PDA

View Full Version : Burton Bradstock

Bushtrekker
25-07-2012, 04:51
The death of a 22 year old following a cliff collapse has been confirmed on the BBC News this morning. I know that area well, as it's where I stop overnight sometimes on the National Trust car park. Despite warnings, there are usually people sitting just under the cliffs sunbathing, which is probably what happened yesterday. I feel sorry for the family of the girl who was killed, as she was just doing what hundreds of people do every year and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I often fish for bass and mackerel off that beach, but always stay well clear of the cliffs as I know just how unstable that whole coastline is.

ellisboy
25-07-2012, 06:07
Yes very sad news and like the case of the two people in the car that were crushed as well ,that's only up the road and just as unlucky being in the wrong place at the wrong time.We often wildcamp up the road from Burton Bradstock and it's quite common to see people climbing over the rocks with their chipping hammers looking for fossils. :hammer:

Chocolate
25-07-2012, 09:19
I agree.....very sad. I've walked along the coastline many times and you can see people standing beneath the cliffs even while small rock falls are happening. I guess people never think it will happen to them.

MORGANTHEMOON
25-07-2012, 10:03
Some people cannot see danger and ignore warning signs.

Crazy!

lotty
25-07-2012, 18:00
very sad news

Millie
25-07-2012, 18:33
As far as I can remember there are no warning signs. We were there a couple of years ago with the C&CC on a holiday meet, they use the farm at the top of that cliff.

Sad times - RIP

vindiboy
25-07-2012, 20:46
Burton Bradstock, Freshwater Bay , West Bay ,these are some of our favourite places, great THS .CCC held bi Annualy at Burton Bradstock6941694269436944, the Cliffs are spectacular but can be very dangerous as we have just seen,and after all the recent rain must be more so,

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS