PDA

View Full Version : Screeeeeeaaaaaam!

vindiboy
03-08-2012, 10:29
Our State Pensions are paid into our Bank Account every week, .When We get our Bank Statement the Pension payments appear and are listed showing our National Insurance numbers only.I asked Nationwide to stop printing our NI numbers but they said you must contact the Pension service, did that to be told that they have to send the NI numbers by law , go to your Bank and tell them to stop printing the NI numbers,did that by phone,can't do that they say we only print what the Pension Service send us, go back to the Pension Service, don't pass Go .don't collect 200.
I moan at Nationwide but get nowhere, switch to on line Banking and don't get Statements they say, I don't want to do on line banking ,I only want to use a computer for my own convenience not the Banks say I. Sorry can't help then they say, In these days of Identity theft you would think they could be more helpful or am I expecting too much from the Banks ?:cry::cry:

Smaug
03-08-2012, 10:42
Excuse my ignorance, but just how do you expect this to lead to you getting robbed? :ninja:

vwalan
03-08-2012, 11:42
doesnt matter about the being robbed that something else .its about making them do as they are told .they work for us not us work for them.
i get grief because i dont want to do online banking and i wont play there silly question games .
tell them you will close your account .soon get things done then .works for me.

vindiboy
03-08-2012, 14:06
Excuse my ignorance, but just how do you expect this to lead to you getting robbed? :ninja: Easy, If you can build up a good enough profile on someone you can assume their Identity and obtain credit etc in their name ,that is why you should always shred or otherwise destroy things like Bank Statements ,Utility Bills Etc.:scared::scared:

vindiboy
03-08-2012, 14:13
doesnt matter about the being robbed that something else .its about making them do as they are told .they work for us not us work for them.
i get grief because i dont want to do online banking and i wont play there silly question games .
tell them you will close your account .soon get things done then .works for me.
Wish it were that easy Alan, I was with Lloyds for over 30 years and decided to change to Nationwide when their Debit Card was free to use Foreign, [Llyods had started charging ]so I went to the branch, [ when we still had a branch]and said I wanted to close my account, OK they said ,did not blink an eye or ask why, .I had put a lot of money their way in those days too, they just don't care these days I think.

Bigpeetee
03-08-2012, 14:27
Our State Pensions are paid into our Bank Account every week, .When We get our Bank Statement the Pension payments appear and are listed showing our National Insurance numbers only.I asked Nationwide to stop printing our NI numbers but they said you must contact the Pension service, did that to be told that they have to send the NI numbers by law , go to your Bank and tell them to stop printing the NI numbers,did that by phone,can't do that they say we only print what the Pension Service send us, go back to the Pension Service, don't pass Go .don't collect 200.
I moan at Nationwide but get nowhere, switch to on line Banking and don't get Statements they say, I don't want to do on line banking ,I only want to use a computer for my own convenience not the Banks say I. Sorry can't help then they say, In these days of Identity theft you would think they could be more helpful or am I expecting too much from the Banks ?:cry::cry:

We are talking about Banks here, why should they be helpful?? Unless you have plenty of money, they're not interested.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS