PDA

View Full Version : Lytham st annes, salters wharf carvery, swimming pool and cinema

susie55
23-07-2012, 17:14
Hi all
Just reading someones thread re staying overninght on this carpark. We have purchased motorhome to take 84year old mother to see the country, just riding round lytham looking and saw a car park warden and asked where to stay overnight. She was very helpful and directed us to this ca rpark, it is quies (at the moment) and overlooking the sea. Car parking charges apply during day, but overning is 5 after 6pm until 10am this is a trial and feedback is requested by the council. The more people use this the better. at least the council are getting some revenue and we have some facilities (toilets in the pub) and safety in numbers. Also dont have to drive to go out for the night, if you require. I read someone elses question on 11.7.12 so this must be a new idea to boost tourism as there are large signs saying overnight motorhomes welcome.
Will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I really need somewhere safe as we have an elderly lady with us.
Sue and Paul

rebbyvid
18-09-2012, 18:48
Was in Blackpool sunday and had a day in St Annes/Lytham mon so thought i would call at the dedicated motorhome parking spot to see if it was being used ,sadly it was completley empty and i think my pics will show why ,as you can only use the centre bays and as my van is less than 6'6 wide and only 5.75metres there is not much room for a coachbuilt.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/st%20annes%20parking/DSC_0142.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/st%20annes%20parking/DSC_0140.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/st%20annes%20parking/DSC_0138.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/st%20annes%20parking/DSC_0139.jpg

daz
18-09-2012, 19:15
Small world, I saw that van yesterday, it looks like the weather has improved since we got home.

AndyC
19-09-2012, 09:09
Was in Blackpool sunday and had a day in St Annes/Lytham mon so thought i would call at the dedicated motorhome parking spot to see if it was being used ,sadly it was completley empty and i think my pics will show why ,as you can only use the centre bays and as my van is less than 6'6 wide and only 5.75metres there is not much room for a coachbuilt.

I asked Fylde BC about daytime parking for motorhomes when the overnight parking facility was first introduced.

This is the reply from Andrew Loynd, Principal Car Parking and Energy Officer

The standard conditions for this long stay car park are:

Up to 2 hours: 2.10
2-3 hours: 2.70
3-4 hours: 3.20
Over 4 hours: 4.30

These are per parking bay. On our council forum a lot of the discussion from motorhomers is to find out what dimensions fit into the bays. The bays are approximately 5m long and about 2.5m wide. The issue is then what would be enforced on for out of bay.

Having spoken to my CEOs the key aspect for the length requirement is that the wheels fit within the bays so as to avoid an 'out of bay' contravention. This means that the body length may be longer than the bays. However the vehicle can not protrude so far as to cause an obstruction to other vehicles travelling around the car park. If they do impact on other vehicles movement then the contravention would be at the higher rate.

As an obstruction would be on a case-by-case basis I can not provide your members with a definitive answer with regard how long a vehicle can be to fit within a single bay. However any users should be aware that although the roadways between the bays are quite wide, coaches often use this car park to turn around after dropping off children at the swimming pool and the RLNI need clear access to the station in case of emergencies. As such a vehicle can not park in such a way that it may impede any of these. If a user is in doubt it is probably better that they take up two bays and obtain two tickets.

So it seems that, despite the wording on the main parking notice that vehicles must park wholly within a bay (contradicted on the motorhome parking notice), there shouldn't be a problem with daytime parking for motorhomes provided that payment is made per bay occupied.

AndyC

mikejay
08-06-2013, 19:08
Parked here now with a few other fellow members was sat on the sea wall earlier and heard quite a few older folk complaing to each other about the motorhomes parked up. Sat back in my van i watched an old man talking to his son saying something like look at all these motorhomes he then went up to the sign read it then looked at the vans and counted them and said look 5 of them.

Sand55
08-06-2013, 23:25
I live down the road from there, Thornton-Cleveleys. If parking is allowed, then park there. The pub and eatery, is good, and makes a good place to stay for the night. Don't bother about the moaners, they have nothing else to do. On Cleveleys prom ( Anchorlshome ), I go along counting the campervans/ mobile homes, just as a chance to beat the total of last time, lol. They have changed the parking there though, overnight is almost impossible as the limit is from around 2.00 am to 6.00am ( I'm not exact on this ).

Vanterrier
14-12-2014, 21:40
We drove along the seafront in Lytham yesterday and noticed the roadside parking signs stating free parking for 18 Hours max ( no return within an hour)... And there are no bays to overlap for longer vans, you would be on an angle unless you used chocks by the kerb.

Seems like an enlightened council ? Well done to them.

K ;)

muzz
19-02-2015, 17:30
Just spent two nights in the aire behind the pool. After reading some of the posts I was a little hessitant but have to say it's a great place to stop we had no trouble and two perfect nights sleep.

There are now 8 long bays to support MH upto 8M.
Maximum 3 night stop.
5 per night 6pm till 10am
8 for day and night parking
16 for two days two nights.
21 for three days three nights

You have the swiming pool, Cinima (3.50 each) and a toby carvery at you doorstep plus bowling and arcade when open (presume summer months or weekends)

A good place to take the kids and keep them entertained if the weather is poor.
If I have one niggle it was the fellow MH parked for the two nights we stayed who let his waste water empty direct onto the floor. In my mind this is likely to get us a bad name and the only official aire in the area closed.

And a word of warning having parked up on the prom at Blackpool and paid and displayed I was advised by a traffic warden that since October last year there is now a motorhome ban day and night for parking on the prom 70 fine. I dont know the exact details but apparently it is on the pay and display machines if you look. I obviously did,nt
Luckily the chap let me off and just moved me on. We only stopped so the kids could go in an arcade.

antiqueman
19-02-2015, 19:03
Just spent two nights in the aire behind the pool. After reading some of the posts I was a little hessitant but have to say it's a great place to stop we had no trouble and two perfect nights sleep.

There are now 8 long bays to support MH upto 8M.
Maximum 3 night stop.
5 per night 6pm till 10am
8 for day and night parking
16 for two days two nights.
21 for three days three nights

You have the swiming pool, Cinima (3.50 each) and a toby carvery at you doorstep plus bowling and arcade when open (presume summer months or weekends)

A good place to take the kids and keep them entertained if the weather is poor.
If I have one niggle it was the fellow MH parked for the two nights we stayed who let his waste water empty direct onto the floor. In my mind this is likely to get us a bad name and the only official aire in the area closed.

And a word of warning having parked up on the prom at Blackpool and paid and displayed I was advised by a traffic warden that since October last year there is now a motorhome ban day and night for parking on the prom 70 fine. I dont know the exact details but apparently it is on the pay and display machines if you look. I obviously did,nt
Luckily the chap let me off and just moved me on. We only stopped so the kids could go in an arcade.

more business turned away from a town that survives on tourists :blah::rulez:

paul h
19-02-2015, 21:02
i was booked a few weeks ago parked infront of two boarded up hotels on road near pleasure beach in a d shape off the main drag along with another motorhome .As people say i spent the night at lytham st annes had a meal for three at restaurant then pleasure beach for three also so best part of 200 to then be slapped with a fine

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS