Firefox
16-08-2012, 23:52
Have learned one thing though...don't tell anyone that you're dieting!!

I'm the opposite, I always say. Otherwise how do they know not to put dough-nuts under my nose :lol-053:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-08-2012, 23:54
I'm the opposite, I always say. Otherwise how do they know not to put dough-nuts under my nose :lol-053:

I'm not sure about that Vern some sickos like to tempt us.

Firefox
17-08-2012, 00:08
I'm not sure about that Vern some sickos like to tempt us.

I know, but then it's plan B, I can refuse without giving offence!

I usually don't like to refuse if someone has got something or made something for me.

MORGANTHEMOON
17-08-2012, 00:14
I know, but then it's plan B, I can refuse without giving offence!

I usually don't like to refuse if someone has got something or made something for me.

Yes I know what you mean Vern.
My mother in law sends fattening foods over for me and I have to pretend I've eaten it and it was lovely.
Just can't hurt her feelings.
She's going to make some Welsh cakes for the Wales meet.

barryd
17-08-2012, 06:32
Im now on the last stages of my diet which has lasted since last June and probably saved my life. I say diet but most of it has been down to getting away in the van and getting active again.

Winter 2010/11 I had got up to over 20 stone, drank way too much, never did any excercise, was riddled with gout and Arthritis and I was just 45. A life of excess had taken its toll.

When we went away last summer in early June for five months to Europe I just turned my life around. I stopped drinking pretty much during the week except a little bit mid week and then a good booze up (once) over the weekend, ate less and just got out more when out and about. When we returned in November I was 17 stone and over the winter I got back into the gym and when we left again this June I was about 16 stone. Been away since early June again (now in Italy) and although I havent been weighed I reckon Im well under 15 now. Maybe 14 stone or so. Thats 5-6 stone lost now in 14 months or so.

What I found after getting back into the gym is you start to crave exercise and even enjoy it. I tend to listen to loud rock music and just loose myself and go mental with my workout. I even do it out here. There are photos on our blog of me working out on Aires and Sostas like a right pillock!

I think once you see that first stone or so come off and you feel and see the difference youve broken the back of it and for me I wont go back. The difference on this trip has been amazing. I can climb mountains FFS! I used to just look at them over me beer can.

dont get me wrong I still love all the wrong things. Most Friday or Saturday nights you will see me neck enough beer to fall over and I no doubt some nice cheese but I make up for it and it just becomes the norm.

If you look at our various blogs on Hank the Tank Motorhome website (http://www.hankthetank.co.uk) apart from last year and more so this year there are hardly any photos of me, now there are so many Im becoming vain! :D

Forget any quick fix diets off magazines or the telly or pills or products to make you thin. Thats all bollox. There is no quick fix or easy way but it doesnt have to be hardship and can even be enjoyable. Its simple. Just put less in your mouth and get out more.

Firefox
14-09-2012, 16:21
I've finally managed to break my 14 stone plateau. I'm down to 13 stone 7" now.

I'm doing the on day/off day diet. Though a few camping weekends have put a bit of a spanner in the works :(

Off days: 3 a week usually Mon/Wed/Fri 500 calories , Usually 3-4 packets of instant oats (eaten dry) throughout the day and one or two whole grapefruits and lots of water.

On days: As above but a couple of 400 calorie meals consisting of wild rocket or spinach or watercress salad with cherry tomatoes, raw mushrooms, salmon/chicken/shellfish/beef/fish/hard boiled eggs. May also have snacks of cherries, bananas, beetroot, apples, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, strawberries, broccoli, green beans, avocado, asparagus. Total 1300-1400 cals.

Dressings: a little olive oil or butter sometimes. Spices: salt (minimal), pepper, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, tarragon, fenugreek. Drink: Coffee/Tea/Water/soda water

Prohibitions: No alcohol (except when I cheat!). No fruit juices - whole fruits only. No sugar, No flour, No processed food or ready meals or junk food.

Biggest failings: Alcohol and eating late

This diet really works, and all the foods are superfoods for a healthy heart and body. The trouble is you have to go to a supermarket to buy stuff to eat. Most shops are piled high with biscuits, cakes, crisps, chocolate, processed junk food, and cans of fizzy drink full of sugar. Your average convenience store is chock full of complete crap food. We are continually encouraged to eat crap by what is readily available.

Exercise: This is the hard part! At least 50 climbs of the 36 steps to the office per day. That's 1800 steps a day, 360m or a 1200 foot climb. At least 1 hours brisk walking a day (3-4 miles).

herbenny
14-09-2012, 16:42
Thats great vernon well done that sounds like a good eating plan. I like all of them foods but I would have to have a sneaky chocolate bar. I maight go back to eatin Oatbran and yogurt for breakfat and snacking on fruit throughout the day. You have done amazing and I bet you feel better for it :dance:

Firefox
14-09-2012, 16:52
Thanks - am feeling a lot better. I always used to be very fit and sporty, but the 40's can catch up you very quick!

I do cheat and have the odd bit of choc. I like popping candy chocolate and chocolate raisins. But that's not my main failing. I have ruined a few good 500 calorie days by binging on list (good) foods or alcohol just before I go to bed. That's very bad practice cos that etxra 500 cals will probably become fat when you sleep and negate the whole days work. So you don't gain, but you don't lose either and continue a plateau.

yorkslass
14-09-2012, 19:55
Dieting to lose weight seems to be a popular thread but is anyone here adopting a diet to try and *gain* weight?!!

I've tried all sorts of diets to do this but none work. I've only put on about 3kg since my teens and no matter how much I eat, or what I eat, my weight simply won't budge from 53kg. I'd happily acquire someone's surplus kgs, if only that would work....

call me altruistic but i would happily send you some my kilos if only i could. a couple of years ago i did lose two and a half stone but unfortunately some of it has gone back on [mainly booze }:hammer:

Firefox
14-09-2012, 19:58
I've offered to swap a few kg with Kangooroo. It hasn't worked so far though :(

It would be brilliant if I could have a few drinks, put on a few kg and then give them to her to quickly lose!

MORGANTHEMOON
14-09-2012, 22:09

Ah but you don't drink beer Kangooroo.

Firefox
14-09-2012, 22:28
Yes it's easy using beer or orange juice or coke comes to the same thing.

4 pints of any and that's 800 calories.

2 hours of stair climbing needed to shift that lot.... Ever tried two hours of stair climbing anyone! That's not easy :(

MORGANTHEMOON
14-09-2012, 22:30
Yes it's easy using beer or orange juice or coke comes to the same thing.

4 pints of any and that's 800 calories.

2 hours of stair climbing needed to shift that lot.... Ever tried two hours of stair climbing anyone! That's not easy :(

You aint got stairs in your van Vern.

kangooroo
15-09-2012, 00:32
Ah but you don't drink beer Kangooroo.

No, but I do eat far too much chocolate which is supposed to help pile on the kgs - only it doesn't work for me.

I gave up crisps and lost 2kg - so they're back again now!

kangooroo
15-09-2012, 00:33
I've offered to swap a few kg with Kangooroo. It hasn't worked so far though :(
It would be brilliant if I could have a few drinks, put on a few kg and then give them to her to quickly lose!

I'm sure I could burn them off for you. The problem is how to transfer them to me.....!

Firefox
15-09-2012, 00:33
I know, I forgot to design some in! Maybe just step in and out a load of times?!

MORGANTHEMOON
15-09-2012, 09:54
I know, I forgot to design some in! Maybe just step in and out a load of times?!

That'll do Vern.

antiquesam
15-09-2012, 11:26
The hardest thing I have found to losing weight or cutting down on the booze is finding a grown up, not sickly sweet, non alcoholic drink to have in a pub. You can't even buy a tomato juice in Wetherspoons anymore. I did find a pub once with a menu of interesting drinks, but it seems to be a one off.

MORGANTHEMOON
15-09-2012, 11:31
The hardest thing I have found to losing weight or cutting down on the booze is finding a grown up, not sickly sweet, non alcoholic drink to have in a pub. You can't even buy a tomato juice in Wetherspoons anymore. I did find a pub once with a menu of interesting drinks, but it seems to be a one off.

I agree with you.
I get most depressed sitting there with a diet coke, I like a pint of beer, cider or lager in front of me. I don't mind a malt whiskey but I drink it to fast.

Firefox
15-09-2012, 11:51
I go for pints of soda water or order a half a lager in a pint glass and then topped up with soda water.

It looks just like a pale lager. OK it is 100 cals for the 1/2 lager, but you still have the feel of drinking pints and with the fizzy soda you can't drink more than 2 or 3 of of those. 200-300 cals from a session is quite different from having 5 pints and taking on 1000 extra.

It's somewhat of an aquired taste, but works for me!

MORGANTHEMOON
15-09-2012, 12:03
I go for pints of soda water or order a half a lager in a pint glass and then topped up with soda water.

It looks just like a pale lager. OK it is 100 cals for the 1/2 lager, but you still have the feel of drinking pints and with the fizzy soda you can't drink more than 2 or 3 of of those. 200-300 cals from a session is quite different from having 5 pints and taking on 1000 extra.

It's somewhat of an aquired taste, but works for me!

I didn't notice the Butty bach fizzing Vern lol.

But it makes sense what you are saying.

Firefox
15-09-2012, 12:17
It would have been sacrilege to water down Butty Bach with soda... I only do it with cheap lager like fosters which tastes ie kangaroo's pee anyway :lol-053:

MORGANTHEMOON
15-09-2012, 12:22
It would have been sacrilege to water down Butty Bach with soda... I only do it with cheap lager like fosters which tastes ie kangaroo's pee anyway :lol-053:

Bloody right to Vern.

Firefox
15-09-2012, 13:17
Lunch: I packet rocket, 10 cherry tomotoes, 1 200g can pink salmon, 6 button mushrooms, 1 large onion chopped, seasonings: ginger, pepper, lemon juice, garlic puree. Mix together in a large bowl adding more ginger, lemon juice and pepper as you go. Total 400 calories.

kangooroo
15-09-2012, 14:43

I'm glad you spelled that carefully. So many mis-spell my username! ;)

Firefox
15-09-2012, 14:49
I had to think about it... I am used to spelling it with two oo's

I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea :o :lol-053:

MORGANTHEMOON
05-11-2012, 20:19
Back on the old diet this last 10days and in a positive frame of mind feelin better already.
went all last week without booze had 4plnts of coors light yesterday to keep me sane.
looked at a few healthy ideas firefox has put on this thread and they sound good so will be buying some healthy ingredients this week.

maingate
05-11-2012, 21:07
You should have looked after yourself better in the past.

I have no weight problems. In fact I can still wear my wifes dresses. :D

MORGANTHEMOON
05-11-2012, 21:10
You should have looked after yourself better in the past.

I have no weight problems. In fact I can still wear my wifes dresses. :D

So i've heard lol

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS