PDA

View Full Version : I know I said I wasn't going to watch it...

Bushtrekker
04-08-2012, 19:16
... but unbelievably for any one who knows me, I've actually got into watching the Olympics. McDonalds is the official meal, Cadbury's chocolate is the official snack, but I can't help wondering watching the ladies volleyball and athletics, who is the official supplier of industrial strength knicker elastic?

chass
04-08-2012, 19:24
You are an officially a pervert:lol-053:

Bushtrekker
04-08-2012, 19:32
It was purely a scientific enquiry as I make catapults as a hobby:)

lotty
04-08-2012, 19:32
Same here, I didn't think I was going to watch any but i am watching bits of it everyday! Come on team GB.

Bushtrekker
04-08-2012, 19:36
I still think the amount of money spent is ludicrous, especially as two of the companies involved in staging the Olympics have gone into liquidation, but we've all got hooked on watching the games.

Funky Farmer
04-08-2012, 20:40
It's brilliant. So much for the media doom mongers who would have us believe it would be a complete disaster

Wind Dancer
04-08-2012, 20:59
It seems to be bringing the nation together and has given the spirits a huge lift! I love that everyone is talking excitedly about it and getting behind their favourite team or nation. It's a great distraction from other less joyous things and bringing out peoples more positive side. :cool1:

n brown
04-08-2012, 21:00
i NEVER watch sport and my wife has been getting so excited watching it that its drawn me in!so like thousands of others i'm sat here filling my face with food and beer and cheering on our champions,brilliant

Firefox
04-08-2012, 21:12
Saw the ladies volleyball live on Friday with wind dancer.

It was a great experience, though I won't be watchng any more as I don't have a TV licence.

I'm not sure about the knicker elastic, but there were some very powerful girls on court on Friday. 6 foot five and built to match:scared:

Bushtrekker
04-08-2012, 21:21
Normally I would have switched over, but what's been happening this evening has kept me on the edge of my seat.

n brown
04-08-2012, 21:40
i knew mo would get a medal,he beat the Cube !

Funky Farmer
04-08-2012, 21:42
I hear Nick Griffin choked on his dinner when Mo Farah won. Been rushed to hospital. An Asian doctor is treating him.:lol-053:

Wind Dancer
05-08-2012, 00:01
'Captain Canada' - Show jumper, competing in his tenth olympic games - aged 65 years!!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::heart::heart::heart::goo dluck:

Firefox
05-08-2012, 00:28
Just been listening on 5 live, what a fantastic evening for GB!

Well done to Jessica, Mo, Greg, the cycling persuit ladies and both the rowing teams!!

Bushtrekker
05-08-2012, 05:46
Saw the ladies volleyball live on Friday with wind dancer.

It was a great experience, though I won't be watchng any more as I don't have a TV licence.

I'm not sure about the knicker elastic, but there were some very powerful girls on court on Friday. 6 foot five and built to match:scared:

The place I've just retired from was the venue for the International Volleyball Championships for years. As you can imagine, not a lot of other work got done when they were there.

n brown
05-08-2012, 07:10
i've heard that squinting too closely at volleyball players of the female persuasion in your formative years can lead to eyesight problems later in life.can anyone confirm this theory i wonder?

msbombastic
05-08-2012, 07:40
I definitely wasn't going to watch....I was so mad about the stupid amount of money it cost, and the sponsorship etc etc, but now it's happening I'm SO PROUD of the British sportsmen and women. Big up. And yes I'm watching

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 07:53
I must have missed it !
Where are they holding this Olympics thing ?
Will it be on the tv at all ?:lol-049:
I told you ... Behave and you will be allowed out of solitary! :D

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 07:56
i've heard that squinting too closely at volleyball players of the female persuasion in your formative years can lead to eyesight problems later in life.can anyone confirm this theory i wonder?

I heard it's because of what you do while you are squinting ... Mucky pup!!!!:cool1:

jamesmarshall
05-08-2012, 08:11
I would have responded to this question sooner but I couldn't find my glasses. :)

Ems
05-08-2012, 08:13
I was at the Olympics Park yesterday and it was amazing, the atmosphere was electric, everytime we got a medal the whole park cheered:banana: I spent the day there and then watched two hockey matches in the evening.

Wind Dancer
05-08-2012, 08:26
Nice one Ems!

I'm back up to see more Ladies volleyball today :banana::banana::banana:
Don't get too envious you guys :idea-007::lol-053::lol-053:

Bushtrekker
05-08-2012, 09:41
...the Red Bull Mountain Mayhem event for its first couple of years. I miss work;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS