PDA

View Full Version : Push Bike Sizing

fofeg101
27-07-2012, 00:13
There are a number of rules of thumb for sizing a bike (push bike) full size, or folding. (1) On a traditional (full size) bike the frame size, the distance between the centre of the chain wheel spindle and the top of the seat tube should be around 2/3 of the inside leg measurement of the rider, to measure this sit on the floor, measure the distance from floor to the top of your head, stand up and measure the distance again, the difference = your inside leg measurement i.e. my inside leg measurement is 35", therefore the frame size of my bike should be approximately 23", most folk go for a size lower, mines actually 25". (2) When sitting on a bike one should not be able to touch the ground with the toes of both left and right feet at the same time. (3) When sitting on your Bike, with the heel of either foot on the peddle, the leg should be perfectly straight, this allows for slight bending of the leg when peddling. Having the correct frame sizing really does cut down on effort when cycling, basically, most amateur cyclists tend to have their seats too low.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS