PDA

View Full Version : A couple for all you wind turbine fans!

Rubbertramp
04-08-2012, 20:53
caister on sea - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/CyODw) ....Great views of the Scroby Sands wind farm off Great Yarmouth

lowestoft - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/iKQM5) .....Right underneath "Gulliver", the largest wind turbine in the UK.....Whoosh whoosh!

Wind Dancer
04-08-2012, 21:18
Great view - looking out to sea. Was the woosh woosh a gentle soothing one that would lull you (one) to sleep?

kimbowbill
05-08-2012, 06:47
My daughter lived along side one for 5 years, i must admit when she first moved there we all thought this would be a problem, but it is very relaxing to listen too, you just get used to the noise, albeit a woooosh wooooosh, it is chilling, and i love to see em, especially out at sea, working hard like our fishermen, now that's another story

jamesmarshall
05-08-2012, 08:35
I hate wind turbines with a passion. They are a blot on the landscape, cost us all a ridiculous amount in subsidies to foreign owned companies. They don't work when the wind doesn't blow. When the wind is too strong and the grid is over capacity we have to pay the companies for lost revenue when thay are turned off. We could cover this country in wind turbines and it wouldn't close one fossil fuelled power station. Our Government's policy on renewable energy is expensive and totally misguided. Meanwhile our domestic energy bills continue to rise to the point where more and more people are being forced into fuel poverty. Getting back on topic though, I have to agree the sound they make is soothing.

Wind Dancer
05-08-2012, 10:02
They have other uses too :dance:
Our local one is a great landmark to help me get to Costco, or remember which exit to take from the motorway after a long journey back from camping trip :sleep-040::lol-053:

jamesmarshall
05-08-2012, 10:09
They have other uses too :dance:
Our local one is a great landmark to help me get to Costco, or remember which exit to take from the motorway after a long journey back from camping trip :sleep-040::lol-053:

just wait until there are thousands of them, you will think you are in Hampton Court maze.:lol-049:

Rubbertramp
06-08-2012, 08:07
Great view - looking out to sea. Was the woosh woosh a gentle soothing one that would lull you (one) to sleep?

Aye lassie...a woosh woosh and a great big silvery moon!............No Arthur....leave it!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS