PDA

View Full Version : Would you like......today?

Bushtrekker
31-07-2012, 06:40
Is it just me getting grumpy, or does that phrase grate on other people's nerves? They're all at it, from cafe's to Halfords, along with 'Did you get all you wanted today?' The object offered along with Would you like....' usually has no relationship to what you have just bought as they are just trying to offload overstocked Items. In Halfords the other day I bought a battery tester and was asked if I wanted anything from the box on the counter, which contained builder's gloves and bits and pieces. Then there is the 'Today' bit. If I'm in a shop and buying something there is a fair chance I want it today, not at some unspecified date in the distant future.

As for 'Did you get all you wanted today.' I always feel like saying 'No, I was actually after a Mongolian nose flute, a win on the lottery and a date with Keira Knightley. Do you stock any of those? :lol-053:

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 06:51
Yeah, i know what you mean, but i don't find it offensive John, if you didn't find what you want you would ask, surely? but i think its good customer service, Argos have just started doing a "customer experience" computer based question thingy, and you always know when its in store as everybody is so friendly, the you go in another day and the shop assistant yawns while you pay for your goods then you know its not in on that day :lol-061: now that's an insult, and whilst on this point, i think Asda has the best assistants in all supermarkets, in every store wherever i be, they all are very helpful and polite,

Bushtrekker
31-07-2012, 06:59
Just irritating, as if you multiply the time taken to go through the ritual with every customer who passes through during the course of the day and not selling them anything else it must take up at least an hour of serving time. I have to agree with your remark about Asda, although at the moment our local ASDA seems to be playing 'Spot the product.', as they keep moving stuff around. I was really impressed with one supermarket in France when the automated tills asked which of several languages you wanted the instructions in. That's what I call customer service.

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 07:03
Well all supermarkets are guilty of this John, i could go on about what annoys me with supermarkets but its a brand new day and i don't want to get stressed, its sets my tooth off :rolleyes2:

donkey too
31-07-2012, 07:10
I went into an Asda the other day and must admit that the staff were so polite and helpful. Just a shame about the quality of some of their products.
The best service I have ever had was from John Lewis's food halls and Waitrose. I went into Waitrose on the way to the Norfolk coast last week and I was struggling as my knee was really painful after a mishap in a certain pub the weekend before. But a front of sore manager came and asked me if I required help. When i explained my problem he got a very nice young lady to fetch a wheelchair and push me round the store to do my shopping. Great service and their products are always top hole.

Hi Jenny, did you get the pics I sent to you on your old e mail?? Thought they would be a nice surprise for you.

donkey too
31-07-2012, 07:12
duplicate post removed by donk. dont know how that happened. LOL

donkey too
31-07-2012, 07:15
duplicate removed by donk

John H
31-07-2012, 08:42
Hi

Yes it is irritating but don't blame the assistants - if they don't do it they will be disciplined and even dismissed by their bosses. My sister used to be a bank manager; now she has a part-time job on the tills in a supermarket - in both jobs she was/is under pressure to sell stuff that people didn't know they wanted, from savings accounts to mobile phone top-up cards. It has been going on a long time (my sister is past retirement age) but I agree with you that the "Americanisms" are relatively new - and very annoying.

n brown
31-07-2012, 08:52
what's the score for spotting a' triple donkey' ?

maingate
31-07-2012, 10:25
Of course you are annoyed and irritable.

It's your job to be grumpy ...... so get on with it man.

Give those youngsters Hell. :cheers:

antiquesam
31-07-2012, 10:40
It's the salesman lurking by the door that annoys me. I know times are hard but I was always taught that the customer has an optimum point when they should be approached, which can be seen in their body language, when they have a question or have found the item to buy. To stand guard on the door is off putting

Funky Farmer
31-07-2012, 11:36
Is it just me getting grumpy, or does that phrase grate on other people's nerves? They're all at it, from cafe's to Halfords, along with 'Did you get all you wanted today?' The object offered along with Would you like....' usually has no relationship to what you have just bought as they are just trying to offload overstocked Items. In Halfords the other day I bought a battery tester and was asked if I wanted anything from the box on the counter, which contained builder's gloves and bits and pieces. Then there is the 'Today' bit. If I'm in a shop and buying something there is a fair chance I want it today, not at some unspecified date in the distant future.

As for 'Did you get all you wanted today.' I always feel like saying 'No, I was actually after a Mongolian nose flute, a win on the lottery and a date with Keira Knightley. Do you stock any of those? :lol-053:
Grumpy ol' bugha!!! Have a nice day y'all:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS