PDA

View Full Version : courgette's

Doodles
05-08-2012, 07:56
Well at least something is growing in the allotment :) put the 2 litre bottle there to show the actual size :lol-053:

Wind Dancer
05-08-2012, 08:07
Ahhh, a whole family of them :D
Not seen one that big before though!
Congratulations :dance:

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 08:14
Ahhh, a whole family of them :D
Not seen one that big before though!
Congratulations :dance:

That is because they have grown into marrows :idea-007: They are better than mine which got mildew in all the wet. Even me tommies have got blight :scared::cry:

Doodles
05-08-2012, 08:21
Ive had an ok crop of tomatoes now with more on the way.Also going to have a very nice crop of chilli's too.Runner beans seem to have taken off and corn cob's starting to produce now.I have strimmed over everything else now as weather has just destroyed everything.Might get the rotavator out and get a load of late potatoes in the ground for christmas along with the leeks,cauliflower and brussels etc.

baloothebear
05-08-2012, 09:24
I'm surprised that we've managed to grow anything this year with all the rain we've had.

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 09:29
Ive had an ok crop of tomatoes now with more on the way.Also going to have a very nice crop of chilli's too.Runner beans seem to have taken off and corn cob's starting to produce now.I have strimmed over everything else now as weather has just destroyed everything.Might get the rotavator out and get a load of late potatoes in the ground for christmas along with the leeks,cauliflower and brussels etc.

SHAAAAADAP!!!! I don't want to hear this:scared::rolleyes2::mad2::mad::mad1:

Doodles
05-08-2012, 09:32
Everything else failed though :dance: you should see my strawberries they have gone very strange indeed most of them growing with a perfect hole in the middle :rolleyes2:

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 09:37
Everything else failed though :dance: you should see my strawberries they have gone very strange indeed most of them growing with a perfect hole in the middle :rolleyes2:
Them's Polo mint

BambiOwner
05-08-2012, 09:40
I never plant any thing because I am never at home to water and tend to it I get moswt of my veg and salad things from Aldi on the 39 pence offers takes all the hard work out of it and where I live (in a retirement complex) we have a gardener who mows the lawn and trims the hedge

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 09:43
I never plant any thing because I am never at home to water and tend to it I get moswt of my veg and salad things from Aldi on the 39 pence offers takes all the hard work out of it and where I live (in a retirement complex) we have a gardener who mows the lawn and trims the hedge

Get a couple of hanging baskets for the MH You can grow some toms then :)

moonshadow
05-08-2012, 10:23

So not fair! I might just get my first Tom in the next few days, had half a dozen beans off the French beans but the plants are only 1ft tall. The courgettes, third attempt, don't even have flowers on yet. Just seeing some tiny cues in the greenhouse, again 3rd attempt and we've had half a dozen carrots! Seriously considering grassing it all over next year. I planted some leeks and something has eaten most of those too!

Doodles
05-08-2012, 11:32
So not fair! I might just get my first Tom in the next few days, had half a dozen beans off the French beans but the plants are only 1ft tall. The courgettes, third attempt, don't even have flowers on yet. Just seeing some tiny cues in the greenhouse, again 3rd attempt and we've had half a dozen carrots! Seriously considering grassing it all over next year. I planted some leeks and something has eaten most of those too!

At one point we had decided to just leave the fruit bushes at the back and then extend the chicken coop out and get loads more chickens as easier to look after.Its been a bad year all round for growers by looks of it hope things improve next year.

Sparks
05-08-2012, 11:47
Post deleted

chubadub
05-08-2012, 14:51
Hi, you not making wine with big one ?( marrow):tongue:

Somelier
05-08-2012, 16:17
I'm going to be very pedantic here.:wacko: Your title says courgette's, so courgette's what? Or do you mean courgettes?:banana:

Funky Farmer
05-08-2012, 16:22
I'm going to be very pedantic here.:wacko: Your title says courgette's, so courgette's what? Or do you mean courgettes?:banana:
How very observant of you, Somelier. I'm sure NTD will be indebted to you forever.:bow::rolleyes2:

baloothebear
05-08-2012, 17:44
The Sweetcorn is over 6ft high but no kernals showing yet. The potato haulm (Pink Fir Apple) went to 5ft. The Runner Beans have gone well but the bean pods are badly formed because, despite the rain, the water has got to the roots. The Courgettes have thrown far too many male flowers. The Toms have got leaf curl from so much rain and the Cucumbers have got lots of fruit coming but have suddenly developed powdery Mildew.
Some parts of the Woodlands have been impossible to get into except on foot.
It's one of the wettest and most unpleasant summer's I can remember

REC
05-08-2012, 20:49
We, too have an enormous crop of courgettes / marrows. Amazing how many recipes there are for them! I reckon I could cook a three / four course meal with courgette in each course! I work at a chemo unit and take the spares in for the staff or patients...not many hospitals offer chemo and courgettes:tongue:
Just went to the allotment today and brought back this little assortment.

Ate the carrots, beans and some of the beetroot and lettuce already though. The carrots were particularly successful, although we had some interesting shapes!

The corn are producing cobs which look good, just hope they swell before rotting!!

ricc
06-08-2012, 08:00
i havnt got round to planting anything outside this year, just put a few bits in the polytunnel..... the strawberries were rubbish... normally pick loads in may theyre just starting to produce a few fruits now, broad beans were ok , runners produced some then we had two hot days which seems to have stopped them, dwarf french beans are doing well, just had the first real tomato picking, gardeners delight and tigerella. last year i let some salad leaves go to seed in the tunnel.... been picking leaves from the self grown carpet for months.

if you want lettuce plants lidle sometimes have a pack of living salad.... its a tray of lettuce plants that your supposed to stick on the kittchen window sill and pick leaves off as they slowly die.... its actually an easy source of lettuce plants to plant out..

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS