PDA

View Full Version : How much closer can you get?

tiderus
26-07-2012, 20:40
A British Royal Air Force pilot in a Eurofighter flies up to the back door of a C-130 Hercules for a photo op as requested. He radios, "How much closer do you want me?"

Click on pic's.

They radio, "How much closer can you get?"

Pilot Radios, Close enough?

A British Royal Air Force pilot in a Eurofighter flies up to the back door of a C-130 Hercules for a photo op as requested. He radios, "How much closer do you want me?"

They radio, "How much closer can you get?"

Pilot Radios, Close enough?

Don't fancy the suction from those engines.

Funky Farmer
26-07-2012, 20:44
Terrific flying and photos

Tony Lee
27-07-2012, 02:15
The Courts Martial are set down for a preliminary hearing on August 14th

Boxerman
27-07-2012, 08:03
Isn't Photoshop wonderful?

Frank

maureenandtom
27-07-2012, 08:18
Good, innit?

When I first saw that two or three years ago, I thought, "Yeah ...!" but, you know, strange things happen. Remember, quite a lot of years ago a pilot flew a Hunter (at that time one of the RAF's finest) under (more properly through) Tower Bridge at about 400 kts? It was his protest at defence cuts at that time. I was still "in" then and we all thought it highly amusing. Daft but amusing. That pilot, I think, was grounded and dismissed.

This one, though . . . I've found some of the stuff I looked up at the time and there was a general view back then that these pictures were genuine. I wondered why a film crew was in the back of the Hercules rather than a couple of loadies waving their arms and shouting ".....F*** off you daft b**tard". And then I heard that the shots were actually for a publicity film for the Typhoon. A sales aid, if you like, but if it was the video of that has disappeared.

There was even a claim by a contributor to a professional aircrew forum that he was the pilot of the Hercules. I've looked that up again. Here it is:

Help - Photos of Typhoon from C130 Ramp - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/313448-help-photos-typhoon-c130-ramp.html) post number 5.

So who knows? Two multimillion aircraft, expensively trained aircrew and, possibly, civilians on board the Hercules and all this taking place over a populated area - Cleethorpes apparently. And, the proximity of those huge air intakes. And the radar frying those guys' wedding tackle. It really does sound a bit dodgy.

Apart from that Hercules pilot, I've never seen any admission from the MoD or any article in the Daily Mail calling for an inquiry. But. .. who knows?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS