PDA

View Full Version : Have aliens kidnapped Northener?

Funky Farmer
02-08-2012, 18:41
Just wondered. Ain't seen the old chap about for a few days. COME BACK NORTHENER You make me laugh :lol-053:

sasquatch
02-08-2012, 19:10
Just wondered. Ain't seen the old chap about for a few days. COME BACK NORTHENER You make me laugh :lol-053:

I thought he WAS an alien and has gone home for a holiday!

MORGANTHEMOON
02-08-2012, 19:18

Don't tell me he has 5 points already. lol

MORGANTHEMOON
02-08-2012, 19:19
I think he is competing in the Olympics !
What event would he be in ?

Debating.

Funky Farmer
02-08-2012, 19:21
Free style curmugeoning :banana:

scampa
02-08-2012, 21:26
Have aliens kidnapped Northener?

I doubt it somehow. Surely they wouldn't expect anyone to pay a ransom to get him back?? (unless they've been living on another planet! :))

(only joking Northerner, we all love you really!) :):)

Admin
02-08-2012, 21:27
Northerner is no longer a member.
This is not open to debate.

n brown
02-08-2012, 21:30
Oh

ellisboy
02-08-2012, 21:31
Nothing about it in the Gaurdian.

scampa
02-08-2012, 21:31
Sorry about that. Obviously we didn't know. :o

dave docwra
02-08-2012, 21:42
I do not know the story behind this, But I will say I have no pleasure in reading of his departure..

Dave.

Funky Farmer
02-08-2012, 21:47
Sorry I didn't realise

Rubbertramp
02-08-2012, 22:05
Well I for one will miss him. Aside from the belligerence, a very intelligent man with a lot of good advice to offer.

n brown
02-08-2012, 22:08
same

canalwheeler
02-08-2012, 22:14
Well I for one will miss him. Aside from the belligerence, a very intelligent man with a lot of good advice to offer.

I guess it was the belligerence. I for one did not appreciate being called 'cowardly' and will hold up my hand as at least one who complained about his personal insults.

Ad hominem

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem)

Tone

whitevanwoman
02-08-2012, 22:27
I rarely agreed with Northerner's point of view (although once or twice I did), and I found his manner abrupt to the point of being rude on many an occasion, and can understand why he could be considered to be offensive. I often refrained from making a comment in case I was attacked in retaliation for disagreeing.

However, that said, he was very helpful to me on one thread, and I do think he is essentially a decent person, who has strong opinions, firmly believes in his own point of view, and is self-confident enough to express himself clearly. I shall miss his posts. I may not have always agreed with what he said or the way he said it, but discussions with Northerner were always thought-provoking.

All the best to you Northerner.

canalwheeler
02-08-2012, 22:32
Phil's decision. let it be.

Tone

Rubbertramp
02-08-2012, 22:40
Phil's decision. let it be.

Tone

I don't think anyone is questioning the admin's or Northerner's decision.... whoever's. Like The Man says "not open for debate". It's just that some of us who have been around this forum for a little while had grown quite fond of him and his ways and enjoyed ticking him off.

Firefox
02-08-2012, 22:47
I rarely agreed with Northerner's point of view (although once or twice I did), and I found his manner abrupt to the point of being rude on many an occasion, and can understand why he could be considered to be offensive. I often refrained from making a comment in case I was attacked in retaliation for disagreeing.

However, that said, he was very helpful to me on one thread, and I do think he is essentially a decent person, who has strong opinions, firmly believes in his own point of view, and is self-confident enough to express himself clearly. I shall miss his posts. I may not have always agreed with what he said or the way he said it, but discussions with Northerner were always thought-provoking.

Pretty much the same as my opinion too.

whitevanwoman
02-08-2012, 22:51
He was warm and fluffy deep down ! Just took some digging x

Basildog!!!! Are you going soft???????? :scared::scared:

John H
03-08-2012, 07:13
As one who had a few run-ins with Northerner (you may not have noticed!;)) may I also say that I am sorry to see him go. Apart from the fact that I don't like to see anybody banned, driven away, or whatever happened in this case, I agree with others that he is a very intelligent man with a lot to offer but an unfortunate manner of putting people's backs up with his sometimes abusive and aggressive language. I too disagreed with him more than I agreed with him but I believe everybody should feel free to express their views. Much as I am right all the time (:lol-053:) I think it would be a poorer forum if people were not allowed to disagree. Other people on other threads have suggested that they are going to post less now that the new regime has come in and, while making absolutely no comment about the personnel involved, I suspect the forum may become a less enjoyable place to be in the future. I hope it all settles down but it doesn't look good at the moment. PS don't ask me what the answer is!

mark61
03-08-2012, 07:49

Very nicely put.

Admin
03-08-2012, 08:07
Northerner was abusive and caused a lot of upset to a lot of members. He was warned privately and publicly that must stop this over a period of months. The amount of complaints I had about him was staggering.

Free speech does not mean freedom to abuse

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS