PDA

View Full Version : google mail help

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 21:26
this is probably the most stupidest question ever asked on here, but i don't care

how do i delete ALL emails for google mail? i have got 6 thousand :scared::scared::scared: need to get rid of

hdeagle
31-07-2012, 21:46
Hi
If you look in the top left corner below the google search box you will see a box that contains a small square and a down arrow. If you click on the arrow it will show a drop down menu, the first option is (select) all. This should put a tick by all the messages and allow you to delete them all at once.
Hope this helps
:goodluck:

lotty
31-07-2012, 21:47
if it's the same as mine,
go to the folder you want to delete emails in eg, inbox, tick all the boxes next to the messages. When you tick a box at the top a little symbol of a bin will show up, click that to delete the highlighted emails.

Minisorella
31-07-2012, 21:51
If you want to delete absolutely everything, first look down the left hand side of the screen and find the words 'All mail' on the list and click on it.

Now look above the messages at the little icons and on the left you should see a little tickbox with an arrow beside it... put a tick in the box.

When you do that, some words appear above the top message, saying something along the lines of "All 100 conversations on this page are selected. Select all 6000 conversations in All Mail". Click on that to select all your mail and then you should be able to choose to delete them all.

If you've got stuff that you want to keep, make sure you've archived everything important and then click on Inbox, so only non-archived mail is showing and delete that lot instead.

Good luck! :)

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 21:58
I've done all of this but it only select 50 per page, i can't see anywhere to delete all 6,000 lol

lotty
31-07-2012, 22:02
I've done all of this but it only select 50 per page, i can't see anywhere to delete all 6,000 lol

yeah, I think mine is the same? think you just need to keep on top of it daily? or not be so popular:lol-053:

Minisorella
31-07-2012, 22:04

I get the option to select all the messages too. I'll try to get a screenshot for you... hang on...

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 22:05
Thanks you lot, i've done it now, phew, thought i would be there all night, its like pulling teeth, well slight exag there lol xx

kimbowbill
31-07-2012, 22:07
yeah, I think mine is the same? think you just need to keep on top of it daily? or not be so popular:lol-053:

no what it is, i've cancelled my virgin broadband and going to go on a dongle so i have started using my g mail account , so am not that popular after all xx

Firefox
01-08-2012, 02:10
no what it is, i've cancelled my virgin broadband and going to go on a dongle so i have started using my g mail account , so am not that popular after all xx

I'm the same. I cancelled virgin broadbnd a year ago and have been on dongle plus openzone ever since.

Never looked back... mobile is the way to go now especially with Three, the coverage is so wide.

kimbowbill
01-08-2012, 06:24
I'm the same. I cancelled virgin broadbnd a year ago and have been on dongle plus openzone ever since.

Never looked back... mobile is the way to go now especially with Three, the coverage is so wide.

Well, not according to virgin Vern, they tried so hard to put me off using the dongle, i nearly did but when they wanted to get me to sign for another years contract for just phone and broadband i refused and have now cancelled.

what size dongle do you use Vern?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS