PDA

View Full Version : One Olympic Volleyball ticket up for grabs

Firefox
26-07-2012, 10:13
OK, I have one Olympic Volleyball ticket going. It's for Friday 3 August 14.45 pm at Earls Court. Includes Olympic travel card. Ticket price is 55 (face value only) + 3 for registered delivery which has already been payed by the person who originally bought the ticket. So 58 will secure your ticket!

I actually have two tickets as a pair but will be using one myself, so first come at 58, first served on the other one!

It's for a women's group match. The women's tickets are slightly more expensive than the men's because it is a better game to watch with longer more exciting rallies.

I'm not having much to do with the Olympics generally, but I do play volleyball, so I thought at least I could say I have been to an event!

Canalsman
26-07-2012, 10:44
Check that you are able to use the tickets - there was an item on TV a little while back saying that tickets are not transferable because they are registered to the name of the purchaser.

Firefox
26-07-2012, 10:57
There are conditions, but they can be transferred to family and friends provided only at face value, the purchaser is not paid till after the event, and also the purchaser knows who is going and would be available to confirm, if necessary, they haven't been touted (mobile phone number). In this case I know the purchaser personally and will give details to her about who has the tickets.

Edit: Here's the link which gives the full details showing that passing to family and friends at face value is permissable

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2011/06/olympic-tickets-can-be-re-sold-to-friends-or-family

Canalsman
26-07-2012, 11:00
That's good - just thought I'd mention it ...

ellisboy
26-07-2012, 11:41
Is it for beach volley ball ? :wave:

Northerner
26-07-2012, 11:42
The organisers have stated quite clearly that it is very unlikely that anyone will be asked for proof of identity and they say:

The London 2012 ticketing policy states that tickets are non-transferable.

Nevertheless, London 2012 has confirmed you can re-sell tickets to friends and family, regardless of whether you will attend the event with them. Spectators won't be asked for ID on entry.

However, the organisers advise that, in the highly unlikely event that there is a problem with the tickets, they would need to contact the original purchaser to resolve it. This means it is worth ensuring you are contactable at the time of the event.

Firefox
26-07-2012, 16:47
Is it for beach volley ball ? :wave:

Nope it's Earl's Court which is the 6-aside game. The beach volleyball is in Horse Guards parade I think.

But it is a Ladies match, if anyone wants to look at some very tall women! No bikinis though ;-)

Firefox
26-07-2012, 21:34
Shoe size and great grandmothers maiden name needed at all ?
Hope not as always seem to wear the label out where the size was printed in my shoes !:lol-049:

My shoe size is 7 and grandmother's maiden name was Butcher.

ellisboy
26-07-2012, 21:37
Oh! That's a shame ! :cry:

Billy no
27-07-2012, 00:19
I was in the new forest at the weekend and passed Sandy Balls holiday park.Obviously "The home of mens beach volleyball"

Firefox
27-07-2012, 11:17
Apparently volleyball is a fave game with the naturists... all that jumping up and down, the mind boggles!

Wind Dancer
30-07-2012, 14:31
Did you shift the ticket yet?

Firefox
30-07-2012, 15:40
Nope, I think it would have been easier a couple of weeks earlier, as I knew at least two people from clubs who were looking for a ticket, but they've since made other plans.

So it's still available at the moment, but I did say to the owner to try the website for resale to see if it can be sold that way :)

Rockerboots
30-07-2012, 16:20
Judging by what i`ve heard on the news the past few days about empty seats they`ll be knocking out tickets on the cheap soon. :lol-049:

Firefox
30-07-2012, 16:50
Yes, some swimming seats were spare... I think the tickets were generally overpriced.

For me, it was OK to spend 55 and watch the volleyball because I play, but ask most people in the UK and they won't really appreciate volleyball and its technicalities. I think it is still a good spectator sport though, especially the women's game where there are more exciting rallies.

When you compare it to the average premier league footie game costing 50-60 which only lasts 90 mins and could be played to a boring 0-0 draw, it doesn't seem such bad value though, especially as they include a railcard and tube pass in with the tickets so travel is free.

Funky Farmer
30-07-2012, 17:11
Apparently volleyball is a fave game with the naturists... all that jumping up and down, the mind boggles!

Gawd!!! My MIL would strangle herself.:(

Firefox
02-08-2012, 16:09
Ticket gone now. Wind dancer from this forum can now make it.

We'll let you know if it is any good!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS