PDA

View Full Version : Is it only me, or does anyone else....

Bushtrekker
24-07-2012, 21:26
...wonder why a Syrian Olympic team has been allowed to enter the Country? Another little gem I spotted online recently was about the Sri Lankan shooting team, one of whom is apparently an ex-sniper, who trained as a suicide bomber with the Tamil Tigers. Then there was the policeman alleged to have attended terrorist training camp...

I can't work out what the Government intends to do with 1200 troops, are they expecting an Al Quaeda invasion?

Funky Farmer
24-07-2012, 21:35
...wonder why a Syrian Olympic team has been allowed to enter the Country? Another little gem I spotted online recently was about the Sri Lankan shooting team, one of whom is apparently an ex-sniper, who trained as a suicide bomber with the Tamil Tigers. Then there was the policeman alleged to have attended terrorist training camp...

I can't work out what the Government intends to do with 1200 troops, are they expecting an Al Quaeda invasion?

I can't make out if it is all media hype as usual. All I do know is I will be glad when it is all over.

dave docwra
24-07-2012, 22:23
I can not make out the Games Lanes, why can't everyone stay in the purpose built village including the heads of the IOC, instead of The heads staying in the five star Hilton Hotel on the other side of the city, Then send everyone who needs to attend events around London by public transport, obviously collected from their drop off station & then taken the short distance to their final destination, we keep getting told quite rightly how easy public transport is to use...

Dave.

Firefox
24-07-2012, 22:41
It's a shame to bring politics into sport though. I bet the Syian team want nothing to do with the crap that is going off there. It would be a shame to have your sporting career and chance of a lifetime ruined by matters which were not your fault.

Tony Lee
25-07-2012, 02:54
It's a shame to bring politics into sport though. I bet the Syian team want nothing to do with the crap that is going off there. It would be a shame to have your sporting career and chance of a lifetime ruined by matters which were not your fault.

EXACTLY!!!!

Can you imagine the uproar in Britain if future games were held in Argentina and they banned British athletes because of the Falklands issue.

Bushtrekker
25-07-2012, 05:26
If they were better organised they wouldn't need as many security personnel. Moving targets round London just doesn't make any sense at all, as they are more exposed to attack, having said which, like many people, to me the games are a total waste of public money. My daughter works in London and is having to work from home for the next three weeks because the line she uses to get to work is being used for the Olympics. I would rather she worked from here really, just in case Al Qaeda does stage an attack in London.

With regard to the Syrian team, on the hand William Vague is telling us what an evil regime the Syrian Government is, whilst on the other hand their official representatives are allowed in to compete. If a ban would disrupt their future then tough, it's only sport and far too much emphasis is placed on sport in this Country, with more value being given to the ability to kick a ball, or slide down a slope at ridiculous speeds on a tea tray than on skills of real value to the community. Everyone knows that footballers are paid ridiculous salaries, but what about the tennis millionaires? With certain exceptions, such as politicians and meteorologists, if you screw up in your job you expect to be sacked, not rewarded. Murray lost at Wimbledon, but still picked up more than many people do in a lifetime just for knocking a ball round a tennis court...

As you may have gathered, I'm not a great fan of sport, especially when it replaces the sort of programmes I pay my licence fee for, but it's going to be impossible to get away from it, not just the sport itself, but the has been being paid out of my licence fee to comment on it.(Another nice little earner for retired sports people who can't get a real job.);) If I lived alone, I would just leave the TV off, but as I don't I'll hide in my office for the duration of the games, so I don't have to watch them.

Funky Farmer
25-07-2012, 06:57
If they were better organised they wouldn't need as many security personnel. Moving targets round London just doesn't make any sense at all, as they are more exposed to attack, having said which, like many people, to me the games are a total waste of public money. My daughter works in London and is having to work from home for the next three weeks because the line she uses to get to work is being used for the Olympics. I would rather she worked from here really, just in case Al Qaeda does stage an attack in London.

With regard to the Syrian team, on the hand William Vague is telling us what an evil regime the Syrian Government is, whilst on the other hand their official representatives are allowed in to compete. If a ban would disrupt their future then tough, it's only sport and far too much emphasis is placed on sport in this Country, with more value being given to the ability to kick a ball, or slide down a slope at ridiculous speeds on a tea tray than on skills of real value to the community. Everyone knows that footballers are paid ridiculous salaries, but what about the tennis millionaires? With certain exceptions, such as politicians and meteorologists, if you screw up in your job you expect to be sacked, not rewarded. Murray lost at Wimbledon, but still picked up more than many people do in a lifetime just for knocking a ball round a tennis court...

As you may have gathered, I'm not a great fan of sport, especially when it replaces the sort of programmes I pay my licence fee for, but it's going to be impossible to get away from it, not just the sport itself, but the has been being paid out of my licence fee to comment on it.(Another nice little earner for retired sports people who can't get a real job.);) If I lived alone, I would just leave the TV off, but as I don't I'll hide in my office for the duration of the games, so I don't have to watch them.

Apart from that how are ya? I agree re telly proggies. Things just ain't been the same since they scrapped 'The Magic Roundabout!!!!!' :mad1:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS