PDA

View Full Version : Logie Kirt, Stirling

veletron
03-08-2012, 11:22
End of the road in link below, down past houses. It terminates in a cycle track/footpath

Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/Ucm9B)

Also, opposite direction to view above, in the logie kirk car park - can't see any reason why one could not overnight here, just beware it's a church car park, and gets busy Sunday mornings.

You can also walk up Dumyat (Stirling's local hill) from here. Park at Logie Kirk, and walk up the hill behind, until you get to a break in the wall on the right on a steep section of the hill before a left hairpin. Track takes you through nice old woodland, and eventually joins the main Dumyat track.

Start of track: Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/x5EFf)

Nigel

Canalsman
03-08-2012, 12:20
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have added the car park to the POIs, but not the cul-de-sac.

There is no turning area apparent on that road, so you'd have to reverse in or out which is not ideal.

Regards

Chris

veletron
03-08-2012, 14:49
Indeed, I always come from the perspective of a 6M long panel van conversion which I can get turned around (almost) anywhere! There's a story in the 'almost' there from when we were on Mull at New year, and got stuck up a poorly gritted road (sheet ice ahead!) Had to reverse for about 3 miles at dusk, with ice/snow everywhere. It was all going well up until that point!

I do note other roads on the POI with no turning space (such as the road out the back of Keswick, Portinscale) which is a cul-de-sac. I have indeed watched owners of larger vehicles struggling to turn around at the end of this road - especially when they parked facing inwards the night before, and the road-end got mobbed with cars early doors the following day!

Anyway, I am glad to see that the locations are vetted by yourself before being added, means I am more likely to find somewhere usable when using the database myself!

Nigel

Canalsman
03-08-2012, 16:23
Just refreshed my memory by looking at the Portinscale road - looks like it would be relatively easy to turn a modestly sized motorhome with assistance or camera/sensors. And there's an entrance driveway that can be used too ...

Yes I do vet all submissions as best I can - it's part of the fun of doing the job :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS