PDA

View Full Version : Chit Chat Thread

vindiboy
22-07-2012, 17:27
This thread has no Topic so you can't go off thread, what did you do today, we went to a Car Boot sale this morning very eerie in the field, low mist and sunny, it got to 27 * here today lovely change from the rain, we were going to a rally CCC but it was cancelled because the field was waterlogged still, picked some Plums of our Plum tree , and just about to get the Barbi smokin to cook some great Sea Bass we got from Asda 2 each, large fish too.All good, Lager and Wine chilled as I am.

lotty
22-07-2012, 17:34
I've finally finished the last of my house viewings today, 14 houses viewed in 14 days. Think we've found the one but don't want to get excited yet as the luck we've had with things so far, anything could happen!
Got back and weeded the back garden while enjoying this rare sunshine.
Sat chillin now with a Stella Cidre watching the golf, enjoying seeing big Ern win and waiting for hubby to cook my tea! mmm
:cheers:

moonshadow
22-07-2012, 17:40
Will keep everything crossed for you. We have spent the day tidying the garden after coming back from a wet holiday, surprisingly stuff hasn't grown much but we must have some very fat slugs and snails as we have few veg left. Eating in the garden this evening, got to make the most of it as we don't know how long it will last!

kernowprickles
22-07-2012, 17:48
Had a lovely weekend on a rally with Cornwall BCC, so nice to sit out in the sun at last! We had to leave earlier than usual because the site had received loads of bookings and they needed the pitches; good news for them, even if it wasn't so good for us! Such a pity we didn't have this weather last weekend for the St Day meet, but better late than never.

Hope you all get a chance to enjoy the sunshine!

n brown
22-07-2012, 17:50
went to a boot sale,bought the usual -one book, then later went to a flower and veg show in an attempt to soak up a bit of british culture,but it was just not interesting enough,and the WI cake stall had dry cakes.but driving in my van round somerset on a sunny day with all the gardens in bloom-can't beat it.as for plums,ours fell half formed off the tree weeks ago,but looks likea good year for apples.the pond my wife built a few months ago is now a little world,the fish are doing fine and the tadpoles i nicked from a public pond have become frogs,and yesterday there was a small snake swimming in it,so watch out froggy!the squirrels are running round like loonies and i saw a full grown deer outside my fence.hawks are still bringing down woodpigeons and eating them behind the shed,i'm a city boy and i love all this stuff

angelaa
22-07-2012, 18:12
Went for a lovely walk with hubby and dog on old colwyn beach, before heading home. Then once home decided to give the motorhome a good wash. Had hoped it had sold on e bay as hoping to change it, but trade in price too low. Then spent rest of the day tidying up garden. ovel weather makes a change.

Derek Doyle
22-07-2012, 18:21
We got up late this morning and walked the dogs on Flitwick moor, when we got home I used some stale bread to make a bread pudding and then took the water tank off the camper to find the leak(which was in the filler pipe!) then just lazed in the back garden,listening to BBC radio 2 & drinking red wine!
Happy days! :D

jackslad
22-07-2012, 18:50
took dog a long walk,watched Bradley win the tour de france,watched formula one,checked on here to see whats new,heck it nearly bed time,where did the weekend go?

maingate
22-07-2012, 19:18
Walked the dogs as usual this morning (and reduced the Rabbit population by one). We are off tomorrow to the C & CC THS at Beadnell tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Although we are returning for a couple of days in the middle as it is the 16th birthday of our Granddaughter. So, we have been getting the van ready today.

John H
22-07-2012, 19:34
Had a very pleasant lunch in the sunshine with six good friends and then returned to see a recording of Cav winning the final stage of the Tour de France with Bradley and Chris breaking virtually every record in the books. Now that I don't have to drive again today I will shortly open a bottle or two of the old red (French of course!) to celebrate a great day. :D

Teffy
22-07-2012, 19:38
This thread has no Topic so you can't go off thread, what did you do today, we went to a Car Boot sale this morning very eerie in the field, low mist and sunny, it got to 27 * here today lovely change from the rain, we were going to a rally CCC but it was cancelled because the field was waterlogged still, picked some Plums of our Plum tree , and just about to get the Barbi smokin to cook some great Sea Bass we got from Asda 2 each, large fish too.All good, Lager and Wine chilled as I am.

I wonder if you were being ever so slightly sarcastic? If so it failed, because it's a really nice thread with interesting things to read. I envy you your plum tree, I wish I had one. Had to make do with picking redcurrants, which this year are the most enormous I've had, ready to make some jelly tomorrow. I had a nice long chat with my son in Bristol, when we set the world to rights, then a shorter one with my son who is working in Iraq at the moment. Ham and eggs for tea and that's another Sunday gone!

antiquesam
22-07-2012, 20:03
I looked at the grass growing and thought about getting the lawnmower out, fortunately that idea quickly faded so caught a bus (pass in hand) to Emsworth and had a walk along the coast watching these energetic types playing at sailing but it was all too tiring so stopped for a cup of tea and went home.

tiderus
22-07-2012, 20:03
Hi all, Started like most with a trip to the car boot / market.

Man selling candy floss didn't sell one all day,

Says it's his last day doing markets, and didn't help been next to the icecream wagon.

All traders are saying business going fast.

So back home to give the dog Clump a hair cut.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv350/tiderus/P1080310.jpg

By jove wev'e a lot to be proud of.

Offered to do the wifes. Says she'll leave it for now. Can't understand it, she wanted to have it done yesterday?

Any one wanting a quick trim on one of our meets, feel free to ask.

With a bit of practice It might lead to a career in said subject.

What do you think. Marks out of ten. (Probably run out of paper).

Doesn't it make you feel a lump in your throat, and its only my first time? :lol-049:

Neckender
22-07-2012, 20:22
Just enjoyed the sun today makes you feel great to be alive.

John.

Go wild
22-07-2012, 21:27
Been working up to 8 o clock today, damm olympics! :mad2:

vindiboy
22-07-2012, 22:42
11-30 pm, just been out the front to see some friends off, wow what a beautiful Starry night sky, feels as is you can touch them.

kernowprickles
22-07-2012, 23:20
So back home to give the dog Clump a hair cut.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv350/tiderus/P1080310.jpg

What do you think. Marks out of ten. (Probably run out of paper).

Doesn't it make you feel a lump in your throat, and its only my first time? :lol-049:

Sorry, but it makes me think of the Specsavers ad where the shepherd shears the sheepdog; your dog has the same kind of "What the hell just happened to me???" look! :lol-049:

Seriously, I think you did a great job, especially for a first time, and with this lovely warm weather Clump will be very grateful!!

Old_Arthur
23-07-2012, 06:00
:wave: :wave: stayed out again last night:scared: first time since last octember that we have overstayed see what today bring's might get a full week

vindiboy
23-07-2012, 10:52
Beautiful day here in the sunny South, been to the Dentist today and had an extraction, as a prelude to further work.My wife is in the Kitchen making cakes and Cheese and Bacon puff Pastry Savouries, the aroma is driving me mad as I cant eat for 24 hours, torture or what?

Teffy
23-07-2012, 20:09
Beautiful day here in the sunny South, been to the Dentist today and had an extraction, as a prelude to further work.My wife is in the Kitchen making cakes and Cheese and Bacon puff Pastry Savouries, the aroma is driving me mad as I cant eat for 24 hours, torture or what?

Poor you! Hope you're soon better and can eat all the goodies.

vindiboy
24-07-2012, 10:14
we have been buying this product from LIDL for several years now and it is delicious, but lately it has disappeared from their shelves, I have E Mailed Lidl to ask them to reinstate it so we can carry on enjoying it, 3 days after my E Mail I had a phone call from them saying that they cannot trace the product and could I 692069216922send them a Bar Code number which I did, at least Lidl respond to customer enquires, good for them.

Funky Farmer
24-07-2012, 18:13
Today my lappy had her heart transplant and is doing very well. There isn't that exciting? It is around here :wacko:

Tonight for dinner we are having cheese and onion flan, new potatoes. straight out of the ground, fresh peas and tomatoes. Hurry up Jess, I be starvin'

Teffy
24-07-2012, 20:59
Oooo those potatoes sound gorgeous! Hope your computer is recovering!

lotty
24-07-2012, 21:10
Today my lappy had her heart transplant and is doing very well. There isn't that exciting? It is around here :wacko:

Tonight for dinner we are having cheese and onion flan, new potatoes. straight out of the ground, fresh peas and tomatoes. Hurry up Jess, I be starvin'

I love cheese and onion flan, mmm :tongue:

Funky Farmer
24-07-2012, 21:37
I love cheese and onion flan, mmm :tongue:
There is a bit left if you hurry

herbenny
25-07-2012, 07:06
Good Morning :wave::wave:The weather here today is luvvverrrrly :cool: ....Its going to get to 28 today which is good enough for me. Got a cancellation from the hospital today for my scan, I am sooooo relieved although I feel I bit of a fraud because I have managed to control pain for a good two weeks. Going to a camping shop on the way home to look at porch awnings as we have decided that we definatly would like one. Then going to sit in my garden and work on the tan(sensibly of course). and read read and read. I love this time off work and think I should be a lady of leisure and let himenny bring in the money :lol-053:if only life could be that simple !!!.

Have a nice day everyone :wave:

mark61
25-07-2012, 07:35
Love going to camping shops too.
Hardly ever buy anything though. :lol-049:

Admin
25-07-2012, 12:43
if only life could be that simple !!!.

It can you just need to know the secret!

Bigpeetee
25-07-2012, 13:02
Getting ready to lay a block paving path at the front of the house.

The sewerage intercept was damaged so needing replacement, so when the contractors for Welsh Water were here doing it, I borrowed their breaker to smash up the concrete path.

I hasten to say that this job had been waiting for over 8 years!!

Once I had broken it, there's no going back!!

I've had the blocks for over 3 years taking up space so it needs to be done, little at a time, stop the back going altogether.

Just about wacked the hardcore down, I'm using a ground slate for the base, it compacts down well and you don't need to put concrete sand down under the blocks.

I'll be glad when it's done.

Will have a load of spare blocks for Ebay as well as the Wacker plate.

herbenny
25-07-2012, 13:30
It can you just need to know the secret!

:lol-053: Well done Phil you got me....I got the thought and desire in me ..I dont need to know how I am getting there. Paddle down stream and just go with it .........Isnt it just the best feeling in the world when you just get... 'IT' !!! and your right in there in the centre of your vortex !!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO:banana:

lotty
25-07-2012, 17:57
I'm starting to get scared now! Been wanting my house sale to go through for so long, then all of a sudden I get the call on Monday, come in and sign contracts Tuesday, you've got to be out by next Thursday!:scared:
Havn't dared to look for a house until this last week or so, The one we want won't take an offer and can't find a rental property cus of the dog!! Looks like I'm going to be living in the van at this rate:juggle:
Anyone in Stoke got a big driveway :lol-053:

herbenny
25-07-2012, 18:04
I'm starting to get scared now! Been wanting my house sale to go through for so long, then all of a sudden I get the call on Monday, come in and sign contracts Tuesday, you've got to be out by next Thursday!:scared:
Havn't dared to look for a house until this last week or so, The one we want won't take an offer and can't find a rental property cus of the dog!! Looks like I'm going to be living in the van at this rate:juggle:
Anyone in Stoke got a big driveway :lol-053:

Lotty thats great news about your house I know how much its been getting to you....try not to worry everything will fall into place you just wait and see ;)

moonshadow
25-07-2012, 18:07
Completion should be a date agreed by both parties the buyer and the seller. Good luck!

moonshadow
25-07-2012, 18:14
Good Morning :wave::wave:The weather here today is luvvverrrrly :cool: ....Its going to get to 28 today which is good enough for me. Got a cancellation from the hospital today for my scan, I am sooooo relieved although I feel I bit of a fraud because I have managed to control pain for a good two weeks. Going to a camping shop on the way home to look at porch awnings as we have decided that we definatly would like one. Then going to sit in my garden and work on the tan(sensibly of course). and read read and read. I love this time off work and think I should be a lady of leisure and let himenny bring in the money :lol-053:if only life could be that simple !!!.

Have a nice day everyone :wave:

Hope all goes well with the scan and it's nothing untoward. Hope to catch up with you at southern Frosties. We did look at coming to ferring this weekend but a bit far for a couple of nights. Our cat feeder, next door neighbour, can't do it anymore as her husband is terminally I'll and not got very long. So as there is no-one else we can only go out for 2 days at a time. Must look into the commercial pet sitting people only thing is they come in a van that says what they do and that advertises that we are not here, having been burgled 3 years ago don't want to risk it again not that's there's anything worth taking anymore, the cat maybe!

herbenny
25-07-2012, 18:35
Hope all goes well with the scan and it's nothing untoward. Hope to catch up with you at southern Frosties. We did look at coming to ferring this weekend but a bit far for a couple of nights. Our cat feeder, next door neighbour, can't do it anymore as her husband is terminally I'll and not got very long. So as there is no-one else we can only go out for 2 days at a time. Must look into the commercial pet sitting people only thing is they come in a van that says what they do and that advertises that we are not here, having been burgled 3 years ago don't want to risk it again not that's there's anything worth taking anymore, the cat maybe!

Hi Sue .....Ferring is lovely would be nice if you could make it up some time. I didnt even know about it until we went with other some weeks back......I am fine thankyou I got some answers today after all these months of thinking it was indegestion it seems I have a nice big juicy gallstone and its a whoppa by all accounts ....I dont do things by halves :lol-053:

Anyway look forward to seeing you again soon I hope x

vindiboy
25-07-2012, 19:51
Anyone in Stoke got a big driveway :lol-053: The Dog must have heard that now he is stressed LOL

lotty
25-07-2012, 19:54
In this market take the money and go tomorrow if that is what the buyer wants ! :banana:

yeah thats what i'm doing. Already fallen through 3 times so this time I'm just glad to get as far as signing! lol :banana:

moonshadow
25-07-2012, 19:56
Hi Sue .....Ferring is lovely would be nice if you could make it up some time. I didnt even know about it until we went with other some weeks back......I am fine thankyou I got some answers today after all these months of thinking it was indegestion it seems I have a nice big juicy gallstone and its a whoppa by all accounts ....I dont do things by halves :lol-053:

Low fat diet then?

lotty
25-07-2012, 19:57

aw Jac I'm sorry I didn't notice in your post about your scan, how selfish of me! How do they get rid of your giant gallsone? :rolleyes2:
:goodluck:

herbenny
25-07-2012, 20:17
Low fat diet then?

Yes very much so Sue...needed to do it anyway as I havent been looking after myself for over a year and I have let myself go to rack and ruin :sad: never mind.
Feel great already no bread for three days :banana: ....I.m on a roll pardon the pun :D

herbenny
25-07-2012, 20:23
aw Jac I'm sorry I didn't notice in your post about your scan, how selfish of me! How do they get rid of your giant gallsone? :rolleyes2:
:goodluck:

Dont be silly Lotty .....I am forever missing posts I only found out last week there is a black hole :wacko: where did that come from :lol-053:. They have told me the gallbladder will have to come out its a simple op though. I was relieved I thought I was going to have to sneeze and hope for the best :lol-053:

moonshadow
30-07-2012, 07:50
Sorry to hear that Jac, bit slow catching up have been offline for a few days except a bit of wifi in a pub! All the best with it. X

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS