PDA

View Full Version : iPad help

lotty
07-08-2012, 20:35
Anyone with an iPad able to help me?
I'm having to use my iPad as my main computer at the moment with having no Internet connection.
It's ok apart from when I post a reply on a thread or reply to a pm, if I add a smiley, once posted the iPad closes the forum down leaving only the smiley page open and I have to re open wild camping, it's getting very frustrating.
Anyone any ideas why?
Lotty

ellisboy
07-08-2012, 20:54
Lotty! When you use a smiley you need to press the x and close it before you press the submit reply button :pc:

lotty
07-08-2012, 21:01
Lotty! When you use a smiley you need to press the x and close it before you press the submit reply button :pc:

Ah! Thanks I'll give it a try. Women know your limits :hammer:

ellisboy
07-08-2012, 21:03
It's simples when you know how! Took me a while to work it out, use my iPad everyday :banana:

lotty
07-08-2012, 21:03
Ellisboy, it worked! Thanks, think I need lessons on this blasted thing!
X

ellisboy
07-08-2012, 21:05
They are quite easy to use and so much quicker than a laptop to just switch on and use.

Admin
07-08-2012, 21:11
You can just use the smilie codes. they are written below them

:code:
colon banana colon gets you :banana:

mariesnowgoose
07-08-2012, 21:16
Colonic banana needs to be this way up:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/upside.banana-emoticon-1433.html)

:lol-053:

mariesnowgoose
07-08-2012, 21:29
They are quite easy to use and so much quicker than a laptop to just switch on and use.

We would like to take our iPad with us when we go camping, but haven't sussed out how to work it outside of the house :confused:
It connects through our normal router with login and password.

I thought we might be able to connect it to my iPhone and use the service on that, but apparently Vodaphone will charge us 1 per minute for the privilege :eek:
I've never really done much mobile computing and am only a recent user of an iPhone (had a 10 year old brick before, but the iPhone is wonderful!).

You peeps seem to be very technically minded, so I wondered how you connect to the net with your iPad when you're on the road?
(There's probably a forum covering this already, but I'm just too damn lazy to go look - sorry Phil)

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

lotty
07-08-2012, 21:32
We would like to take our iPad with us when we go camping, but haven't sussed out how to work it outside of the house :confused:
It connects through our normal router with login and password.

I thought we might be able to connect it to my iPhone and use the service on that, but apparently Vodaphone will charge us 1 per minute for the privilege :eek:
I've never really done much mobile computing and am only a recent user of an iPhone (had a 10 year old brick before, but the iPhone is wonderful!).

You peeps seem to be very technically minded, so I wondered how you connect to the net with your iPad when you're on the road?
(There's probably a forum covering this already, but I'm just too damn lazy to go look - sorry Phil)

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

Mine is a 3G one which I pay monthly for useage. If you have a wifi only one you need to find hotspots or free wifi places
X

mariesnowgoose
07-08-2012, 21:39
Someone advised us to swap from Vodaphone (I pay a monthly fee with them) as some other mobile phone providers offer unlimited access to the Internet with your iPad as well as your phone, but I have only just started looking into this. I certainly object to paying more than one fee in order to use both devices on the road, or the extortionate 1 per minute Vodaphone would charge for using the iPad with my iPhone service.

lotty
07-08-2012, 21:42
Someone advised us to swap from Vodaphone (I pay a monthly fee with them) as some other mobile phone providers offer unlimited access to the Internet with your iPad as well as your phone, but I have only just started looking into this. I certainly object to paying more than one fee in order to use both devices on the road, or the extortionate 1 per minute Vodaphone would charge for using the iPad with my iPhone service.

I am with the 3 network as they gave the most useage of them for the price. They do payg or contract
There is a thread on here I started when I was thinking of getting an iPad which has lots of info in. Sorry I don't know how to post the link with this iPad yet but you should find it if you use the search.

ellisboy
07-08-2012, 21:42
On Orange you should be able to tether iPad to iPhone data contract as long as you have the V5 software.

mariesnowgoose
07-08-2012, 21:51
Wahay!

Thanks for that folks, I knew you would come up with some suggestions :D

I shall look at the other bits of the forum for iPad stuff as suggested. You lovely people :)

My other half is nagging me to watch the end of an episode of Wallander we recorded the other day - I'll be back later - be good ......

Suewho
07-08-2012, 21:52
I buy a 12 month data sim with 12gb. This lasts for 12 months, when my last one ran out I still had over 7gb left unused. On my second one now, so this time I know I can watch more videos etc without fear of running out. I buy mine on eBay and this one cost me 38, best value I know of for 12 months usage, and best of all no contract.
Btw it is on the Three network, we have been all over with it, Scotland down to Cornwall and always got a signal. Only exception was isle of mull, not very good, but neither are a lot of phones on there either.
Hope this helps

SteveG
07-08-2012, 22:14
I buy a 12 month data sim with 12gb. This lasts for 12 months, when my last one ran out I still had over 7gb left unused. On my second one now, so this time I know I can watch more videos etc without fear of running out. I buy mine on eBay and this one cost me 38, best value I know of for 12 months usage, and best of all no contract.
Btw it is on the Three network, we have been all over with it, Scotland down to Cornwall and always got a signal. Only exception was isle of mull, not very good, but neither are a lot of phones on there either.
Hope this helps

Are there any more at that price?
If there is, what`s the item number please.

Thanks

Steve

kimbowbill
08-08-2012, 06:19
I am with the 3 network as they gave the most useage of them for the price. They do payg or contract
There is a thread on here I started when I was thinking of getting an iPad which has lots of info in. Sorry I don't know how to post the link with this iPad yet but you should find it if you use the search.

Do you mean this one

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-motorhome-chat/18588-ipad-deal-any-good.html?highlight=which+ipad

xx

Suewho
08-08-2012, 13:28
This is the item no. For one he has for sale now on buy it now price. He's got a couple more n one is auction.
I have bought 5 off him and can recommend him, all work fine.
He will cut it to micro size for iPad or leave it normal for a dongle, just tell him what you need.
Hope ths helps a few folk as I hate to see people get ripped off.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS