PDA

View Full Version : Stamford Bridge Car Park

canalwheeler
01-08-2012, 16:10
53.990485,-0.916409

A free car park with no overnight restrictions for cars or light goods vehicles. Close to the historic bridge and mill, amd the Swordsman Pub. Sam Smiths 1.80 per pint.

Whisky Shop with hundreds of brands just 300 yards away. Hardware shop that sells everything, and good food in the village.

Public field next to the car park for emptying dogs. Good walks along the river bank or old railway line over the viaduct giving great views.

Tone

Canalsman
01-08-2012, 19:39
Streetview shows a sign saying 'no overnight camping' at the entrance ...

Has that been removed?

canalwheeler
01-08-2012, 22:53
It wasn't there yesterday. I'll double check tomorrow. And in any case, is sleeping in your vehicle camping?

Tone

Canalsman
01-08-2012, 23:48
It wasn't there yesterday. I'll double check tomorrow. And in any case, is sleeping in your vehicle camping?

Tone

(The 'is it camping?' thing has been done to death on this site!)

canalwheeler
02-08-2012, 16:52
Streetview shows a sign saying 'no overnight camping' at the entrance ...

Has that been removed?

Right. I've checked. Good news is the 'no camping' sign has gone. Bad news is it has been replaced by a much smaller sign behind the 'Free Parking' sign, listing penalty clauses against any vehicle doing naughty things, the last of which is 'used for overnight sleeping or camping'. So they've got us both ways.

(Strangely it forbade trading and drinking alcohol too but it didn't forbid dogging*).

However, here:

53.991443,-0.914598

Just over t'road, parking is restricted to 1 hour (No return for 2 hours) twixt 0800 and 1900. After that there are no restrictions at all apart from drinking alcohol, but it's a stone's throw from three pubs anyway. I've checked very carefully. I would be happy to use that spot at night, and probably will next time I fall out of The Swordsman. (Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter 1.80) http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/alc.gif

I'm also working on the Three Cups Inn just over t'bridge for overnighting on their massive car park. The Swordsman t'aint allowed to.

Will let you know.

Uncle Tone

*whatever that is

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS