PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to America...

Bushtrekker
02-08-2012, 05:06
I haven't really, it just feels like it. I had an email yesterday to say my roof vents had been despatched, which gave me a tracking number, so I've just checked and apparently they are at the company's 'SORTATION HUB'. I could never work for a company which had one of those as the temptation to take the p*ss would be too much and I'd get the sack. Anyway, I'm expecting then to arrive later on a 'MOBILE DELIVERANCE UNIT', which will still be a white van, but that's far too easy to say.:D

It's time we stuck up for the English language and way of life and refused to accept the imposition of made up words, which sound as though Ronald Reagan invented them. We must stop this war of attrition on our language, or it could lead too nucular war. Who let someone loose with the world's largest nuclear arsenal when he couldn't even pronounce the word?

scampa
02-08-2012, 05:11
Seems to me that some of our members make up their own words anyway.

Either that or they've borrowed a posh dictionary that I've never seen! :)

oldish hippy
02-08-2012, 05:11
well thats the way the world going all political correctness instaed of say a man in a white van wil deliver them today and if your not in then it wil be chucked over the gate or retuned to warehouse

Bushtrekker
02-08-2012, 17:25
I bought three 400mm vents for 138, with free delivery. They came between 9am and 10am as stated in the email from the couriers, which as it happened didn't matter today as I was at the hospital and my wife was in all day, but useful to know as it saves hanging about all day. There was also an option to give a second delivery address if you are out.

I'm not sure what Phil's rules are on mentioning specific companies in threads, but if you PM me I'll tell you who I bought from.

channa
02-08-2012, 17:54
Not sure of your gripe, you got what you ordered.

Hot dog

Channa

Bushtrekker
02-08-2012, 19:05
Just the abuse of the English language.

Bushtrekker
02-08-2012, 19:07
I bought three 400mm vents for 138, with free delivery. They came between 9am and 10am as stated in the email from the couriers, which as it happened didn't matter today as I was at the hospital and my wife was in all day, but useful to know as it saves hanging about all day. There was also an option to give a second delivery address if you are out.

I'm not sure what Phil's rules are on mentioning specific companies in threads, but if you PM me I'll tell you who I bought from.

...replace mentioning with recommending.

Bushtrekker
03-08-2012, 09:28
The days when people knew the 'P' should always be silent in swimming pools are long gone:D

John H
03-08-2012, 09:37
Sorry, David but I couldn't resist it - the phrase to rip off, according to the Oxford dictionary, originated in the 1970s. Prior to that it meant to tear (as in along the dotted line). I'll leave now, shall I? :wave:

I agree with a lot else that you say, though :)

Bushtrekker
03-08-2012, 12:18
...ripping yarn:lol-053:

John H
03-08-2012, 16:24
You're not going to catch me out that easily! :blah:;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS