PDA

View Full Version : We know you've paid to put it on sir, but you can't watch!

Tco
27-07-2012, 09:07
So the great and good have decided not to let the public in to watch the initial rounds of the Archery today. This is despite the event being advertised on the Olympics website.

Bloody hell! Coe has something to answer for.

Northerner
27-07-2012, 09:26
So the great and good have decided not to let the public in to watch the initial rounds of the Archery today. This is despite the event being advertised on the Olympics website.

Bloody hell! Coe has something to answer for.

It was advertised as 'Unticketed' which means that tickets are not available. This first section was always meant to be behind closed doors and the main competition starts tomorrow. Personally, I think that Lord Coe does have a lot to answer for. He won the games for Britain against fierce opposition from other countries and has delivered it on time, on budget and, if you've seen the footage of the Olympic Village you cannot fail to be impressed. It's amazing!

One consolation, as has been mentioned in another thread, is that the UK will certainly win gold in the 'Moaning' event.

I hope that it doesn't rain during the opening ceremony as, according to many, that will almost certainly be Seb Coe's fault!

I think that this site should have a new section for the next three weeks entitled 'Olympics Whinging' so that those who can find nothing but bad in the entire event can bitch away amongst themselves without the rest of us having to read it.

Andys
27-07-2012, 09:48
It was advertised as 'Unticketed' which means that tickets are not available. This first section was always meant to be behind closed doors and the main competition starts tomorrow. Personally, I think that Lord Coe does have a lot to answer for. He won the games for Britain against fierce opposition from other countries and has delivered it on time, on budget and, if you've seen the footage of the Olympic Village you cannot fail to be impressed. It's amazing!

One consolation, as has been mentioned in another thread, is that the UK will certainly win gold in the 'Moaning' event.

I hope that it doesn't rain during the opening ceremony as, according to many, that will almost certainly be Seb Coe's fault!

I think that this site should have a new section for the next three weeks entitled 'Olympics Whinging' so that those who can find nothing but bad in the entire event can bitch away amongst themselves without the rest of us having to read it.

Well put

Bushtrekker
27-07-2012, 09:56
It makes you wonder what other cock ups are in store. P**S up in a brewery springs to mind. You won't hear a moan from me as I won't watch anything, but taking over a whole TV channel and putting on this for weeks is beyond the pale.

Northerner
27-07-2012, 10:30
It makes you wonder what other cock ups are in store. P**S up in a brewery springs to mind. You won't hear a moan from me as I won't watch anything, but taking over a whole TV channel and putting on this for weeks is beyond the pale.

And that's my point! One mistake that was actually made by a TV production company and you talk about a p*ss up in a brewery! It wasn't a real flag that was shown but a video presentation and the error was nothing to do with the organising committee.

Can you imagine the size and complexity of this event? It's a pity that you won't be watching as you'd see the fantastic job that's been done with the Olympic site, which is the size of a small town.

But why is it that you and others just revel in the negative side of the Olympics? It's as though you're sitting there waiting for something to go wrong so that you can have a whinge.

This event is about young men and women with the drive, ability and determination to be the best in the world at their chosen discipline. They've trained and denied themselves for years to reach this level and I and most other fair-minded people in the world will find it enjoyable and uplifting.

And what really makes me cringe is the uninformed tripe about big business. Do you and others refuse to watch TV because virtually every channel is paid for by advertisers? That's just what the Olympics is for God's sake! Huge multinational companies are spending a portion of their advertising budget on sponsoring the Games, without them it would all fall on the taxpayer. Is that what you want?

I really do find it so sad that a small number, and it is a very small number of people who are so wretched, so miserable and so negative that they are willing to refuse to watch any part of the greatest sporting spectacle on earth as a matter of principle. What makes them like this?

If you don't like sport, fine, don't watch it, but do us all a favour and stop going out of your way to denigrate and traduce the fabulous job that Seb Coe and his team have done to deliver this on time and within budget. And anyone who thinks that an event of this magnitude won't have the odd hitch is in cloud cuckoo land. And, in my experience, the first people to moan are those who have never had to organise anything in their lives and haven't a clue about the magnitude and complexity of something like this.

John H
27-07-2012, 10:48
Huge multinational companies are spending a portion of their advertising budget on sponsoring the Games, without them it would all fall on the taxpayer. Is that what you want?

Before we start, I am not an "Olympic moaner" (see my recently-started thread) but I do have issues with the monopolistic sponsorship of the events. You make it sound as if we should be grateful to Coca Cola etc for spending some of their advertising budget on the Olympics when, in reality, they are getting the best advertising money can buy and, because of the monopoly and prices charged, they will not be out of pocket at the end of the day. The taxpayer may not be paying but the customer certainly is - and they are largely the same people. The only good thing about this relationship that I can see is that any individual who decides they want to have nothing to do with it can at least avoid contributing - but sports lovers ARE being charged. The tickets for the event I went to yesterday may not have been overly expensive but the additional costs of food, drink etc more than doubled the price.

dave docwra
27-07-2012, 11:06
Can someone remind me what the original budget was & also the final cost as predicted..

Thanks Dave.

Firefox
27-07-2012, 11:43
I'm not having much to do with the Olympics apart from going to watch a volleyball match, just to say I've been. I'm a keen volleyball player too, but I prefer playing sport to watching it.

I'm not a great fan of Coe, but admit he has done a good job. We've delivered the stadiums and the infrastructure well on time and I think it is all going to be a big success. It's easy to criticise, but there is so much that can go wrong. There are always going to be the odd cock ups and security issues but look at the broader picture.

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 11:48
I think the answer is, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I have been avoiding Coronation St and Eastenders for years without a peep.

baldybloke
27-07-2012, 11:57
I too will not be watching the Olympics, but wish nothing but good fortune to those who will most definately enjoy the spectacle, to me its just another mainly London thing, as I live in the far north.

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 12:16
I too will not be watching the Olympics, but wish nothing but good fortune to those who will most definately enjoy the spectacle, to me its just another mainly London thing, as I live in the far north.
I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong. It was LONDON that won the right to hold the event. They didn't have to but have shared events throughout the country. Lets wait until the thing has actually started before we condemn eh

Northerner
27-07-2012, 12:29

I'm pleased that you're positive about the people who will take part or even just watch it, but it's not really a 'London thing' at all! Most of it just happens to be in London but of course it has to be somewhere and there are no other cities in the UK that could have staged something so enormous. It's a bit like refusing to watch the European Football Championship World Cup this year because it was a 'Polish thing' or not wanting to watch the Tour de France because it's a 'French thing'.

It's all on the tele you know! I'm up north as well but we get most channels up here! This is an international thing and will be watched by billions of people all over the world.

Northerner
27-07-2012, 12:37
I think the answer is, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I have been avoiding Coronation St and Eastenders for years without a peep.

I used to enjoy watching Coronation Street. It was fun and we all like a bit of mindless entertainment occasionally, but for me it lost its magic when the barmaid Raquel left the pub. Since then I gather it's all been angst and sex and murder!

I haven't seen a single episode of East Enders but I'm lead to believe that it's about some people in London being beastly to each other. Perhaps the Olympics might cheer them up?

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 12:46
I used to enjoy watching Coronation Street. It was fun and we all like a bit of mindless entertainment occasionally, but for me it lost its magic when the barmaid Raquel left the pub. Since then I gather it's all been angst and sex and murder!

I haven't seen a single episode of East Enders but I'm lead to believe that it's about some people in London being beastly to each other. Perhaps the Olympics might cheer them up?

It is? Perhaps I have judged it too harshly then! Raquel Welsh was always my favourite. :heart:

baldybloke
27-07-2012, 12:52
I guess I am just bitter and twisted, pass me a lemon I need to sweeten up!, Yes it is an occasion for celebration for many, and I hope those that wish to will enjoy it, as stated before, I ,on a personal basis will treat it much as I treat most of the TV that is on at present, as I live in North Scotland, the London Centric attitude of the majority of UK media, (and up here the Central Belt bias of STV etc) is a little irritating, (and yes I am aware there is a greater concentration of people in these areas) I find irritating, but then again I hate living in cities, so its self inflicted, Live and let live, thats how I view things

Bushtrekker
27-07-2012, 13:17

OK, I don't like most sport, which is fairly obvious, but I do object to TV channels being taken over and this year has been worse than most, with one event after another.

As for Notherner's comment about my not knowing how much effort goes into running events, I've spent 28 years of my working life involved in organising events.

I used to shoot pistols until the ban. One aspect of these games which I and many other shooters object to is the fact that it is still illegal to shoot pistols here, but because pistol shooting is one of the events, the government and organisers have bent over backwards to get round the law. It was pointed out to them in the early stages that we didn't have a British shooting team as no one could legally own pistols here. Having bent he law they then invited specific individuals to form the British team, presumably the ones who were rich enough to move their weapons to offshore islands and travel there to use them, as the law only applies to the UK mainland.

The organisers then invited members of the shooting community to act as marshalls on the range which has been specially built, which was really taking the p*ss. It's this sort of hypocrisy which had put me off the whole olympics thing.

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 13:28
OK, I don't like most sport, which is fairly obvious, but I do object to TV channels being taken over and this year has been worse than most, with one event after another.

As for Notherner's comment about my not knowing how much effort goes into running events, I've spent 28 years of my working life involved in organising events.

I used to shoot pistols until the ban. One aspect of these games which I and many other shooters object to is the fact that it is still illegal to shoot pistols here, but because pistol shooting is one of the events, the government and organisers have bent over backwards to get round the law. It was pointed out to them in the early stages that we didn't have a British shooting team as no one could legally own pistols here. Having bent he law they then invited specific individuals to form the British team, presumably the ones who were rich enough to move their weapons to offshore islands and travel there to use them, as the law only applies to the UK mainland.

The organisers then invited members of the shooting community to act as marshalls on the range which has been specially built, which was really taking the p*ss. It's this sort of hypocrisy which had put me off the whole olympics thing.
So because of one particular sport, ban the lot from our screens. Isn't that a bit of a selfish attitude? Just askin'

Bushtrekker
27-07-2012, 13:47
So because of one particular sport, ban the lot from our screens. Isn't that a bit of a selfish attitude? Just askin'

Anyway, having looked at the TV Guide I'm a bit happier as BBC2 doesn't have any olympic content.;)

My point about shooting was the fact that it is still illegal to own and shoot pistols apart from muzzle loading or long barrelled pistols in this Country, despite the shooting organisations asking for the restoration of.22 pistols as a gesture from the Government. Until British shooters are allowed to compete regularly and be selected freely we can never field a truly British team. I'd just like to add that this isn't a personal gripe, as I gave up making very expensive holes in pieces of paper years ago, so I have no personal interest in this issue.

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 13:52
Anyway, having looked at the TV Guide I'm a bit happier as BBC2 doesn't have any olympic content.;)

.<Snip>

Ah You will be watching Coast repeats again for the umpteenth time :mad1:

champstar
27-07-2012, 14:06
A bit of a cheek for McD's to be the offical restaurant of the said games...do you think the great and the good will be dining there every night:tongue: or is it just for the plebs:bow:

Northerner
27-07-2012, 14:10
For God's sake folks, the Olympics is the biggest international event in the world. It happens every four years and most people will only get to see it in their own country once in a lifetime. Of course it will dominate our televisions but there are hundreds of channels out there folks!

I don't really care if people don't like sport or don't want to watch the Olympics, that's their privilege and I'm not sports mad myself, but what does sadden me is, that out of the billions of people who'll watch the opening ceremony this evening, there'll be a handful of moaning motorhomers who are only viewing it in the hope that something will go wrong so that they can come on here and have a whinge!

I've just watched the lunchtime news on the BBC and it gave a retrospective on the progression of the Olympic Torch. It was uplifting and heart warming to see the people who'd been chosen to carry it and the crowds of thousands of people who were obviously deriving so much pleasure from the event as it passed through their town.

The carriers were occasionally celebrities but the vast majority were ordinary people chosen by their communities for selfless service to them. Thousands turned out to see Lance Bombardier Ben Parkinson, 27, cover just 300 metres from Doncaster's Cenotaph. The soldier, who lost both his legs and suffered brain and back injuries in a bomb attack in 2006, was cheered and applauded along the route. As he took an absolute age to cover this short distance and as I watched the determination on his face as he struggled to complete his run I'm not ashamed to say that I wiped away a tear. It must have been a moment that this brave man, who has given so much for his country, will never ever forget.

And what do we get on this forum from one member. "Every time I turn on the TV I see some twat in a white suit mincing down the road, what's all that about then?" And some people 'Liked' that post. It made me ashamed of some of my countrymen.

baldybloke
27-07-2012, 14:24
I must admit the inclusion of the selfless, who really contribute to the country, including those who have given everything is one of the good things to come from the Olympics, not the only good thing, but IMHO, one of the best.

Northerner
27-07-2012, 14:32
A bit of a cheek for McD's to be the offical restaurant of the said games...do you think the great and the good will be dining there every night:tongue: or is it just for the plebs:bow:

Possibly you've missed the news showing the enormous and amazing dining pavilion for the athletes, sections for people from different cultures so that they can get the food of their choice. Seating for thousands and thousands. It is massive and amazing and will serve food for nationals from all over the world, kosher, halal, vegetarian and any other category that you can think of.

McDonald's got the catering franchise for the public because it paid the most money! The squillions of pounds from sponsors means that the event will be run at a much lower cost than if it hadn't been subsided by the hundreds of corporate sponsors. So who would you have chosen for restaurants for ordinary families? How many companies are big enough to provide catering service and the infrastructure for something as big as this?

The top 11 sponsors; McDonald's, Sony, Samsung, Acer, Omega etc. have paid 100 million dollars each. The next tier including BMW and BT have paid 63 million dollars each. The supplier of the official snack, Nature Valley Crunchy Bars has paid 15 million dollars for the privilege!

And from their success all over the world it would appear that McDonald's is what a lot of families want! Needless to say of course the many food snobs will talk about how it's rubbish. Unfortunately, they're wrong. I don't have a McDonald's meal often but when I do I love it! Its ingredients are the highest quality, its hygiene record is exemplary and McDonald's has forced other smaller companies to raise the bar where low-budget dining is concerned.

Dezi
27-07-2012, 14:43
It has been my experience in life that the moaners, complainers, whingers, general gloom & doom merchants who continually denigrates the efforts of others are often jealous or worse, have simply let life grind them down.

Often the only difference between success & failure in life, business, and sport is the ability to rise above setbacks or disabilities.

Sitting on your backside castigating others efforts adds nothing & will not improve anybodies outlook on life.

Dezi :pc:

mitzimad
27-07-2012, 14:45
as a non sporty person unless it involves petrol and speed i still like the olympics i can remember Tokyo when i was at school and im sure i will get caught up in the hysteria and ive got a lot more to moan about than most as its all happening within 2 miles of home plus ive had to pay for it in my rates
there are something like 650 tv channels out there how much choice do you want

dave docwra
27-07-2012, 14:50
I think some people have got it all wrong if they think a few people are whinging for no reason, Me for example have nothing but the upmost respect for any Amateur sports person involved in the olympics & from whatever country they represent I really do hope they enjoy the experience, what I do not understand is all the hype surrounding how good it is for the UK, look how well Greece has done since their games, I think most companies in the private sector could do something amazing with 11 Billion pounds & seven years.

Before you say it, yes I am sad...

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 15:38
Possibly you've missed the news showing the enormous and amazing dining pavilion for the athletes, sections for people from different cultures so that they can get the food of their choice. Seating for thousands and thousands. It is massive and amazing and will serve food for nationals from all over the world, kosher, halal, vegetarian and any other category that you can think of.

McDonald's got the catering franchise for the public because it paid the most money! The squillions of pounds from sponsors means that the event will be run at a much lower cost than if it hadn't been subsided by the hundreds of corporate sponsors. So who would you have chosen for restaurants for ordinary families? How many companies are big enough to provide catering service and the infrastructure for something as big as this?

The top 11 sponsors; McDonald's, Sony, Samsung, Acer, Omega etc. have paid 100 million dollars each. The next tier including BMW and BT have paid 63 million dollars each. The supplier of the official snack, Nature Valley Crunchy Bars has paid 15 million dollars for the privilege!

And from their success all over the world it would appear that McDonald's is what a lot of families want! Needless to say of course the many food snobs will talk about how it's rubbish. Unfortunately, they're wrong. I don't have a McDonald's meal often but when I do I love it! Its ingredients are the highest quality, its hygiene record is exemplary and McDonald's has forced other smaller companies to raise the bar where low-budget dining is concerned.

Couldn't have put it better meself. Well. I could have done but wouldn't want to show you up :lol-053:

jamesmarshall
27-07-2012, 15:45

I'm with you on this one Northerner.

Northerner
27-07-2012, 16:28
I think some people have got it all wrong if they think a few people are whinging for no reason, Me for example have nothing but the upmost respect for any Amateur sports person involved in the olympics & from whatever country they represent I really do hope they enjoy the experience, what I do not understand is all the hype surrounding how good it is for the UK, look how well Greece has done since their games, I think most companies in the private sector could do something amazing with 11 Billion pounds & seven years.

Before you say it, yes I am sad...

To equate Greece's financial problems with the Olympics is stretching anyone's credibility! Barcelona and Sydney for instance benefited enormously from hosting the Olympics. And please, Spain's current problems are also totally unrelated to it hosting the games.

Barcelona and Sydney: the hosts who got the most | Politics | The Observer (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/dec/08/athletics.olympics2012)

The Department of Trade estimates that the spin-off in increased investment will generate 13 billion pounds, showing a huge profit for the country. A depressed part of London has been regenerated and hundreds of houses built. What would it have cost to do all this if we didn't have the Olympics, billions of course.

There will be a big increase in tourism over the next few years and how do you measure the economic benefit to companies all over Britain who have benefited from the multi-billion pound construction projects? How do you measure the increase in customers for hotels, restaurants, airlines, car hire companies, taxi-firms, caterers and all the other firms involved in the games themselves and in the service industries that will benefit over the next two or three weeks?

And how can you measure the pleasure and enjoyment that millions of people in Britain have already experienced and will continue to do so over the next two week and more?

To say that the Olympic Games has cost this country nine billion pounds is simplistic. It hasn't, as the tangible and intangible benefits that we will enjoy as a result of them are possibly greater than the investment in the games themselves.

landydriver
27-07-2012, 16:28

Bushtrekker
27-07-2012, 16:33
Not a sporty person but I'll watch what I want to see.

.During the last Olympics I remember watching two Chinese woman rowing a boat like their life depended on it and thinking they have put more effort in to that one race than I have probably put in to anything Iíve ever done....amazing effort and dedication.

:D

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 16:34
On the downside true Cockneys are boycotting the Olympics because there are no signs erected in their language. Posh nob, Seb Coe, refused to accept Cockney as a language so he can "Shut is norf and souf!"

Just sayin' for balance:idea-007:

John H
27-07-2012, 17:50
As a sports lover who will be avidly following the actual sport over the next few weeks, I have come to realise that most large sporting events these days need sponsorship. However, the monopolistic sponsorship involved in these games seems to be to be verging on the obscene. And before anyone gets apoplectic, I am not blaming Coe and his committee. The main sponsors who seem to have a stranglehold over the event are IOC sponsors and Coe would have had no choice in their appointment. It has been said eleswhere that MacDonalds are putting in $100million - that is four day's profit for them and in return they will be getting the best advertising in the world plus a very healthy profit from sales - so don't feel sorry for them. Don't also feel that we couldn't do without their input because anybody who believes that the IOC is financially clean and that all of the sponsorship will come to London is really living in cloud cuckoo land. It saddens me that in the last half century the Olympics have morphed into a business first and a sporting event second - but while cheering on Mark Cavendish, Jessica Ennis and the rest, I will try to forget about that and just enjoy the sport.

Smaug
27-07-2012, 18:47

You're taking the P. there are 24 "BBC Olympics" channels on Sky & another identical 24 in HD

Bushtrekker
27-07-2012, 19:51
We stopped paying for it years ago when we'd watched all the repeats several times. I use the box and dish to watch free channels in my office.

Tco
27-07-2012, 21:20
It was advertised as 'Unticketed' which means that tickets are not available.

We know that NOW. But clearly many people took that to mean that it was a free event. It should have clearly stated that members of the public were banned from attending.

dave docwra
27-07-2012, 21:52
To equate Greece's financial problems with the Olympics is stretching anyone's credibility! Barcelona and Sydney for instance benefited enormously from hosting the Olympics. And please, Spain's current problems are also totally unrelated to it hosting the games.

Barcelona and Sydney: the hosts who got the most | Politics | The Observer (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/dec/08/athletics.olympics2012)

The Department of Trade estimates that the spin-off in increased investment will generate 13 billion pounds, showing a huge profit for the country. A depressed part of London has been regenerated and hundreds of houses built. What would it have cost to do all this if we didn't have the Olympics, billions of course.

There will be a big increase in tourism over the next few years and how do you measure the economic benefit to companies all over Britain who have benefited from the multi-billion pound construction projects? How do you measure the increase in customers for hotels, restaurants, airlines, car hire companies, taxi-firms, caterers and all the other firms involved in the games themselves and in the service industries that will benefit over the next two or three weeks?

And how can you measure the pleasure and enjoyment that millions of people in Britain have already experienced and will continue to do so over the next two week and more?

To say that the Olympic Games has cost this country nine billion pounds is simplistic. It hasn't, as the tangible and intangible benefits that we will enjoy as a result of them are possibly greater than the investment in the games themselves.

Lets hope you are right, would be nice to see tourism prosper from this..

Dave.

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 23:14
The Queen should light the flame- she's the only one that's Corgi registered.

iceman1956
27-07-2012, 23:28
The Queen should light the flame- she's the only one that's Corgi registered.

Gas Safe just does not have the same ring :lol-053:

iceman1956
27-07-2012, 23:51
God McCartney would go to the opening of a Crisp Packet!!! It's about time he put the Piano away and gracefully retired. Your voice has gone Paul

Fantastic opening ceremony though. :wave:

Funky Farmer
27-07-2012, 23:55
Never mind. I thought the rest of it was brilliant.

dave docwra
28-07-2012, 00:00
First part I am not sure how the rest of the world will have viewed us, for me it all seemed very confused, Second part absolutely fantastic, I thought Lord Coe's speech was very well written & presented, now the flame is in place let the true sports begin..

Dave.

AuldTam
28-07-2012, 00:52
Politics aside...I thought the opening ceremony was superb!

John H
28-07-2012, 09:18
God McCartney would go to the opening of a Crisp Packet!!! It's about time he put the Piano away and gracefully retired. Your voice has gone, Paul. :D

Agreed - it was a bit of an anti-climax to a fantastic ceremony. I don't normally do opening ceremonies but this one was superb - just the right touch of humour and irreverance and everything from left-wing politics to Jerusalem, with the highlights for me being the selection of people chosen to carry the Olympic flag and the choice of seven young athletes of the future to light that amazing Olympic Flame. Well done Danny Boyle - but I'm afraid you didn't get the biggest smile of the day because that one has to be reserved for Carl Lewis' reply to all those Mitt Romney gaffs: "there are some Americans who just should not be let out of the country". Brilliant! :D

Sparks
28-07-2012, 09:51
Post deleted

Northerner
28-07-2012, 10:47
What a complete failure the opening ceremony was.
I noticed two balloons that didn't burst correctly in the countdown.

Bang on sir, as had been said the Olympics Committee couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery. The whole thing was a fiasco with things going wrong from beginning to end! All the moaners were right, the whole event was a flop and no one enjoyed it. No one in the entire world of course!

I have this on very good authority from Bill who's in the next padded cell to me. He's from the Planet Carp in the Moanery Constellation and he reckons that the Carpians would have done a far better job! :D

Northerner
28-07-2012, 10:52
God McCartney would go to the opening of a Crisp Packet!!! It's about time he put the Piano away and gracefully retired. Your voice has gone Paul

I agree in part. His voice isn't what it was but this was about Britain and its culture and history and, in that history, how could you ignore the Beatles! And to be fair, he didn't force himself on the event, he was invited. You can guarantee that if he hadn't been invited there'd have been even more moans about omitting the greatest living pop star that we have.

I enjoyed his Hey Jude, and it appears that the audience did as well.

iceman1956
28-07-2012, 10:58
Bang on sir, as had been said the Olympics Committee couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery. The whole thing was a fiasco with things going wrong from beginning to end! All the moaners were right, the whole event was a flop and no one enjoyed it. No one in the entire world of course!

I have this on very good authority from Bill who's in the next padded cell to me. He's from the Planet Carp in the Moanery Constellation and he reckons that the Carpians would have done a far better job! :D

I could not have said it better myself! :rolleyes2:

Funky Farmer
28-07-2012, 21:03
An Olympic archer who is legally blind captured the Gold Medal in archery. Services for the judge and two spectators will be held tomorrow.:cool1:

iceman1956
29-07-2012, 15:14
The queen enjoyed her first parachute jump so much, she has decided to take up the sport :lol-053:

biff
29-07-2012, 15:43
I just think it' a nice thing :) lol Young and (not so young) coming together, enjoying what they do and competing, there must be so much camaradere among all those involved and isn't it such a change from all the sadness and woe in this world :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS