PDA

View Full Version : Good Mornin'

Funky Farmer
25-07-2012, 06:36
Sun, sun, sun; no comment needed!
Now,that really is good news! Another cup of coffee, a good scratch and a cough and I will be ready to face the world. :o

mariesnowgoose
25-07-2012, 06:40
... a good scratch and a cough ... :o

Too much information for this time in the morning :D

mariesnowgoose
25-07-2012, 06:42
We're grey and overcast with the odd spot of rain :(

Truly, 'tis grim up North.

Funky Farmer
25-07-2012, 06:47

Yep. That Watford is a dank and dismal old place. Dragons live beyond there, or so I am told :scared:

mariesnowgoose
25-07-2012, 06:50
Dragons live beyond there, or so I am told :scared:

My other half thinks I am one.

:p

n brown
25-07-2012, 07:03

yes i'd heard that . but whats the weather doing

mariesnowgoose
25-07-2012, 09:57
yes i'd heard that . but whats the weather doing

Get your specs on Mr Brown. You're more blind than I am and that's saying something.

:lol-053:

ellisboy
25-07-2012, 16:36
:banana: Total SUN. :cool1:

Funky Farmer
25-07-2012, 17:38
:banana: Total SUN. :cool1:
Yeah If you had got up ealier you would realise it has been like that since mornin' !
:dance:

Good tho innit

Teffy
25-07-2012, 20:27
Not one scrap of sun did we have all day today. Still quite warm though.

Funky Farmer
26-07-2012, 08:14
Ow do ... and how we all this glorious mornin'? :dance:

runnach
26-07-2012, 08:29
Pish, another day up a ladder, re-pointing stonework, apart from this, I'm very well thank you :cheers:

oldish hippy
26-07-2012, 08:56
well the suns been up since about 530 ish and still another long day what to do leg s ache but he ho it is quite warm already got to get a laptop i could the sit on the parking space and talk to you lot in fresh air

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 07:20
Good moaning me ducks.

Mr Parcel arrived at eight to pick up a package. Gordon Bennett!!!!! The streets ain't even aired yet:confused:

herbenny
27-07-2012, 07:26
Good Morning Mr Funky Farmer........Ooooo dont you get me all excited :banana: talking of parcels ;). Whats the weather like in your part of the world this morning :confused:

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 07:32
Good Morning Mr Funky Farmer........Ooooo dont you get me all excited :banana: talking of parcels ;). Whats the weather like in your part of the world this morning :confused: Hi
Not bad, a bit cloudy but still warm. Bloomin' pigeons are shouting down me chimney now! Is there no peace?:mad1:

herbenny
27-07-2012, 07:33
Hi
Not bad, a bit cloudy but still warm. Bloomin' pigeons are shouting down me chimney now! Is there no peace?:mad1:

Nooooo not for the wicked as they say ;)

oldish hippy
27-07-2012, 07:39
well it was niceand peacefull here this morning wasnt it herbenny nice chat that was before the rabble had awoken

herbenny
27-07-2012, 07:41
We have been up with the lark havent we OH ...:D greeted the morning with a smile and some toms on toast :tongue::tongue:

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 07:46
well it was niceand peacefull here this morning wasnt it herbenny nice chat that was before the rabble had awoken
Morning Mr Grouchy ;)

Funky Farmer
29-07-2012, 07:53
G'day Cobblers
Another nice one by the looks.:D

Today we will be fiddlin' with the camper and throwing a couple of pints down ones neck. One might even watch a lot of the Olympics when time allows:wacko::wacko:

oldish hippy
30-07-2012, 05:30
well good morning one and all the sun is up mind you we did have thunderstorm here last night and it poured down well hold on while i check how much rain fell will post that in a minute must stop making proper coffee in mornings as i on my third mug already lol

oldish hippy
30-07-2012, 05:32
33.3mm as of 6/36am

1.32283465 inches or 1 5/16thS IN ENGLISH

kimbowbill
30-07-2012, 06:30
Good morning Funkey Farmer, how are you today?

mariesnowgoose
30-07-2012, 06:31
It's grey and raining again here this morning :(

Was lovely yesterday, reckon we're back on the wet, wet, wet path again.

Never mind, plenty of indoorsy jobs to keep one occupied and earn a crust :)

runnach
30-07-2012, 06:34
Still have low front hoovering around here, pondering which point of the compass to head for for a few days???..........decisions, decisions!!

oldish hippy
30-07-2012, 07:18
Well it look like you will have to just suck it up {sorry about the pun} and take pot luck no offence meant just couldnt resist the post mind you think i got worst spelling errors on here

Funky Farmer
30-07-2012, 07:25
Still have low front hoovering around here, pondering which point of the compass to head for for a few days???..........decisions, decisions!!

Yikes!!!! That sounds like the Queen CD. I wanna break free.:lol-053: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYL1vybRU4

Mornin' Kimbo, Runnach, OH and mariesnowgoose. All are bright eyed and somewhat bushy tailed here our part of wild Bedfordshire. The sun is shining, the birds singing and Jessie is chasing puppies. That's it.... The simple life for us :lol-053:

runnach
30-07-2012, 09:25
Having a coffee break, van wouldn't start this morning, it wants to, starter motor not engaging, it's out, going to check it the old way, possibly solenoid problem, I'll give it a boot around the driveway, grease it up, reinstall, should be fine by lunchtime..............I hope???

oldish hippy
30-07-2012, 10:20
on my jap mpv i replaced the brushes on starter motor as it threw wobbly a few times got fed up of sticking in gear and rocking it

ps herbenny likes you post because she can bodgeit well she will have a good try sorry herbenny

herbenny
30-07-2012, 10:35
on my jap mpv i replaced the brushes on starter motor as it threw wobbly a few times got fed up of sticking in gear and rocking it

ps herbenny likes you post because she can bodgeit well she will have a good try sorry herbenny

:lol-053::hammer::lol-053::hammer::lol-053::hammer: I do like a good bodgeit jobby :lol-053::hammer::lol-053::hammer::lol-053::hammer:

runnach
30-07-2012, 21:41
Having a coffee break, van wouldn't start this morning, it wants to, starter motor not engaging, it's out, going to check it the old way, possibly solenoid problem, I'll give it a boot around the driveway, grease it up, reinstall, should be fine by lunchtime..............I hope???

Still at home, mare of day, stripped down starter motor, drier than the Saudi desert. Bendix would not throw out on to flywheel, stripped down solenoid, cleaned and, everything got well lubed up (reads like a Saturday night, eh :lol-053:)

Starter on workmate, connected up via jumpleads. Perfect, spinning free and, bendix shooting forward, job done :hammer:

Bach under motor, re-installed motor, BUT, in my haste first thing in the morning, I forfot to disconnect battery, while tightening + lead back on to motor, I shorted out ratchet on to motor body, big bloody sparks, I shhh......sssshhhiiiii..........got a fright :scared: carried on till all was tight.

Battery back in, NADA, wee cough, thought I possible foobarded the battery when shorting out, battery back out, then did same for citroen battery, then installed in van, turned key, BINGO, purring away like a big 2.5 oil burner does, plan was to leave citroen battery in van, get a new one for van when we returned. UHOH, citroen battery sits under passenger seat, can't lock car :help: had a spanner in my hand, it ended up in river (was a mistake) while venting a few choice words :yeahthat:

Removed battery, re-installed to citroen. Rrrrrrrrrrrrright says moi, I'll borrow merc battery, then remembered, with merc being a female car, she does all sorts of funny things when the battery is removed (it does sound like a Saturday night:yeahthat: too)

BTW, I'm into afternoon by this time. I took big beast of van battery round back to my workshop (nearly had a hernia hauling the damn thing round) stuck it on trickle charger, Hmmmmmmmmm, battery didn't register as fully drained, acid was up to the correct mark too (thought I maybe buckled the lead plates when I fffff......fffuuuuuuu shorted on van body :sad:)

Took battery up to my mates garage, for to power test, damn thing registered very ok, on meter. Back down road to home, scratching napper :rolleyes: had a look at battery connectors, I noticed - brass connector had a crack, which meant, poor connection, took it off, silver soldered crack, re-fitted, then reinstalled original battery, turned ignition key, BINGO, purring away like a big 2.5 oil burner does.

I'm puzzled as to why citroen battery turned engine, possibly a better fit at post?

THEN.............. put EHU back on for fridge and, to charge up batteries, no green light to indicate power to leisure battery, more choice words, more spanners in river!! Meter out, started to pull fuses, found it, changed it, job done, by this time I could feel a lager attack building :beer: so I had one, then another, then cleaned up.

What a bloody day, all ready for the off tomorrow though :wave:

herbenny
30-07-2012, 21:47
Still at home, mare of day, stripped down starter motor, drier than the Saudi desert. Bendix would not throw out on to flywheel, stripped down solenoid, cleaned and, everything got well lubed up (reads like a Saturday night, eh :lol-053:)

Starter on workmate, connected up via jumpleads. Perfect, spinning free and, bendix shooting forward, job done :hammer:

Bach under motor, re-installed motor, BUT, in my haste first thing in the morning, I forfot to disconnect battery, while tightening + lead back on to motor, I shorted out ratchet on to motor body, big bloody sparks, I shhh......sssshhhiiiii..........got a fright :scared: carried on till all was tight.

Battery back in, NADA, wee cough, thought I possible foobarded the battery when shorting out, battery back out, then did same for citroen battery, then installed in van, turned key, BINGO, purring away like a big 2.5 oil burner does, plan was to leave citroen battery in van, get a new one for van when we returned. UHOH, citroen battery sits under passenger seat, can't lock car :help: had a spanner in my hand, it ended up in river (was a mistake) while venting a few choice words :yeahthat:

Removed battery, re-installed to citroen. Rrrrrrrrrrrrright says moi, I'll borrow merc battery, then remembered, with merc being a female car, she does all sorts of funny things when the battery is removed (it does sound like a Saturday night:yeahthat: too)

BTW, I'm into afternoon by this time. I took big beast of van battery round back to my workshop (nearly had a hernia hauling the damn thing round) stuck it on trickle charger, Hmmmmmmmmm, battery didn't register as fully drained, acid was up to the correct mark too (thought I maybe buckled the lead plates when I fffff......fffuuuuuuu shorted on van body :sad:)

Took battery up to my mates garage, for to power test, damn thing registered very ok, on meter. Back down road to home, scratching napper :rolleyes: had a look at battery connectors, I noticed - brass connector had a crack, which meant, poor connection, took it off, silver soldered crack, re-fitted, then reinstalled original battery, turned ignition key, BINGO, purring away like a big 2.5 oil burner does.

I'm puzzled as to why citroen battery turned engine, possibly a better fit at post?

THEN.............. put EHU back on for fridge and, to charge up batteries, no green light to indicate power to leisure battery, more choice words, more spanners in river!! Meter out, started to pull fuses, found it, changed it, job done, by this time I could feel a lager attack building :beer: so I had one, then another, then cleaned up.

What a bloody day, all ready for the off tomorrow though :wave:

Bet your ready for your bed runnach after all that.....phew !! :)

Funky Farmer
30-07-2012, 21:49
Lets hope tomorrow is a better day :dance: If it isn't and you need some manly hugs. I'm out all day :goodluck:

Enjoy your trip Bye bye :wave: Missing you already

runnach
30-07-2012, 21:58
Oche, all will be fine in the morn BUT, planning to purchase a canoe tomorrow, bet they give me the new Sevylor Titanic model :D by mistake!!

Yep, the straw is calling me :sleep-027: nite.

mariesnowgoose
31-07-2012, 06:19
Sun blazing down this morning for a change, not a cloud in the sky.

Off to mow acres of grass and miles of hedging shortly.

Jealous of all you chaps off in your campers <sigh>

runnach
31-07-2012, 07:26
Cracking here too, I forgot we have freebie tickets to view "Brave" (Mrs R reckons she looked like Princess Merida when she was a lass, hair, yes, I'll reserve comment till I have viewed) 10am viewing, then next door to Decathlon, to purchase canoe, then west coast direction............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooo.

Be good.:drive:

oldish hippy
31-07-2012, 07:41
not so miserable looking day out there

Funky Farmer
31-07-2012, 08:08
Humph!! So it were you lot wot nicked me sun. It is really dimpsy here.

Today we will be continuing to solve the small bed problem in the camper. Ripping all sorts of stuff out and moving it about just to gain six inches.

A big thanks to Gary for the fridge, it arrived this mornin' at sparrer o'clock.:D I am so excited :banana::wacko::cool1:

herbenny
31-07-2012, 08:11
Good morning funky farmer......six inches will make all the difference ;););) Good luck with it !!

Not nice weather here either never mind have a good day :)

Funky Farmer
01-08-2012, 07:18
Ah ha. Tres bon mornin', as they say in Germany.

How are we all today? Gooood ... That's the ticket .. Keep it up! :wave:

Funky Farmer
03-08-2012, 07:43
Good day people

It is a bit dismal here this morning and not just the weather, Lets hope things get sunnier as the day goes on!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I think I might take me camera for a walk later

TTFN

oldish hippy
03-08-2012, 08:57
good morning nice morning here now did have quick shower earlier but suns out hiphiphooray the sun has got his hat on today

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 08:23
It ain't too bad I s'pose .. What do you reckon?

Wind Dancer
05-08-2012, 09:21
Well it's a bit dreich here. http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12565.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Might as well take the dogs to the lake for a swim, as they'll be drookit anyway.
Need to get them nicely tired and contented before I go up to the olympics http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/olympics/olympics-flag-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/olympics.flag-emoticon-1700.html)

:banana::banana::banana:

Luckily it's an indoor event :D

snowbirds
05-08-2012, 10:29
Hi all,

Hertfordshire weather report= Blue sky & cloud,light breeze.sending rain towards Bedford, making list for next trip.Now Sea France have gone I need to find a cheap crossing, so far Wednesday seems the cheapest time to travel.Have a good day.

Snowbirds.:drive::drive:

Well it's a bit dreich here. http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12565.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Might as well take the dogs to the lake for a swim, as they'll be drookit anyway.
Need to get them nicely tired and contented before I go up to the olympics http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/olympics/olympics-flag-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/olympics.flag-emoticon-1700.html)

:banana::banana::banana:

Luckily it's an indoor event :D

Funky Farmer
06-08-2012, 09:40
Good birfdy morning
Not a great start to be honest! I was supposed to have a starving blood test at ten. Guess what? The bloomin' car wouldn't start. Who left the ignition on? Not me:rolleyes2:

snowbirds
06-08-2012, 14:40
Hi FF.

Good morning.Birthday Boy, I was woken at 7.00 by delivery driver with my new control panel for the van so didn't mind to much, hope this one works as warranty has run out.Put washing out, down to van clean inside for next trip, starts raining washing wetter than ever. Never mind it's nearly beer oclock!!

Snowbirds.:drive::drive::cool1::cool1:

Good birfdy morning
Not a great start to be honest! I was supposed to have a starving blood test at ten. Guess what? The bloomin' car wouldn't start. Who left the ignition on? Not me:rolleyes2:

Funky Farmer
07-08-2012, 08:44
Today is the day after the day before. Lets hope we get a little less drama. Mind you, Tesco is delivering so anything could happen Grrrrr! there better not be any broken biccies ... or else!:cool1:

Funky Farmer
08-08-2012, 07:58
Can it be true? 18 thousand profiles on here are fake.Who were those people who gatecrashed my party on Saturday then? :scared:

Anyway, We be off to get the puppies their first jab this morning. Live doesn't get more exciting as this :lol-053:

I WANNA GO AWAY

Funky Farmer
11-08-2012, 06:32
Good mornin' dear hearts.
It is a tad froggy this morn, We can expect another hot day. Don't forget to cover up :ninja: and drink plenty of fluids :cheers:

mariesnowgoose
11-08-2012, 07:47
My other half has announced that as I am so busy work, work, working this weekend he is going off in the camper on his own.

How very dare he !!!!

:cry: :mad1: :cry: :mad1: :cry:

Never mind, I shall get my own back if I can make it to the ladies' meet in September :lol-053:

:drive: :cool: :fun:

mariesnowgoose
11-08-2012, 19:20
He's just sent a text to say he's made some soup (Hah! bet it was out of a packet)
Just eaten chilli con carne and rice and is knocking back a glass of Bailey's (yuk, some people have no taste, bet he gets sick) :D

Says he's been flying his kite and swimming in the sea.

:(

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS