PDA

View Full Version : Should have kept my mouth shut.

Bushtrekker
07-08-2012, 18:19
I checked with the eye hospital yesterday and the appointment is be 13 weeks away, which leaves me free to head off without coming back for anything, so this morning I told my wife that we should just go for it and come back when we felt like it. Half an hour later sods law struck again as my wife had a letter to attend a medical examination in connection with her invalidity benefit on 23rd August, which screws up our plans yet again. My wife is 60, has just gone from being registered partially sighted to being registered as blind and some jobsworth thinks she should go for a medical to see if she is fit to work, despite having to retire on health grounds four years ago. Bloody wonderful!:mad1:

Funky Farmer
07-08-2012, 18:30
For goodness sake!!!! What is the matter with these people. I have a friend who is bed bound and only has the use of one hand. They reassessed her and cut her care by four hours a day. God knows what will happen if she is taken ill in that period? She will probably die!! Perhaps that's what the powers that be want :mad2:

Bushtrekker
07-08-2012, 19:31
So I'd rather not comment on the benefits system, other than to say that until my wife developed Retinitis Pigmentosa and had to give up work she was a senior staff nurse, paying tax and a full stamp, unlike a lot of the scroungers hanging around our streets. I'm beginning to get a phobia, as since I retired and bought the camper the weather has been rubbish and every time we go away we end up coming back early for some reason or another:D

Smaug
07-08-2012, 21:08
So I'd rather not comment on the benefits system, other than to say that until my wife developed Retinitis Pigmentosa and had to give up work she was a senior staff nurse, paying tax and a full stamp, unlike a lot of the scroungers hanging around our streets. I'm beginning to get a phobia, as since I retired and bought the camper the weather has been rubbish and every time we go away we end up coming back early for some reason or another:D

S'no problem really, nowt wrong with lots of short trips! Try planning a shorty & then stretch it a bit! :king:

We just had a day out with the G-kids. Picked 'em up from dancing class, dinner at Highgate Common then a run around. Moved on to Kinver edge to find the Rock Houses closed so up the hill for a walk & back for tea, dropped 'em off at home & back home to our own beds, shattered! Couldn't have stopped over anyway as we are having the drains done tomorrow! So it goes.

Best wishes with the health problems & with grabbing a bit of fun whenever you can.

Bushtrekker
08-08-2012, 06:06
'We just had a day out with the G-kids. Picked 'em up from dancing class, dinner at Highgate Common then a run around. Moved on to Kinver edge to find the Rock Houses closed so up the hill for a walk'

So much variety within one county and easy to get anywhere.

baloothebear
08-08-2012, 08:22
There was a Panorama programme about ATOS recently. You may be able to get it on BBC iPlayer. It made for some pretty disturbing viewing.

vindiboy
08-08-2012, 09:15
A lot of people are getting these benefits and don't actually deserve them, they seem to have been able to cheat the system somehow, now people are being reassessed it can only be a good thing in my opinion as the money available will go only to those that really deserve it and not the cheats, this can only be good surely.I have only sympathy with the deserving disabled.

vindiboy
08-08-2012, 09:31
'We just had a day out with the G-kids. Picked 'em up from dancing class, dinner at Highgate Common then a run around. Moved on to Kinver edge to find the Rock Houses closed so up the hill for a walk'

So much variety within one county and easy to get anywhere.

Hampshire is like that too.We have the South Coast, the New Forest ,lots of open Countryside and Country Parks,The Isle of Wight and ferry trips on the Solent, Cruise ships and Container ships in and out daily and a great vantage point to watch the ships from [ Mayflower Park at Southampton ] cheap parking even for Motorhomes,free parking at Lyndhurst with direct Forest access ,love'in it.:wave:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mayflower+park+southampton&hl=en&ll=50.897593,-1.409757&spn=0.031668,0.077162&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.767092,19.753418&hq=mayflower+park&hnear=Southampton,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=50.897593,-1.409757&panoid=f9rM-x4sul29HS7j9squYw&cbp=12,69.47,,0,0 The park does not normally look such a mess the picture must have been taken just after the International Boat Show which is also held here.Good sea fishing here also.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Boltons+Bench+Lyndhurst+Southampton&hl=en&ll=50.872229,-1.569185&spn=0.015843,0.038581&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.767092,19.753418&hq=Boltons+Bench+Lyndhurst&hnear=Southampton,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=50.872229,-1.569185&panoid=i2sBqtM18dXWa2Ep-o7xfQ&cbp=12,51.45,,0,0

Five minute walk from here to centre of Lynhurst, great Chippy if you want to eat.

Bushtrekker
08-08-2012, 09:56
A lot of people are getting these benefits and don't actually deserve them, they seem to have been able to cheat the system somehow, now people are being reassessed it can only be a good thing in my opinion as the money available will go only to those that really deserve it and not the cheats, this can only be good surely.I have only sympathy with the deserving disabled.

We have two friends who are registered disabled and neither of them has received a letter from Atos, so it appears to be completely arbitrary as to whether you get called in or not. I actually had to complete my wife's form for her, which should have given them a clue that she was really unlikely to be able to work, but apparently not.

As things stand, my wife is one of the women who got caught out when the government moved yet another set of goalposts and won't get her pension until 2014, so if these idiots pull the plug it will make a serious dent in our finances. I would be far more impressed if everyone was called in, because that way they would catch the ones who are not disabled, but grossly obese, have an non-existent back problem, or are 'Too stressed to work.' It might also catch out some of the GPs who hand out sick notes like sweets.

Lee
08-08-2012, 10:19
As things stand, my wife is one of the women who got caught out when the government moved yet another set of goalposts and won't get her pension until 2014

I can sympathise with your wife - my goal post got moved by 18 months - I should be enjoying my retirement now in Europe but have to wait until Sept 2013....

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS